U18: Slovakia vs. Czech Republic 2 games (12.2, 13.2, 17:00)

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
So, finally some U18 games after a long time. The czech team is headed to Piestany, Slovakia, for 2 games against our team.
Slovak team will be very young - 11 players born in 2004, including Mesar and Nemec, then 4 players even a year younger, including Dvorsky and Molnar.
Slovak roster
Czech roster (Jiricek, Rysavy, Sapovaliv)

12.2. 17:00 Slovakia vs. Czech Republic - 5:4
12. Mešár, 27. Mešár (Dvorský), 32. Petrovský (Sýkora, Kapičák), 44. Dvorský (Nemec, Mešár), 49. Mešár (Demek) – 30. Brabenec (David Moravec), 38. Ticháček, 44. Petr Moravec, 60. Chmelař

13.2. 17:00 Slovakia vs. Czech Republic - 2:3
2. Molnár (Šramaty), 4. Demek (Mešár, Bačo) – 27. Šapovaliv. (Brabenec, Moravec P.), 29. Šedivý (Jasečko, Machu), 51. Brabenec (Pajer, Tichacek)

The games should be streamed here. Let's hope the event won't be cancelled!

Last edited:
Reactions: james12

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Potential SVK line-up

Marinov
Elias
Kubiridzak

Nemec - Groch
Kmec - Eperjesi
Strbak - Socha
Miklovic - Kapicak
Krakovsky - Zabka

Mesar - Dvorsky - Kupco
Zlnka - Petrovsky - Molnar
Sotek - Demek - Baco
Horvath - Sramaty - Sykora
Bubica - Suchy - Danielcak

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
They have club duties
That might be the strongest set of 3D we've had in over a decade. Not saying much given our D is very poor in general but kind of exciting. So frustrating as the U18's will be 2 hours from my home but I can't cross the border to go see these guys!

Reactions: kudla

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Incredibly naive games in defense (Pinkas a Cubo, lol), let's hope that with the addition of Svozil and Hamara, the defense will be much better.
The Slovaks have deservedly won, they have good players who can play a big role in the future.

Reactions: Wooren

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Incredibly naive games in defense, let's hope that with the addition of Svozil and Hamara, the defense will be much better.
The Slovaks have deservedly won, they have good players who can play a big role in the future.
A couple of those guys played their first game in like forever, so cut them some slack. That being said, I would say only Jiricek, Tichacek and Moravec should make the U18 WJC squad from today's line-up.

Czechs deserved to lose for that 1st period alone. Easily the worst hockey I have seen this season from a team. Overall it was obvious which team has been together for months and which for a few days, so many careless mistakes, mistimings and zero chemistry. I would hope that improves tomorrow and Czechs win, but either way it's good they get to play those games. They play like this against Russia or USA at the championship and the game is over after one period.

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
A couple of those guys played their first game in like forever, so cut them some slack. That being said, I would say only Jiricek, Tichacek and Moravec should make the U18 WJC squad from today's line-up.

Czechs deserved to lose for that 1st period alone. Easily the worst hockey I have seen this season from a team. Overall it was obvious which team has been together for months and which for a few days, so many careless mistakes, mistimings and zero chemistry. I would hope that improves tomorrow and Czechs win, but either way it's good they get to play those games. They play like this against Russia or USA at the championship and the game is over after one period.
And who else is missing in defense? I thought it was just the two players.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
And who else is missing in defense? I thought it was just the two players.
Sedivy and Machu, neither dressed for today's game, I would imagine both play tomorrow. Obviously not the same level as Svozil and Hamara, but both should be a welcome addition to the team.

Reactions: czech and Goodman68

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Slovakia up 2-0 in the first period of the 2nd game. I'd say this has been an even more dominant first period by Slovaks than yesterday.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I'm not going to judge now that the team hasn't played for months. Ok. But what the players are doing here is the biggest sh.t I've ever seen from our national team. And that I've seen a lot.

Reactions: Czechboy

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
I'm not going to judge now that the team hasn't played for months. Ok. But what the players are doing here is the biggest sh.t I've ever seen from our national team. And that I've seen a lot.
They are not doing much I agree. I tried to count how long they managed to stay in the attacking zone in even strength and it was probably hardly a minute in total, zone entries were non existent, just a few rushes with a non threatening shot. Is this is just a bad birth year, or are they just out of shape?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
They are not doing much I agree. I tried to count how long they managed to stay in the attacking zone in even strength and it was probably hardly a minute in total, zone entries were non existent, just a few rushes with a non threatening shot. Is this is just a bad birth year, or are they just out of shape?
I can't judge how much of an impact that the vast majority of a team doesn't have gaming experience. And how much the presence of Svozil, Jiricek and Hamara will raise the level. But this is absolutely crazy, and really, I'm ashamed of what I see. Obviously there is a lack of quality in everything, the defense makes school mistakes, there is a lack of starting an attack, players cannot pass normally.
Can anything change over time? I don't know, probably not.

Last edited:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Ok, I'm glad I was wrong. From the moment I complained, we started to play much better, with more effort, good forecheck, the combinations started to do much better, we kept the puck and probably finally deservedly won.
I'm really glad that the team is not nearly as bad as it looked until then.

Reactions: tobu

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I read this and got all excited and found the feed... only to see them lined up at Centre ice.lol Glad we were better (from comments above)... to be honest, really glad Slovakia looks good... hope they get back in their and both of us can force a big 7 again.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Czechs showed up from the 2nd period and deservedly came back in the game to steal it. It was close in the end, but good lesson for the all the kids on the ice that a game is more than just a single period.

Reactions: Goodman68

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I read this and got all excited and found the feed... only to see them lined up at Centre ice.lol Glad we were better (from comments above)... to be honest, really glad Slovakia looks good... hope they get back in their and both of us can force a big 7 again.
Don´t know anything about big 7. There is only big 5 and then everyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->