Slovakia: Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
Peter Cehlárik (1995 class) with hattrick in the first game of 1/8final series in J20 SuperElit.

Just to note: He was the youngest player out of his team (Luleå) and just 14 days older than the youngest player from Rögle, which was their opponent. And another interesting fact - He should have not played that game. At least, he didn't expect that since he was ill and he didn't practise.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Now Richard Panik is absolutely en fuego. Panik is 4+2 in his last 3 GP, and 5+6 in 7 GP this month. His Norfolk Admirals have put together 17 consecutive wins, they will try and set the AHL record on Sunday. The number one goalie for Norfolk during this streak? Jaroslav Janus who has started 8 of the last 12 games. Tokarski is up with the Tampa Lightning.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Now Richard Panik is absolutely en fuego. Panik is 4+2 in his last 3 GP, and 5+6 in 7 GP this month. His Norfolk Admirals have put together 17 consecutive wins, they will try and set the AHL record on Sunday. The number one goalie for Norfolk during this streak? Jaroslav Janus who has started 8 of the last 12 games. Tokarski is up with the Tampa Lightning.

Janus set a new Admirals record - 9 wins in a row

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Wow, stunning. Janus pitches a shutout, Riso Panik 1+2, Norfolk has broken the record for most consecutive wins. Way to go boys! Both have earned call-ups to the NHL in my opinion.:)

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
I'm really happy for Pánik and Janus :handclap:

Anyway what do you think? How the chart of TOP 10 drafted prospects from Slovakia looks like now?

My choices:
1. Pánik
2. Tatar
3. Jurčo
4. Marinčin
5. Gernát
6. Tvrdoň
7. Janus
8. Viedenský
9. JánošÃ­k
10. Čerešňák

What about non-drafted (18 and more, U23) players?

IMO:
1. Šťastný Andrej
2. Vandas
3. Bakoš
4. Štajnoch
5. Tybor
6. Lapšanský
7. Hudáček Libor
8. Gašparovič
9. Sýkora
10. Hrivík

HM: Galamboš, Čajkovský, Mráz, Chovan, Deyl, Hraško, Kudrna

Your proposal?

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I'm really happy for Pánik and Janus :handclap:

Anyway what do you think? How the chart of TOP 10 drafted prospects from Slovakia looks like now?

My choices:
1. Pánik
2. Tatar
3. Jurčo
4. Marinčin
5. Gernát
6. Tvrdoň
7. Janus
8. Viedenský
9. Jánošík
10. ČereÅ¡ňák

What about non-drafted (18 and more, U23) players?

IMO:
1. Å ťastný Andrej
2. Vandas
3. Bakoš
4. Å tajnoch
5. Tybor
6. Lapšanský
7. Hudáček Libor
8. GaÅ¡parovič
9. Sýkora
10. Hrivík

HM: GalamboÅ¡, Čajkovský, Mráz, Chovan, Deyl, HraÅ¡ko, Kudrna

Your proposal?

we have so few top talents, that there is no reason to agree with your list. :)
But you forgot Julius Hudacek in the second list. He is my numero uno.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
we have so few top talents, that there is no reason to agree with your list. :)
But you forgot Julius Hudacek in the second list. He is my numero uno.

Yeah I agree Július Hudáček is a top talent, but my chart was U23 and he's already 23 years old. Anyway I hope he will be member of Slovak NT at the WC in Finland and Sweden.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
The Norfolk streak continues, Panik was 0+1 last night. Tokarski is back in the AHL and got the win. For the month Riso Panik is now in 10 GP, 6+10/+6. He now appears in the AHL rookie scoring race, where he is 15th. He is younger than every player in front of him except for Casey Cizikas.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
and how will look your list of U 18 prospects?

You know I have watched a fair amount of hockey from Slovak Extraliga, Czech Extraliga, KHL and NHL this season. I watched even some games from AHL and Eliteserien. To be honest I haven't seen much Slovak Juniors U18 live. Except of Marko Daňo of course.

I think DrPabloRamirez and slovakiasnextone can help us ;)

It's hard to compare e.g. 15 years old and 17 years old players. Anyway I try:

1. Martin Reway
2. Marko Daňo
3. Patrik Koyš
4. Matej Paulovič
5. Peter Cehlárik
6. Juraj Šiška
7. Tomáš Torok
8. Adrián Sloboda
9. Martin Boboš
10. Patrik Luža

HM: Milan Kolena, Daniel Rzávsky, Richard Búri, Jakub Predajnianský, Róbert Varga... :huh:

Probably I forgot somebody.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
You know I have watched a fair amount of hockey from Slovak Extraliga, Czech Extraliga, KHL and NHL this season. I watched even some games from AHL and Eliteserien. To be honest I haven't seen much Slovak Juniors U18 live. Except of Marko Daňo of course.

1. Martin Reway
2. Marko Daňo
3. Patrik Koyš
4. Matej Paulovič
5. Peter Cehlárik
6. Juraj Šiška
7. Tomáš Torok
8. Adrián Sloboda
9. Martin Boboš
10. Patrik Luža

HM: Milan Kolena, Daniel Rzávsky, Richard Búri, Jakub Predajnianský, Róbert Varga... :huh:

Nice list. maybe some too high or too low, but thats not so important. I will also put here some names, that could be interesting -

Michal Fakraš
Gilbert Gabor
Martin KečkeÅ¡ (18 years old)
Michal Krištof (18 years old)
Tomáš Németh
Róbert Lantoši
Ján Zlocha
Adrián Holešinský
Peter Valent (1997)

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
I should not do this and join this discussion, but I can't help myself.

1. Martin Reway
2. Marko Daňo
3. Patrik Koyš
4. Matej Paulovič
5. Peter Cehlárik
6. Juraj Šiška
7. Tomáš Torok
8. Adrián Sloboda
9. Martin Boboš
10. Patrik Luža

Luža should not be listed in Top 10. Buri & Predajnianský are better. Valjent probably too... Kečkeš is interesting case. He didn't play good at Vlado Dzurilla tournament and that was the only opportunity to see him for me.

alko: I really like that you point Lantoši and Holešinský. They're pretty good, but still there are few players who are better than Lantoši out of 1995 class and Holešinský out of 1996 class, and they have not been mentioned yet.

Definitely Rehák should be mentonied. I would put him ahead of Török. Timotej Šille and Kristián Horvát (+ Lantoši) were allegedly the only bright sights at U17 tournament in Füssen in February. Especially Šille is great player. But I can't help myself, whenever I see him, it seems to me that he's playing on 50 per cent :). But well, that's his playing style.

Out of 1996 class, really don't understand why you pointed just Holešinský. Yeah, he's good, but I would never put him ahead of Halama, Briestenský or Haščič... Interesting fact is that in Füssen (U17 tournament) were two players from 1996 (I don't count Sloboda, who is stable part of U17 NT) class and both were from Banská Bystrica - Samuel Ivanič and Filip Adamčík.

Both are good, no doubt, but simultaneously both are not the best players from 1996 class. Except Sloboda, I don't see that any 1996 D-man could in U17 NT. In offense is situation little bit different, I could imagine few 1996 forwards in U17 NT but Adamčík is not among them. Except Haščič, Briestenský and Halama I have to mention "Prešov" line: Ferenc - Krajňák - Milý.

About 1997s... I don't know them well, but Bondra and Černák from Košice could be interesting to watch.

Last edited:

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Here is the Slovak WJCU18 Div1A roster, with 5 skaters to still be cut.

Goaltenders: Richard Sabol (HC '05 Banská Bystrica), Patrik Romančík (HK 36 Skalica), Denis Godla (HK Spišská Nová Ves)

Defenceman: Jakub Predajnianský (HC '05 Banská Bystrica), Patrik Luža, Michal Valjent (all HC Slovan Bratislava), Tomáš Rusina (MHC Mountfield Martin), Richard Buri (HC Nitra), Ľubomír Dinda (HK ŠKP Poprad), Peter Šohajda (HK 36 Skalica), Denis Šimek (HK Trnava), Martin Chrkavý (HC Topoľčany), Martin Kečkeš (MHK Dubnica n. Váhom)

Forwards: Mário Lunter, Eduard Šimun (all HC '05 Banská Bystrica), Stanislav Horanský, Tomáš Paleček, Dominik Rehák (all MsHK Žilina), Marko Daňo, Patrik Koyš, Ján Blaško (HK Dukla Trenčín), Milan Kolena (MHC Mountfield Martin), Daniel Rzavský (HC Nitra), Dávid Gríger (HK ŠKP Poprad), Denis Šimurka (HK Trnava), Dávid Šoltés (HC Košice), Martin Reway (HC Sparta Praha /ČR), Matej Paulovič (Färjestad BK/Švéd.).

Taxi Squad: Juraj Šiška (Nitra), Peter Hrehorčák (Poprad), Filip Mančák (Zvolen), Adrián Sloboda (Skalica), Marek Pacalaj (Martin), Michal Dovina (Trenčín).

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009

1. Martin Reway
2. Marko Daňo
3. Patrik Koyš
4. Matej Paulovič
5. Peter Cehlárik
6. Juraj Šiška
7. Tomáš Torok
8. Adrián Sloboda
9. Martin Boboš
10. Patrik Luža

Rehak and Soltes in, Luza out, never seen Cehlarik.
Bobos and Sloboda are top 5 for sure
I´m not fan of Koys, Siska and even Paulovic.
Buri could be in too.
Never seen 96 and younger players outside of Sloboda and Siska yet.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Rehak and Soltes in, Luza out, never seen Cehlarik.
Bobos and Sloboda are top 5 for sure
I´m not fan of Koys, Siska and even Paulovic.
Buri could be in too.
Never seen 96 and younger players outside of Sloboda and Siska yet.

Are they really that good? IMO it would mean, both of them are something like the next Martin Gernát.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Are they really that good? IMO it would mean, both of them are something like the next Martin Gernát.

Have limited view on them both so far but I have really liked Sloboda and Bobos has nice upside, there is more than his great size.
Personally I think that Paulovic, Koys and Siska are overrated, I have actually heard that there are better prospects among 96´forwards than Siska.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
SR U18 defeated SR U20 by a score of 4-2. SR U18 goals were scored by Gríger (2), Hrehorčák and Paleček. In preparation for the upcoming WJCU18Div1A championships that they are hosting, the team faces Belarus twice over the weekend.

89077.jpg

Last edited:

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Another win for Norfolk, that makes a record breaking 24 for the Admirals. Janus stopped 27 of 28 shots. Riso Panik was 0+0/+2. It is too bad Tampa never called any of these players up, perhaps it would have helped them not stink so badly.

3.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad