Slovaks in 2005 entry draft??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boondock Saint

Mar 6, 2003
Can anyone give me some information on some Slovakian players expected to be drafted in the upcoming NHL entry draft and where they are playing??

Any potential 1st or 2nd round picks??

Thanks...

Boondock Saint

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Zagrapan is a top 10 pick next year. Thats what I know. Lascek probably will get picked too. More info to come..

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Marek Zagrapan from Chicoutimi in the QMJHL league will likely be a top 15 pick, he's off to a great start in the QMJHL this year and he is showing impressing skills in the offensive zone. He's from Zlin in Slovakia.

Marek Bartanus is an intriguing prospect, but he seems extremely inconsistent. He could be a 2nd round pick, but he'll have to work hard.

I also heard alot of good from Slovak goaltender Vladimir Kovac, who could slip in the top 3 rounds.

It doesn't seem like a good draft for Slovakia...

leafaholix*

He obviously won't go in the top 2 rounds, but I wonder if Dominik Granak will get drafted in 2005. He's a defenseman playing in the Czech League, but he's a Slovak. Very small it seems in size, but he's having a good statistical year with HC Slavia Praha.

Boondock Saint

Mar 6, 2003
I'm looking primarily for players playing in Slovakia at the moment.... either in the top league or in the 1st division.

Thanks for the help so far, guys.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Boondock Saint said:
I'm looking primarily for players playing in Slovakia at the moment.... either in the top league or in the 1st division.

Thanks for the help so far, guys.

Anze Kopitar 6'2 202 getting some ink. i think he is a Slovak.

JSmith81x

Your weapon is guilt
Dec 20, 2002
Visit site
Some eligible Slovaks ...
L Igor Baček ... HC Slovan Bratislava (SVK)
L Marek Bartánus ... HC Košice (SVK)
L Martin Domian ... HKm Nitra (SVK U20)
D Dominik Granak ... HC Slavia Praha (CZE)
G Vladimir Kovac ... HK Dukla Trenčín (SVK U20)
R Richard Lelkes ... HK Dukla Trenčín (SVK U20)
C Marek Zagrapan ... Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

12# Peter Bondra said:
More info to come..
:razz:

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
And not everybody has 50 hockey pages in his favorites folder like you. You know more about Slovak prospects than I do.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Balej's Dance said:
What are his (Kopitars) stats exactly? I cant find anything, other than Bergfors, on sites.

Nevermind, thanks to the wonderful player search option at Eliteprospects.com I found it. Can anyone say Sniper? Kopitars stats for the J20 league:

Södertälje J20 SuperElit 10 games 11 goals 3 assists 14 points 8 PIM

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Balej's Dance said:
Nevermind, thanks to the wonderful player search option at Eliteprospects.com I found it. Can anyone say Sniper? Kopitars stats for the J20 league:

Södertälje J20 SuperElit 10 games 11 goals 3 assists 14 points 8 PIM
For sure, I normally find his stats at www.swehockey.se, and then picks GAMES ONLINE from the options on the top right of the screen, then click on J20 SuperElit and leading scorers. He looks like a very solid prospect, there was a recent write up on him the The Hockey News infact, and done by HF's very own Guy Flaming.

JSmith81x

Your weapon is guilt
Dec 20, 2002
Visit site
12# Peter Bondra said:
Again we meet on another board too.
Well, if you'd just stop following me ... ;)

12# Peter Bondra said:
And not everybody has 50 hockey pages in his favorites folder like you. You know more about Slovak prospects than I do.
50? I have probably 1000 hockey links. And I don't necessary know more about them, I just know of them. At least be happy I put the accents in.

A few more Slovaks for the list ...
L Tomás Bulík ... HC Košice (SVK)
R Juraj Mikus ... HK 36 Skalica (SVK)
C Erik Piatak ... HK ŠKP Poprad (SVK)
R Rastislav Spirko ... University of North Dakota (WCHA)*

* Spirko's 20 years old and played in the USHL last season. Unsure if he's draft-eligible or UFA.

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
Kopitar

According to elite prospects and a poster on the swedish board he is 6'00" 200lbs. ISS has him ranked 10th overall, Redline report wrote some good stuff about him last season. Looks good for a guy that has just played 10 games in a decent league

Last edited:

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
JayzinSmith said:
Well, if you'd just stop following me ... ;)

50? I have probably 1000 hockey links. And I don't necessary know more about them, I just know of them. At least be happy I put the accents in.

A few more Slovaks for the list ...
L Tomás Bulík ... HC Košice (SVK)
R Juraj Mikus ... HK 36 Skalica (SVK)
C Erik Piatak ... HK Å KP Poprad (SVK)
R Rastislav Spirko ... University of North Dakota (WCHA)*

* Spirko's 20 years old and played in the USHL last season. Unsure if he's draft-eligible or UFA.

I dont follow you.

1000 links? Aint that a bit too much? When you open your favorites (or wherever you have them) doesnt it take up a bit of space? :) And you didnt put the accent on Spirko :p: .

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
Some guys who could be drafted
Vladimir Kovac-G- Trencin jr
Martin Grundlich-D- Skalica jr
Matej Cunik-D- Sparta Prague jr
Branislav Lobotka- W-Trencin jr
Richard Lelkes- RW- Trencin
Marek Bartanus- LW- Kosice
Juraj Mikus- RW- Skalica