Slovakia: Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

james12

Mar 31, 2018
To continue, I've picked 5 D-men who are, from my point of view, the best ones from defensive core of Slovak youth hockey for now. Birth yrs: 01-04.

Oliver Turan - Big D 6'5", 218 lbs. He possesses solid defensive play in overal, I was amazed by his abilities of getting the puck out of the dangerous zones, his zone entries are on high level too. He should maybe improve his physical play even though he's tall.

Samuel Kňažko - 5'11", 170 lbs. Guy with great work in offensive and defensive zone. Soft hands, hockey iq, support in offense. Things to improve: Skating, Physical play. Comparison: Sekera.

Marko Stacha - 6'0", 179 lbs. A dynamic, puck-moving D with solid skating abilities including edge work. I've just seen him once on tournament in Piešťany and I was truly amazed by his play. Comparison: Fehérváry (maybe)

Daniel Chovaniak - 5'10''. Another dynamic D. Insane shot, solid skating. He seemed to me like he was good at every single detail during the match such as pinching. Since I know players born in 03 quite well, I'm able to state that Chovaniak is on the top of my list. Comparison: A. Boqvist

Šimon Nemec - 5'10". Guy from younger generation (04), huge talent. I like that he tries to support the offense pretty frequently. His game is rounded. Anyway, he's just 14 thus I'm not going to analyse&predict his upside or even compare him to anybody - let's wait for 2 years.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
To continue, I've picked 5 D-men who are, from my point of view, the best ones from defensive core of Slovak youth hockey for now. Birth yrs: 01-04.

Oliver Turan - Big D 6'5", 218 lbs. He possesses solid defensive play in overal, I was amazed by his abilities of getting the puck out of the dangerous zones, his zone entries are on high level too. He should maybe improve his physical play even though he's tall.

Samuel Kňažko - 5'11", 170 lbs. Guy with great work in offensive and defensive zone. Soft hands, hockey iq, support in offense. Things to improve: Skating, Physical play. Comparison: Sekera.

Marko Stacha - 6'0", 179 lbs. A dynamic, puck-moving D with solid skating abilities including edge work. I've just seen him once on tournament in Piešťany and I was truly amazed by his play. Comparison: Fehérváry (maybe)

Daniel Chovaniak - 5'10''. Another dynamic D. Insane shot, solid skating. He seemed to me like he was good at every single detail during the match such as pinching. Since I know players born in 03 quite well, I'm able to state that Chovaniak is on the top of my list. Comparison: A. Boqvist

Šimon Nemec - 5'10". Guy from younger generation (04), huge talent. I like that he tries to support the offense pretty frequently. His game is rounded. Anyway, he's just 14 thus I'm not going to analyse&predict his upside or even compare him to anybody - let's wait for 2 years.

What about Boris Žabka (2004)?

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Very nice start to season for Andrej kukuca, pot right now in whl. Ruzicka has not progressed the way I hoped he would. Feels bad for cajkovic who is playing on arguably the worst team in the entire chl. Good start to season for Turan, okuliar and kovacik. If I had the choice of team for wjc, I’d go pretty much all NA players plus liska, krivosik, kelemen.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Very nice start to season for Andrej kukuca, pot right now in whl. Ruzicka has not progressed the way I hoped he would. Feels bad for cajkovic who is playing on arguably the worst team in the entire chl. Good start to season for Turan, okuliar and kovacik. If I had the choice of team for wjc, I’d go pretty much all NA players plus liska, krivosik, kelemen.

Hrehorcak is rocking. And Milos Roman. Disappointed with Ruzicka too, but i hope he will regress. Maybe they will trade him somewhere.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Nice start to season for Pospisil with 8 points in 4 games. Okuliar is a ppg player with 5 + 5 in 10 games in Qmjhl. Hrehoracak with 8 goals in 10 games. Roman only has 9 points in 11 but he has never been much of a big scorer, better 2 way player

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Updates on N.A players
Ruzicka: started to pick it up in last few games, 6 pts in last 3. Another stat, he is rather dominant in face offs, maybe one of the best in OHL
M. Roman: seems like he is involved in most of his teams goals, points aren’t profound but he is more skilled 2 way
Kukuca: 15 pts in 13 games, he has adjusted very well to North American game.
Turan: Started off hot, but has cooled off considerably in offensive numbers but he is just 17 so I don’t expect big points, that will come in year or 2.
Okuliar: 12 pts in 16 games, don’t know much
Hrehorcak: Streaky scorer, goes invisible for stretches than blows up where he seems to score every one of his teams goals for 2-3 straight games
Cajkovic: facing side effects of playing on absolutely horrible SJ team. Other top prospects play on bad teams as well but still play usually on good first line (ex. dellandrea)
Kovacik: don’t know much either but he started off hot and has just fallen of rails in terms of scoring.
Pospisil: Absolutely dominant in ushl, leading league in scoring. His big body, toughness and skill is really showing. Maybe he can transfer some aggressiveness to Ruzicka.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Ruzicka: started to pick it up in last few games, 6 pts in last 3. Another stat, he is rather dominant in face offs, maybe one of the best in OHL

Very bad no-goal streak: already 12 games long!

Another ones:

Adam Stacho, 1999: solid 13 points in 12 games in NAHL. But this isnt enough for WJC. Competition is hard this time.
Samuel Vyletelka, 2000: He has a solid numbers in NAHL (90,79 %). But he is only number 2 in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights. No chance to this year WJC team, but could have some perspective next year.

Marek Korencik, 1999, Defense: He was there last year, so maybe he can make it also this year. 8 points in 17 games in SuperElit.
Cederle, Regenda, Demo, Vitalos, Mrazik and Jellus could be considered from SuperElit. But as said before, there is strong competition this season. Vitalos, Mrazik and Jellus could go next season.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
What’s up with milos Kelemen? I had heard he was going to play with Slovan this year but says he hasn’t played a game for them all season. Injured? Scratched? He’s a 99 who should be competing for a wjc spot so why is he not playing?

james12

Mar 31, 2018
What’s up with milos Kelemen? I had heard he was going to play with Slovan this year but says he hasn’t played a game for them all season. Injured? Scratched? He’s a 99 who should be competing for a wjc spot so why is he not playing?

He had long-term injury, but he's about to play soon. Hoping that he'll make the team for WJC.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Petrovsky not progressing? He is only 15 pts in 12 games in Czech u16 league. And yes yes maybe reading too much into it but he’s being passed by lots of other 2004 borns and even 2005 borns. Last year he was leading in 2004 class

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I heard today in talks with older friend that Paul Stastny played in “unofficial” U18 tournament with Slovakia. Is this true? Also heard that there was interest he would play for SR-18 at IIHF U18s but because of weird IIHF regulations he could not play. Truth to this?

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I heard today in talks with older friend that Paul Stastny played in “unofficial” U18 tournament with Slovakia. Is this true? Also heard that there was interest he would play for SR-18 at IIHF U18s but because of weird IIHF regulations he could not play. Truth to this?
Yes, that is true.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Who is this younger Paul Statsny, there's actually a player from Slovakia with the exact same name as the American player?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

Yeah, it was in August 2002, World Juniors Cup. What is now known as Hlinka Memorial Cup.

He played 5 games, was 3+1. As a 16 years old boy.

Only goal in loss vs Canada (1:9), assist in group game vs Finland and 2 goals (+ GWG) in game for 7th place vs Finland (3:1).

I can imagine, that there were steps done that he could play also in WJC U 18. His father had very strong position Slovak Ice-Hockey that time. He wanted his sons to be included. But they dindt make it.

james12

Mar 31, 2018
In terms of the offensive core, there's lack of world class players and just a few of them have NHL upside. Even though I think it's gonna be improving throughout the years because we still are able to "produce'' great talents. I'm uploading list of about 10 players with short analysis of mine. I absolutely omit upside prediction for players born in 2004 since I'm not a prophet xD.

01:

Maxim Čajkovič - solid explosive skater, powerful shooting. He should work on defensive aspects even though his defensive play at HGC was adequate.

Simon Jellus - tall center, great iq, passing, I consider him as ideal linemate since he supports both offense and defense. Physical play should be improved as well as power skating. He reminded me of David Krejci.

Other guys from 01 year class who are worth of mentioning:

Michal Mrázik
Dominik Jendek

-both are physically on a top level, ideal players for bottom six, both have great tenacity.

02:

Martin Chromiak - I had small column about him in his thread. Up now I saw him about 5 times so I can confirm my first thoughts. Special player. Top 50 in 2020 NHL Entry Draft.

There's one interesting player named Oleksii Myklukha. I haven't seen him yet but I have heard lots of praises about his attitude and play so I'm looking forward to see him in action.

03 class is offensively quite dreadful. Libor Nemec, Marcel Štefančík are one of the best I've seen but I'm unable to analyse them.

04 class is allegedly the best since 99 class. Many players born in 2004 already play in u18 league and some of them have PPG. What's more, other talented guys are already abroad (Czech Republic, Finland, Sweden).

Players that I've seen and been interested by:

Juraj Slafkovský
Servác Petrovský
Alex Šotek
Markus Suchý
Filip Mešár

Assuming their age I ain't talk about draft eligibility although they're supertalented (within conditions in youth hockey of Slovakia). First two are perfectly physically developed. Dynamic players, solid powerskating.

The rest trio plays in the same team. Those are seemingly the best forwards born in 04 playing in u18 Slovak league for now. Gotta keep an eye on them.

Last edited:

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
In terms of the offensive core, there's lack of world class players and just a few of them have NHL upside. Even though I think it's gonna be improving throughout the years because we still are able to "produce'' great talents. I'm uploading list of about 10 players with short analysis of mine. I absolutely omit upside prediction for players born in 2004 since I'm not a prophet xD.

01:

Maxim Čajkovič - solid explosive skater, powerful shooting. He should work on defensive aspects even though his defensive play at HGC was adequate.

Simon Jellus - tall center, great iq, passing, I consider him as ideal linemate since he supports both offense and defense. Physical play should be improved as well as power skating. He reminded me of David Krejci.

Other guys from 01 year class who are worth of mentioning:

Michal Mrázik
Dominik Jendek

-both are physically on a top level, ideal players for bottom six, both have great tenacity.

02:

Martin Chromiak - I had small column about him in his thread. Up now I saw him about 5 times so I can confirm my first thoughts. Special player. Top 50 in 2020 NHL Entry Draft.

There's one interesting player named Oleksii Myklukha. I haven't seen him yet but I have heard lots of praises about his attitude and play so I'm looking forward to see him in action.

03 class is offensively quite dreadful. Libor Nemec, Marcel Štefančík are one of the best I've seen but I'm unable to analyse them.

04 class is allegedly the best since 99 class. Many players born in 2004 already play in u18 league and some of them have PPG. What's more other talented guys are already abroad (Czech Republic, Finland, Sweden).

Players that I've seen and been interested by:

Juraj Slafkovský
Servác Petrovský
Alex Šotek
Markus Suchý
Filip Mešár

Assuming their age I ain't talk about draft eligibility although they're supertalented (within conditions in youth hockey of Slovakia). First two are perfectly physically developed. Dynamic players, solid powerskating.

The rest trio plays in the same team. Those are seemingly the best forwards born in 04 playing in u18 Slovak league for now. Gotta keep on eye on them.
The 05 class is looking pretty good as well, with players such as Frantisek Ridzon, Viliam Kurila, Daniel Jencko, Ondrej Molnar, and Dalibor Dvorsky. Also add Rastislav Elias to the 04 list, he is really good.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
If someone is interested here are videos of the games from last week's U15 regional tourney where many of the 2004 players mentioned here appear:

Central Slovakia vs. Western Slovakia

Eastern Slovakia vs. Central Slovakia

Western Slovakia vs. Eastern Slovakia

With the Central Slovakia team being much weaker than the other two teams, the last game is probably the most interesting to watch.

You can check player numbers here:
Central Slovakia: Súťaže a štatistiky | Turnaj regionálnych reprezentačných výberov | SR 15 Stred | HockeySlovakia.sk - oficiálny web slovenského hokeja
Eastern Slovakia: Súťaže a štatistiky | Turnaj regionálnych reprezentačných výberov | SR 15 Východ | HockeySlovakia.sk - oficiálny web slovenského hokeja
Western Slovakia: Súťaže a štatistiky | Turnaj regionálnych reprezentačných výberov | SR 15 Východ | HockeySlovakia.sk - oficiálny web slovenského hokeja

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Rosters for the end of December international tourneys have been released:

u18 team in Switzerland

Dec 26th Czech republic - Slovakia
Dec 27th Slovakia - Finland
Dec 29th Slovakia - Germany
Dec 30th Switzerland - Slovakia

Dávid Borák 24. 04. 2001 MHKM Skalica
Patrik Kozel 20. 03. 2001 Sport Vaasa (Fínsko)

Dávid Mudrák 13. 02. 2001 HKm Zvolen
Matúš Lukáš Lavička 12. 04. 2001 MHA Martin
Richard Hodorovič 15. 05. 2001 HK ŠKP Poprad
Matej Hlaváč 11. 07. 2001 HC Olomouc (ČR)
Michal Beňo 15. 11. 2001 JYP Jyväskylä (Fínsko)
Samuel Kňažko 07. 08. 2002 TPS Turku (Fínsko)
Matej Ilenčík 26. 07. 2001 Södertälje SK (Švéd.)
Viktor Hatina 15. 11. 2001 Culver Military Academy Prep (USA)

Matej Honeček 10. 03. 2001 HK DUKLA Trenčín
Jozef Haščák 07. 08. 2001 HK DUKLA Trenčín
Samuel Krajč 06. 02. 2002 HK Dukla TN / MHK Dubnica n. V.
Martin Chromiak 20. 08. 2002 HK Dukla Trenčín
Alex František Kupka 13. 12. 2001 HC Slovan Bratislava
Dominik Sojka 16. 02. 2001 HC '05 Banská Bystrica
Adrián Valigura 02. 03. 2001 HK ŠKP Poprad
Oleksii Myklukha 25. 11. 2002 EC Red Bull Salzburg (Rak.)
Martin Volko 19. 07. 2001 Nyköpings Hockey (Švéd.)
Simon Jellúš 18. 01. 2001 Lulea Hockey (Švéd.)
Michal Mrázik 30. 07. 2007 Rogle BK (Švéd.)
Artur Turanský 12. 07. 2001 Selects Hockey Academy (USA)

U16 team tourney in Germany

Dec 28th Switzerland - Slovakia
Dec 29th Germany - Slovakia
Dec 30th Slovakia - Finland

Patrik Andrisík 19. 02. 2003 Tappara Tampere (Fín.)
Rastislav Eliaš 18. 04. 2004 HC Košice
Matěj Eliaš 27. 08. 2003 HC '05 Banská Bystrica
Jakub Krnáč 09. 04. 2003 HC '05 Banská Bystrica
Ján Kocúr 26. 05. 2003 MsHKM Žilina
Maroš Mešár 26. 07. 2003 HK ŠKP Poprad
Šimon Miklovič 21. 03. 2003 HK DUKLA Trenčín
Šimon Nemec 15. 02. 2004 HT MHK 32 Liptovský Mikuláš
Samuel Socha 22. 05. 2003 MMHK Nitra
Róbert Bačo 05. 02. 2003 SKLH Žďár nad Sázavou (ČR)
Maximilián Braun 14. 05. 2003 EC Red Bulls Salzburg (Rak.)
Maximilián Bubica 02. 03. 2003 HC SLOVAN Bratislava
Alex Géci 28. 03. 2003 HC SLOVAN Bratislava
Libor Nemec 03. 09. 2003 Tinsgryds AIF (Švéd.)
Antonio Ožvald 22. 06. 2003 HC Slovan Bratislava
Juraj Slafkovský 30. 03. 2004 EC Red Bulls Salzburg (Rak.)
Oliver Stümpel 20. 10. 2003 MMHK Nitra
Patrik Sokoli 25. 09. 2003 HK ŠKP Poprad
Marek Šramaty 09. 02. 2003 MMHK Nitra
Marcel Štefančík 18. 02. 2003 Piráti Chomutov (ČR)
Matúš Ulbricht 07. 07. 2003 MHA Martin
Patrik Živický 26. 12. 2003 HC '05 Banská Bystrica

u15 team in Poprad

Dec 27th Poprad - Slovakia
Dec 27th Poland - Slovakia
Dec 28th Austria - Slovakia
Dec 29th HK Dmitrov - Slovakia

Patrik Jurčák 10. 02. 2004 HC Košice/MŠKM Trebišov
Ján Korec 28. 09. 2004 HOBA Bratislava
Matej Vereš 15. 01. 2004 HK DUKLA Trenčín
Michal Hruška 12. 03. 2004 HK DUKLA Trenčín/MHK Dubnica n/Váh
Jozef Viliam Kmec 02. 01. 2004 HC Košice
Luca Krakovský 18. 06. 2004 HC SLOVAN Bratislava/HOBA Bratislava
Adam Kremnický 12. 05. 2004 HC AZ Havířov (ČR)
Marián Moško 11. 05. 2004 HK DUKLA Trenčín
Dávid Nátny 14. 03. 2004 MHA Martin
Lukáš Pánik 31. 08. 2004 MMHK Nitra
Richard Patzelt 01. 01. 2004 HC SLOVAN Bratislava/HOBA Bratislava
Sebastián Štekláč 28. 02. 2004 HK Mládež Michalovce
Boris Žabka 20. 05. 2004 BK Mladá Boleslav (ČR)
Alex René Bartakovics 01. 06. 2004 MŠHK – mládež Prievidza
Patrik Gabriel 07. 01. 2004 HK Gladiators Trnava
Matej Grega 25. 02. 2004 MHA Martin
Michal Hazucha 07. 06. 2004 MMHK Nitra
Adam Kurty 09. 03. 2004 EHC Lions (Rak.)
Martin Lachkovič 03. 10. 2004 HC SLOVAN Bratislava-mládež
Filip Mešár 03. 01. 2004 HK ŠKP Poprad
Adam Ondriš 07. 07. 2004 HC SLOVAN Bratislava-mládež
Servác Petrovský 10. 08. 2004 HC Oceláři Třinec (ČR)
Peter Repčík 09. 01. 2004 HC Košice / MŠKM Trebišov
Markus Suchý 13. 04. 2004 HK ŠKP Poprad
Adam Sýkora 07. 09. 2004 MMHK Nitra
Alex Šotek 09. 02. 2004 HK ŠKP Poprad
Ivan Thomka 11. 03. 2004 MHA Martin
Adam Žlnka 28. 02. 2004 HK ŠKP Poprad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad