Slovan Bratislava 2015/2016

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Guys who follow Slovan, what happened to Nagy this season? His stats really dropped from last year.

Just like he exceeded expectations last season, he has underperformed this season. For Nagy to be successful, he needs to play on the 1st or 2nd line, but he's barely been able to hold on to a 4th-line spot lately. There's simply no spot anymore for Nagy on Slovan's 1st or 2nd line (although it took the coach Říha around half a season to determine that), and that means he'll be struggling. Slovan now has a clear-cut "Czech" 1st line and a "Slovenian" 2nd line. The 3rd line of Slovak veterans is currently Slovan's weak spot, and it would probably be best for Slovan to let those veterans (and Nagy) go following this season. (Not to mention Mihálik.)

HockeyCF

Oct 2, 2014
Vienna
:handclap::popcorn: 20 minutes to go to make the series really exciting.

Very solid performance, completely nullifying Radulov so far. A bit lucky but I'm not going to complain ;)

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
For Nagy to be successful, he needs to play on the 1st or 2nd line, but he's barely been able to hold on to a 4th-line spot lately.

Nagy gets to play on the 2nd power-play unit, though, as a fake defenseman along with Višňovský. Fruitless so far. Barker & Kundrátek are the defensemen on the 1st power-play unit.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Also, if you remember from last year's World Championship, when the Russian team was moved from Ostrava to Prague they had the whole hallway closed off by their dressing room so that a bunch of other teams had to take a complicated detour to get to their own changerooms. They've never been big fans of the idea that everyone should play by the same rules

Gromator

Feb 10, 2016

Gromator

Feb 10, 2016
NO, just NO! :shakehead

We can't really complain. The hit was in the "grey area", the refs had every right to call it. It's just that they don't call those grey areas against CSKA. And in this series, they seem to like to call them against Slovan with 2 minutes left during tie game.

Oh well, at least I got to hear the Radulov chant :laugh:

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
This doesn't hurt. If sth hurts, it's been the second game, but not this one. We played nothing, literally.

Anyway, I would admire Radulov for doing what he was doing if he was intelligent and realize the public emotions. But everyone knows he is a pure primitive so I wish he, well, I'd better stop it here.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
This doesn't hurt. If sth hurts, it's been the second game, but not this one. We played nothing, literally.

Anyway, I would admire Radulov for doing what he was doing if he was intelligent and realize the public emotions. But everyone knows he is a pure primitive so I wish he, well, I'd better stop it here.

what did he do today? I didn't notice anything in the TV and then all of the sudden the chants...

Gromator

Feb 10, 2016
If anyone missed it, this was the Radulov chant. There was also a much, much worse chant towards the refs near the end.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara

The only game I missed in this series was the first one and honestly, anyone judging only from second and third games would not think CSKA came 1st in regular season and Slovan 8th. There was not much difference. If Slovan played nothing; then CSKA did not create much, either. If Slovan played OK, CSKA was mediocre as well. At least, that has been my impression in this series.

The games so far have been only decided by experience and the virtue of being a "big team". Slovan is on par with CSKA, they are not getting destroyed or being swept on ice as many would have expected. However, in critical moments, they fail to deliver.

2-0 lead lost in Moscow, followed by a very quick OT goal and loss. Now, tonight, amazing atmosphere in Bratislava and relatively OK play; not giving CSKA many chances, having the lead etc and then suddenly, two goals in last 4 minutes, one of them with only 45 seconds left to go, and bam, you already trail 3-0.

On bracket, yeah, things look ugly. However, on ice, Slovan did not look bad at all. Though CSKA was not in the best shape either, that's also an important factor. For example, Sochi or Torpedo would probably be much more motivated and sharp against Slovan.

Anyways, I feel sad for Slovan because they deserved much more than this. Losing this series to CSKA would surprise nobody. It's totally fine. But this team, in the two I saw, deserved at least one win. With a little bit of luck, this series could've been 2-1 for Slovan now.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
The only game I missed in this series was the first one and honestly, anyone judging only from second and third games would not think CSKA came 1st in regular season and Slovan 8th. There was not much difference. If Slovan played nothing; then CSKA did not create much, either. If Slovan played OK, CSKA was mediocre as well. At least, that has been my impression in this series.

The games so far have been only decided by experience and the virtue of being a "big team". Slovan is on par with CSKA, they are not getting destroyed or being swept on ice as many would have expected. However, in critical moments, they fail to deliver.

2-0 lead lost in Moscow, followed by a very quick OT goal and loss. Now, tonight, amazing atmosphere in Bratislava and relatively OK play; not giving CSKA many chances, having the lead etc and then suddenly, two goals in last 4 minutes, one of them with only 45 seconds left to go, and bam, you already trail 3-0.

On bracket, yeah, things look ugly. However, on ice, Slovan did not look bad at all. Though CSKA was not in the best shape either, that's also an important factor. For example, Sochi or Torpedo would probably be much more motivated and sharp against Slovan.

Anyways, I feel sad for Slovan because they deserved much more than this. Losing this series to CSKA would surprise nobody. It's totally fine. But this team, in the two I saw, deserved at least one win. With a little bit of luck, this series could've been 2-1 for Slovan now.

exactly this, and that's why its so painful for us Slovan fans :rant:

HockeyCF

Oct 2, 2014
Vienna
C'mon Slovan, let's put up a fight atleast one more time today.
Can't wait, atmosphere was amazing on thursday!!

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
well, after 3 games against the best team of the world, we slovan fans can be proud of our team. the games were close, with luck we would even win 1 or 2 times.. but to be honest, CSKA players are amazing, i watched them, they are so quick, get almost every puck like they have magnet...and have radulov machina..
hope today we get luck back and can extend the series..
for next season i m quiet optimistic, if we hold players and riha, slovan will continue to get better, and then we could fight for 5-7 position and not 8 to get playoff easier...

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Honestly, I don't really think CSKA is playing that well. I expected much more from them. But anyway, they are still one or two tiers above us. With that being said, we could have won previous 2 games with a little more luck. I hope we at least get the win today.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
for next season i m quiet optimistic, if we hold players and riha

For next season, I'm especially optimistic if we finally get rid of certain notorious players (I don't need to spell it out, do I). There's just no place for "dead weight" on a bona fide play-off team. It can cost you dearly in these tense, hair's-breadth situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad