Slow down...

MSRinkRat

May 4, 2012
Were only 3 games into the season and have made improvements in each of the games. Were 3 games into the season and I'm reading people wanting to fire this, and trade that, and wave this. REALLY? Well I'm glad DL is in charge at this point and not some of you.

Some of the players aren't performing as we would like but you need to see the real picture here. Training camp is 2 weeks old, and we've never been good out of the gate in that short of a time anyway. Guys can be a little sore still, timing's are off a little, it takes time for the chemistry to build back up. They're on the road and don't have the time they need to work on those little things, so they need to work on them during games. I'm not ready to panic yet, not in the least. As long as I see a steady stream of improvements, I'm happy.

Get rid of Richards???? ROFLMFAO!!! You guys are so funny sometimes! Look what he's done in the playoffs. He was as big of a part of winning the Stanley Cup as damn near Kopi, Brown, or Quick. Yes, he most likely cost us the game in Oil country for a few reasons, (was his back door PK which scored the game winner, he did have the puck and failed to hit the empty net on a hurried shot, and he left the ice slow for that penalty in OT) but i think he's earned some credit with his "fans" for services rendered.

Lets see more improvement Saturday then talk. Were only 3 points out of a playoff spot!! :D

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
It's nice to know that even a cup win won't ever change things around here. In times of such turbulence, it's comforting to know that HF is a perpetual constant.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Hi guys, i come in peace. I wanted to get an opinion from King's fans without the main forum pissin' contest. Do you guys feel Bernier is available?

Not here to give crap proposals, just wondering.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I don't know what everyone is so upset about....personally, I'm glad to see this team showing so much consistency. They were awful during the regular season last year and they are carrying over that same awful play into this season. But, IF they get into the playoffs, look out!!

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I don't know what everyone is so upset about....personally, I'm glad to see this team showing so much consistency. They were awful during the regular season last year and they are carrying over that same awful play into this season. But, IF they get into the playoffs, look out!!

Seriously, they're playing like a number 8 seed. We've got the league right where we want them! :)

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Please stop using the lack of training camp as an excuse. Every team is in the same boat.

I said this when the Kings were on their way to winning the Cup but them winning the Cup has me indifferent to anything that happens in the future. Compound that with the bad taste in my mouth from the lockout and I really don't even care. They can lose all 48 games for all I care. The magic happened last June. I knew it at the time that it might be a once in a lifetime thing and I'm cool with that. Anything else good that happens into the future is just a bonus.

They can trade the whole team, finish first, finish last, decapitate the opposition. I don't really give a ****. I'm back to being a hockey fan first and a Kings fan second.

That being said, I'm not really surprised at their start. If they continue to play this poorly the rest of the season, I'd be surprised but either way I don't really care.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I said this when the Kings were on their way to winning the Cup but them winning the Cup has me indifferent to anything that happens in the future. Compound that with the bad taste in my mouth from the lockout and I really don't even care. They can lose all 48 games for all I care. The magic happened last June. I knew it at the time that it might be a once in a lifetime thing and I'm cool with that. Anything else good that happens into the future is just a bonus.

They can trade the whole team, finish first, finish last, decapitate the opposition. I don't really give a ****. I'm back to being a hockey fan first and a Kings fan second.

That being said, I'm not really surprised at their start. If they continue to play this poorly the rest of the season, I'd be surprised but either way I don't really care.

That is where I am at as well.

Promised myself I wouldn't get so upset like last year.

Frankly it's nice to not care now, less stress in my life.

Plus I got to see the Kings lift the cup in my life.

You could be a Cubs fan after all.....

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Also Sutter is awesome, I love how sarcastic he is...

It's just a subtle sarcasm, like your not quite sure if he is serious.

But he is 100% serious. :)

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I said this when the Kings were on their way to winning the Cup but them winning the Cup has me indifferent to anything that happens in the future.

I can't say I'm indifferent, but I can say the angst I felt as a Kings fan for all those years prior to June 11th isn't there. I got to see the Kings win a Cup, and first one in franchise history at that. That's going to sustain me for a while.

Saying that, the Kings are just playing too loose so far. Those short, crisp passes they were making in the playoffs are nowhere to be found right now. The aggressive Quick in the playoffs has been an overaggressive Quick this season. Some of the guys aren't in game shape, some are. They're coming off the high of increasing levels of playoff hockey. They're just kind of all over the place.

The weird thing is that I feel it as a fan. The 3 games so far haven't felt like real games. Maybe part of that is the lockout, but it's also a recent Cup run. These aren't playoff games in a short series with the season on the line.

Last edited:

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
The '94-'95 Devils tied their first game of that shortened regular season, then lost their next 3 straight. Didn't exactly set the world of fire at the beginning of their Stanley Cup-winning season that year, did they?

Back to the Kings, one of the HUGE aspects of their game last playoffs - their incredibly-good breakout plays - has been missing this season. I did see some signs of it last night, though.

Timing. It's better, but not there yet.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA

I did the same. Yet last night, when Stoll made that weak-ass clearing attempt while the Kings were on the PK, you know, the one right before the disallowed goal (which shouldn't have been disallowed IMO).......I nearly put the remote through my plasma.

Apparently my passion hasn't waned too much.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Back to the Kings, one of the HUGE aspects of their game last playoffs - their incredibly-good breakout plays - has been missing this season. I did see some signs of it last night, though.

It was a surprise watching that first game against the Hawks. The first thing I noticed was that the passing just wasn't there. Long cross ice passes, pucks off the stick or skates, it was all off.

When they start getting back to that good passing, they'll start winning games. Until then, you just have to hope they don't put themselves in too big of a hole.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013

Columbus agrees with this

Ron*

That is where I am at as well.

Frankly it's nice to not care now, less stress in my life.

Plus I got to see the Kings lift the cup in my life.

You could be a Cubs fan after all.....

At the time the New Orleans Saints won the Super Bowl, I said if it can happen for them, it can happen for the Kings, and less than three years later, it did.

I've also seen the Boston Red Sox end a long drought. I am sure its gonna happen for the Cubs too, at some point soon.

But to the larger point, last night's PGT was pure entertainment. But at the same time, quite disappointing from certain members of a fan base that have a hard time recognizing the fact that a team can still play well and lose.

Given the fact that the Kings are only three games in and coming off a championship season is additionally disappointing.

JureEe

Go Kings Go!
Apr 5, 2012
sLOVEnija
Hi guys, i come in peace. I wanted to get an opinion from King's fans without the main forum pissin' contest. Do you guys feel Bernier is available?

Not here to give crap proposals, just wondering.

i belive that Bernier is and isnt available.. Dean wont rush finding him new team, but if very good proposal comes, he will go after..

^ (dircted at Ron) Yeah I didn't think the Kings played particularly bad last night. They still need more from the top two lines but it seems the scoring issue has resurfaced. I agree with whoever pointed out the issue on breakouts. The Kings breakouts and tenacious forecheck are key components to what won them the Cup. I think they'll figure it out. I think they'll make the playoffs. If they don't, it isn't the end of the world. After all, there is always next year. :)

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Whatever floats your barge!

Hey a Mackinnon-Drouin draft would be awesome for columbus! but mostly i came over to see why the defending champs are starting so poorly, the loss of JJ that much of an effect or is it just lack of prep time with only about a week between when the lockout ended and when the seson started?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad