Slovakia: Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Czech republic u18 - Slovakia u18 5:1 (2:0, 3:1, 0:0)
Goal SK: 27. Lavička (Mudrák)
Zostava SR 18: Borák (27. Kozel) – Mudrák (A), Lavička, Ilenčík, Kňažko (C), Beňo, Hodorovič, Stacha, Volko – Chromiak, Sojka (A), Mrázik – Myklukha, Jellúš, Turanský – Haščák, Krajč, Kupka – Ganz, Honeček, Valigura

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
SVK 18 - FIN 18 0 - 11 !!!
Shots: 10 : 55

Yeah, there seems to be some troubles with our junior program.

OR

The Finns have 22 Laine's, Selanne's, Kurri's
I watched the 1st period and it looked like it will be a 0:5 or 1:6 loss. Bad, but expected. Slovaks (both players and coaches) must have completely given up after the 3rd or 4th goal.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
u15 team results

HK SKP Poprad u16 - Slovakia u15 1-7
54. Novák - 10. Žlnka (Gabriel), 11. Hazucha (Grega), 16. Žlnka (Petrovský, Gabriel), 24. Štekláč (Thomka), 40. Petrovský (Hruška), 44. Lachkovič, 52. Nátny (Kurty)

Poland u15 - Slovakia u15 3-8
18. Slusarczyk, 34. Nawrocki (Gromadzki), 45. Nawrocki (Gromadzki) - 4. Šotek (Suchý, Bartakovics), 10. Suchý (Mešár), 11. Šotek (Patzelt, Suchý), 14. Bartakovics (Šotek, Suchý), 37. Ondriš (Čulík, Lachkovič), 44. Repčík (Mešár), 57. Mešár (Repčík, Sýkora), 60. Suchý (Bartakovics, Kremnický)

Austria u15 - Slovakia u15 2-9
33. Lackner (Dobnig, Prodinger), 47. Auer (Wuryer) - 9. Petrovský, 12. Bartakovics (Patzelt, Žlnka), 20. Kremnický (Thomka), 21. Šotek, 32. Repčík (Patzelt, Moško), 35. Žlnka (Gabriel, Patzelt), 42. Pánik (Bartakovics, Žlnka), 48. Žlnka (Petrovský), 58. Thomka (Kurty, Nátny)

HK Dmitrov u16 - Slovakia u15 5-3
24. Baryshev (Glotov), 30. Molodtcov (Ruzin, Rozhkov), 54. Tochilkin (Molodtcov), 58. Chernetsov (Kurakov), 59. Chernetsov - 26. Repčík (Sýkora), 34. Patzelt (Bartakovics), 36. Repčík (Sýkora)

james12

Mar 31, 2018
u15 team results

HK SKP Poprad u16 - Slovakia u15 1-7
54. Novák - 10. Žlnka (Gabriel), 11. Hazucha (Grega), 16. Žlnka (Petrovský, Gabriel), 24. Štekláč (Thomka), 40. Petrovský (Hruška), 44. Lachkovič, 52. Nátny (Kurty)

Poland u15 - Slovakia u15 3-8
18. Slusarczyk, 34. Nawrocki (Gromadzki), 45. Nawrocki (Gromadzki) - 4. Šotek (Suchý, Bartakovics), 10. Suchý (Mešár), 11. Šotek (Patzelt, Suchý), 14. Bartakovics (Šotek, Suchý), 37. Ondriš (Čulík, Lachkovič), 44. Repčík (Mešár), 57. Mešár (Repčík, Sýkora), 60. Suchý (Bartakovics, Kremnický)

Austria u15 - Slovakia u15 2-9
33. Lackner (Dobnig, Prodinger), 47. Auer (Wuryer) - 9. Petrovský, 12. Bartakovics (Patzelt, Žlnka), 20. Kremnický (Thomka), 21. Šotek, 32. Repčík (Patzelt, Moško), 35. Žlnka (Gabriel, Patzelt), 42. Pánik (Bartakovics, Žlnka), 48. Žlnka (Petrovský), 58. Thomka (Kurty, Nátny)

HK Dmitrov u16 - Slovakia u15 5-3
24. Baryshev (Glotov), 30. Molodtcov (Ruzin, Rozhkov), 54. Tochilkin (Molodtcov), 58. Chernetsov (Kurakov), 59. Chernetsov - 26. Repčík (Sýkora), 34. Patzelt (Bartakovics), 36. Repčík (Sýkora)

Interesting tournament. I watched the last two games. I ensured myself in terms of my thoughts about the quality of 2004 class. As for the last game, it was on the top level assuming these players are only 14. It utterly seemed like u17 match instead of u15. I liked the selfishness of the forwards so they could show the skill set. On the other hand, they were solid at combination as well. Hockey IQ and stickhandling was there for sure. The biggest problem was probably skating abilities. I was able to see just 5 players with adequate edge work alongside with explosiveness and acceleration. Those 5 were tremendous overally for me. I don't want to overestimate them but according to my knowledge of players born in 2004, I reckon those are top 30 from those I've seen already. Others redeemed the lack of skating in tenacity, stickhandling and combination. OT: I really enjoyed High Tatras since I was not there since 2005 :D

Last edited:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Interesting tournament. I watched the last two games. I ensured myself in terms of my thoughts about the quality of 2004 class. As for the last game, it was on the top level assuming these players are only 14. It utterly seemed like u17 match instead of u15. I liked the selfishness of the forwards so they could show the skill set. On the other hand, they were solid at combination as well. Hockey IQ and stickhandling was there for sure. The biggest problem was probably skating abilities. I was able to see just 5 players with adequate edge work alongside with explosiveness and acceleration. Those 5 were tremendous overally for me. I don't want to overestimate them but according to my knowledge of players born in 2004, I reckon those are top 30 from those I've seen already. Others redeemed the lack of skating in tenacity, stickhandling and combination. OT: I really enjoyed High Tatras since I was not there since 2005 :D

Thanks for the report, I'm glad you liked both the Tatras and the Slovak team. :) That said it will be more important to see how they do against stronger competition than Poland and Austria. I think they should have a pair of games against the Czechs in the spring.

Reactions: james12

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Names of these 5 players? I guess Mesar is one of them :D

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Names of these 5 players? I guess Mesar is one of them :D

Yep, Mesar was dominant. I don't remember all of the names, however I've put down the jersey numbers. I haven't got any time to make any analysis, even to match player with a jersey number :D

Those I have note about:

#10 Mešár
#17 Petrovský
-these two I remember as explosive wingers..I've seen them both more than twice - definitely players to watch

-these and many more were really solid assuming their age

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Yep, Mesar was dominant. I don't remember all of the names, however I've put down the jersey numbers. I haven't got any time to make any analysis, even to match player with a jersey number :D

Those I have note about:

#10 Mešár
#17 Petrovský
-these two I remember as explosive wingers..I've seen them both more than twice - definitely players to watch

-these and many more were really solid assuming their age

These should be the players you mention looking at the roster:

#5 Marian Mosko
#9 Markus Suchy
#18 Alex Sotek

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I really liked the D-man #5. Great vision and skating.

Your words are very encouraging to hear especially since 3 players wee already with the u16 team during that tourney: G Rastislav Elias, D Simon Nemec and F Juraj Slafkovsky.

EDIT: Corrected as per the post below

Last edited:

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
For what it is worth, I guess I will write this here and keep it brief.

I think it is time for Ernest Bokroš to go. I think the reasons are obvious. Also, I no longer see the point of Slovensko 20. Our best players are in Sweden, Finland, CHL, USHL. The idea of keeping all the best players in one place at home, didn't work at all.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
For what it is worth, I guess I will write this here and keep it brief.

I think it is time for Ernest Bokroš to go. I think the reasons are obvious. Also, I no longer see the point of Slovensko 20. Our best players are in Sweden, Finland, CHL, USHL. The idea of keeping all the best players in one place at home, didn't work at all.
He has to go and I believe the best option is Richard Kapus to take over for him. Delete orange team and have players play with there club teams and if they are not good enough for that, they will stay in u20 team. Orange 20 team has really only produced bottom 6 forwards and 4,5,6 dman for u20 national team. Best players are going elsewhere as they should at a young age

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
He has to go and I believe the best option is Richard Kapus to take over for him. Delete orange team and have players play with there club teams and if they are not good enough for that, they will stay in u20 team. Orange 20 team has really only produced bottom 6 forwards and 4,5,6 dman for u20 national team. Best players are going elsewhere as they should at a young age
Kapus.... definitely not a good option. Javorcik is probably the best as of right now

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Okuliar and Cajkovic have combined for 5 goals and 9 assists (14 points) in December.

Taking out the game versus Kazakhstan, Milos Kelemen was 0+0/-7

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Okuliar and Cajkovic have combined for 5 goals and 9 assists (14 points) in December.

Taking out the game versus Kazakhstan, Milos Kelemen was 0+0/-7
This is likely beating a dead horse now. All of us have complained a lot about cajkovic not making the team. But yes they both have played very good in the Qmjhl this past month. As long as they make another leap next year, they could be a very good first line for us at u20. A line of Okuliar Kovacik Cajkovic we know can do some damage.

What’s strange is that imo Kelemen has actually regressed since last wjc, probably because of his injury. But he just didn’t look good at all, when I thought he’d be good contributor to the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->