Slow down...

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Hi guys, i come in peace. I wanted to get an opinion from King's fans without the main forum pissin' contest. Do you guys feel Bernier is available?

Not here to give crap proposals, just wondering.

I don't think he is. He'll probably get moved in the offseason, though.

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
Hey a Mackinnon-Drouin draft would be awesome for columbus! but mostly i came over to see why the defending champs are starting so poorly, the loss of JJ that much of an effect or is it just lack of prep time with only about a week between when the lockout ended and when the seson started?

The loss of JJ is why we won the cup. :sarcasm:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hey a Mackinnon-Drouin draft would be awesome for columbus! but mostly i came over to see why the defending champs are starting so poorly, the loss of JJ that much of an effect or is it just lack of prep time with only about a week between when the lockout ended and when the seson started?

Combination: unprepared/out of shape/timing issues, some really bad breaks on posts and bounces, teams getting up against us, and a really godawful PP.

Edit: Also, Mitchell AND Greene out

Jun 30, 2006
I blame the lack of a power-play. I never thought I'd miss Kompon!

Yeah lets compare Kompon, who had years to work with the players to Payne who was added to the staff right before the lockout.

Payne has only had a couple weeks to work with the players, give me a break.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Yeah lets compare Kompon, who had years to work with the players to Payne who was added to the staff right before the lockout.

Payne has only had a couple weeks to work with the players, give me a break.

Kompon has had minimal time working with Chicago, have you checked their PP stats?

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

We won the Cup without Jack. Our team is stronger without him.

Hi guys, i come in peace. I wanted to get an opinion from King's fans without the main forum pissin' contest. Do you guys feel Bernier is available?

Not here to give crap proposals, just wondering.

No he isn't. The risk of trading him and then having Quick go down is too much to think about. As good as Quick is, I wouldn't worry if Bernier was between the pipes.

-

Yes, that game was extremely frustrating and no I'm not worried. The power play is a passing clinic. SHOOT THE PUCK!!! Crash the net, do some back door moves, and use something different.

Last edited:

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Thank God someone here sees it as what it is, training camp. I'm happy with a point.

Captain Mittens*

Hey a Mackinnon-Drouin draft would be awesome for columbus! but mostly i came over to see why the defending champs are starting so poorly, the loss of JJ that much of an effect

The Kings got better when they traded Jack

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
We won the Cup without Jack. Our team is stronger without him.

No he isn't. The risk of trading him and then having Quick go down is too much to think about. As good as Quick is, I wouldn't worry if Bernier was between the pipes.

-

Yes, that game was extremely frustrating and no I'm not worried. The power play is a passing clinic. SHOOT THE PUCK!!! Crash the net, do some back door moves, and use something different.

how are you guys doing this year again?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I'm not going to do your research for you. Check out our record after the trade, even without the playoffs.

How did you guys fare after?

Glad he's working out for you and glad he's found his place, but if your appearance in this thread is a thinly-veiled attempt at trolling us over Jack Johnson, it's a massive failure.

As someone already said, this is essentially training camp. No reason to get too high or too low after three sloppy games into the season.

Last edited:

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
How is JJ working out for you? Did he help you guys get to the playoffs last season? It's three games, plus coming from a team that's only made the playoffs once in their entire history, you shouldn't be so quick to throw stones.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Were only 3 games into the season and have made improvements in each of the games. Were 3 games into the season and I'm reading people wanting to fire this, and trade that, and wave this. REALLY? Well I'm glad DL is in charge at this point and not some of you.

Some of the players aren't performing as we would like but you need to see the real picture here. Training camp is 2 weeks old, and we've never been good out of the gate in that short of a time anyway. Guys can be a little sore still, timing's are off a little, it takes time for the chemistry to build back up. They're on the road and don't have the time they need to work on those little things, so they need to work on them during games. I'm not ready to panic yet, not in the least. As long as I see a steady stream of improvements, I'm happy.

Lets see more improvement Saturday then talk. Were only 3 points out of a playoff spot!! :D

hmmm... :huh:

well, I guess last night they did hold a 1-goal (what else?) lead until much later in the 3rd period. I like where this is going! :laugh:

and several other teams seem to already have "good timing and chemistry"

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

How have your CBJ done for the entire franchise ?

One playoff series for the teams entire existence ?

Wrong place to be gloating bud. Also I see Jack is right were he belongs to start the season, in the minus zone.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
hmmm... :huh:

well, I guess last night they did hold a 1-goal (what else?) lead until much later in the 3rd period. I like where this is going! :laugh:

and several other teams seem to already have "good timing and chemistry"

Yes but will they in June? A hot start isn't nearly as important as a hot finish. This is a lesson we all learned last season.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Yes but will they in June? A hot start isn't nearly as important as a hot finish. This is a lesson we all learned last season.

As long as the Kings are at least 500. by game twelve, they should be ok.

That would leave them with thirty six games to play 600. hockey.

Kings are probably going to need a lot of OT points as well this year.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Clifford after 39 Games last year to start the season.

39GP 1G 4A -6

After 3GP this season 1G 4A +4.....Keep it going Clifford.

Kudos also to Sutter for rewarding the Kid. Not sure Terry Murray would have done that.

I don't know who Mackinnon-Drouin is but good luck with that.

Jack Johnson is irrelevant to the Kings. And btw, Jeff Carter scored some of the most important goals in Kings history last year. I was fan of Jack's too.

Check out the Kings record without Willie Mitchell in the line up since he signed with the Kings. It isn't very impressive. He isn't be all, end all but they are definitely missing him on defense and the top two lines have been playing poorly.

Most of us don't give a ****. We saw something happen last June that I thought I'd never see in my life time. There are still 45 games left in the season and quite frankly, this is a season that I didn't think we'd have so I'm just happy to be watching hockey.

Hint: CBS has the Kings' draft pick this next year because of the Carter/JJ trade -- they want us to stink up the ice this year -- that's what he meant.

Yes, I know. My point is I don't give a **** about Jack Johnson or the first rounder the Kings gave up.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Were only 3 games into the season and have made improvements in each of the games. Were 3 games into the season and I'm reading people wanting to fire this, and trade that, and wave this. REALLY? Well I'm glad DL is in charge at this point and not some of you.

Some of the players aren't performing as we would like but you need to see the real picture here. Training camp is 2 weeks old, and we've never been good out of the gate in that short of a time anyway. Guys can be a little sore still, timing's are off a little, it takes time for the chemistry to build back up. They're on the road and don't have the time they need to work on those little things, so they need to work on them during games. I'm not ready to panic yet, not in the least. As long as I see a steady stream of improvements, I'm happy.

Get rid of Richards???? ROFLMFAO!!! You guys are so funny sometimes! Look what he's done in the playoffs. He was as big of a part of winning the Stanley Cup as damn near Kopi, Brown, or Quick. Yes, he most likely cost us the game in Oil country for a few reasons, (was his back door PK which scored the game winner, he did have the puck and failed to hit the empty net on a hurried shot, and he left the ice slow for that penalty in OT) but i think he's earned some credit with his "fans" for services rendered.

Lets see more improvement Saturday then talk. Were only 3 points out of a playoff spot!! :D

He missed the EN because Schultz deflected it. I'm not worried about him going slow off the ice either. I don't think abyone can question his heart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad