U18: Slovakia 2019 Talk

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Skating is a must to improve, we got absolutely shredded. This was supposed to be a year we competed and instead we are going to get relegated. How about no more foreign players, only 18 year olds that play in Slovak junior league. At least we won’t get relegated.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Skating is a must to improve, we got absolutely shredded. This was supposed to be a year we competed and instead we are going to get relegated. How about no more foreign players, only 18 year olds that play in Slovak junior league. At least we won’t get relegated.

So you’re going to turn away better players because they want to play at a higher level then the Slovak junior league? Seems like a good way to stay relegated and not succeed.

lostinwarsaw

Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
So you’re going to turn away better players because they want to play at a higher level then the Slovak junior league? Seems like a good way to stay relegated and not succeed.
We are already going to get relegated this year after losing to Latvia and this roster was our “best” of the past 10 years. We are already not succeeding, so why not make radical changes?

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
We are already going to get relegated this year after losing to Latvia and this roster was our “best” of the past 10 years. We are already not succeeding, so why not make radical changes?

A radical change doesn’t mean turning away your best players, it involves doing a better job of developing them and making sure you have talent coming through the pipeline. Which evidently they don’t have at the moment, the solution isn’t to punish the actual good talent you have, it’s to develop the other talent to a respectable level.

lostinwarsaw

Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
A radical change doesn’t mean turning away your best players, it involves doing a better job of developing them and making sure you have talent coming through the pipeline. Which evidently they don’t have at the moment, the solution isn’t to punish the actual good talent you have, it’s to develop the other talent to a respectable level.
Are they really the best players if they muster Zero wins and relegation in a tournament. You are not Slovak therefore you don’t understand our situation

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Are they really the best players if they muster Zero wins and relegation in a tournament. You are not Slovak therefore you don’t understand our situation

You don’t have to be Slovak to know that leaving players off the team that are vastly superior is no way to build the program back up.

Leave the Samuel Hlavaj’s, Oliver Turan’s and Maxim Cajkovic’s off the roster. As well as the countless other players that have left Slovakia to go play elsewhere, who are you going to replace them with? The most talented players will generally be the ones who leave because they have other options on the table. You can choose to only keep the players who stay in Slovakia but let’s see how that really works out for them in the end because I am quite sure, it isn’t what’s going to get Slovakia back to being a country that’s producing high level talent.

lostinwarsaw

Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
You don’t have to be Slovak to know that leaving players off the team that are vastly superior is no way to build the program back up.

Leave the Samuel Hlavaj’s, Oliver Turan’s and Maxim Cajkovic’s off the roster. As well as the countless other players that have left Slovakia to go play elsewhere, who are you going to replace them with? The most talented players will generally be the ones who leave because they have other options on the table. You can choose to only keep the players who stay in Slovakia but let’s see how that really works out for them in the end because I am quite sure, it isn’t what’s going to get Slovakia back to being a country that’s producing high level talent.
Hlavaj, Turan and cajkovic were horrible. So were other foreign players Jellus, mrazik and Knazko. The best players in the tournament for us were Chromiak, Krajc, Golian and Sojka. All play in the Slovak league. Nothing will bring Slovakia back to the same level. This was supposed to be our best team in the past 10-12 years at U18 and what happened? Relegation. There is plenty of players that should’ve been there including Richard Nemec, Melcher, etc. Can someone please tell my why Slovak federation is completely fine with embarrassing performance? Or why Slovak players are completely content with getting embarrassed. I believe more effort was given when Slovaks were representing Hungary in sports... :help:

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Hlavaj, Turan and cajkovic were horrible. So were other foreign players Jellus, mrazik and Knazko. The best players in the tournament for us were Chromiak, Krajc, Golian and Sojka. All play in the Slovak league. Nothing will bring Slovakia back to the same level. This was supposed to be our best team in the past 10-12 years at U18 and what happened? Relegation. There is plenty of players that should’ve been there including Richard Nemec, Melcher, etc. Can someone please tell my why Slovak federation is completely fine with embarrassing performance? Or why Slovak players are completely content with getting embarrassed. I believe more effort was given when Slovaks were representing Hungary in sports... :help:
What am i reading...

This team is nowhere near "our best team in 10 years". Don't know where that comes from

Last edited:
Reactions: degustator

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
I don't agree with this statement. At least years 1998/1999 and 1995 were better then the current one. I don't know where the hype about this year comes from.
Is it from WSI tournament few years ago?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

If you did this with the 2015 WHJC U20 bronze medal team, you'd be leavin Martin Reway, Peter Cehlarik and Christian Jaros off the team, as well as Matej Paulovic, David Soltes, Robert Lantosi and Pavol Skalicky. What would there be to gain from this?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
So, Swiss is next. This season Slovakia played 4 games, and won all of them. But im afraid, this unbeatable streak cant be hold much longer. Especially, agains Swiss.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
So, Swiss is next. This season Slovakia played 4 games, and won all of them. But im afraid, this unbeatable streak cant be hold much longer. Especially, agains Swiss.
We need to score as the first, till now we did not manage to do this.
I believe we will stay in A group, I think we have more talented team than Swiss.

lostinwarsaw

Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Cacho says that team has played a good tournament and if weren’t for some unlucky bounces and bad penalties we would be in quarterfinals/better position. Not sure what to make of this statement.

lostinwarsaw

Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
I don't agree with this statement. At least years 1998/1999 and 1995 were better then the current one. I don't know where the hype about this year comes from.
Is it from WSI tournament few years ago?
We had one of the highest rated Slovak prospects since Marko Dano in the team as well as players who were having good seasons both abroad and domestically. I’d say this team was better on paper than the last 3 years.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
So who’s losing their job first after this embarrassing tournament?
Cacho couldn't fulfill the potential of this team at all, nothing will change on it even if we stay in A group.
I think guys are very low in self confidence right now.
They would need to score some lucky goals tomorrow to get some calm. It is all about heads..
Had the team some mental couch this year as it was on last championships??? I didn't notice any information about it.

lostinwarsaw

Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
What else should he say? I did a miserable job? The players are miserable?
He should be honest and not try to hide behind weak excuses. Where is the accountability? For some reason I think Kohút will say this tournament was a success in some ways. :help:

lostinwarsaw

Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Cacho couldn't fulfill the potential of this team at all, nothing will change on it even if we stay in A group.
I think guys are very low in self confidence right now.
They would need to score some lucky goals tomorrow to get some calm. It is all about heads..
Had the team some mental couch this year as it was on last championships??? I didn't notice any information about it.
No, luck isn’t enough. Do the players actually even care about representing Slovakia? Low self confidence? How??!???! Perhaps some players of Hungarian origin would be more motivated playing for Hungary?

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
No, luck isn’t enough. Do the players actually even care about representing Slovakia? Low self confidence? How??!???! Perhaps some players of Hungarian origin would be more motivated playing for Hungary?
Which players from actual squad have Hungarian origin? Based on the names I can't see any player which could be Hungarian except goalie Latkoczy, but he didn't play any game.
I wouldn't try to find some conspiracy behind that. It is only sport and who knows maybe this loss is good for something.
Let's have a look at the German years 1994/1995. They were relegated from top division but the players like Draisaitl, Kahun, Tiffells, Eisenschmid are making very good careers.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Well this is embarrassing. Hopefully they kill the competition next year in D1, and hope this doesn't happen in the U20's.

lostinwarsaw

Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
I think next year will be back up and win promotion, but this mistake needs to be kept in back of mind.
Next year They should play Slafkovsky as a double under ager.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->