Slovakia: Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

DrPabloRamirez

Nov 23, 2010
I've got this nomination for the new team in Púchov from a comment on hokejportal, so it's not official. The article is an interview with Bokroš about the U20 team.

Goalis: Patrik Romančík (HK 36 Skalica), Richard Sabol (HC '05 Banská Bystrica)
Defenceman: Michal Valjent, Patrik Luža (obaja HC Slovan Bratislava), Richard Buri (HC Nitra), Martin Chrkavý (HC Topoľčany), Jakub Predajnianský (HC '05 Banská Bystrica), Tomáš Rusina (MHC Martin), Denis Å imek (HK Trnava), Peter Å ohajda (HK 36 Skalica)
Forwards: Ján BlaÅ¡ko, Marko Daňo, Patrik KoyÅ¡ (vÅ¡etci Dukla Trenčín), Ľubomír Dinda, David Gríger, Andreas Å trauch (vÅ¡etci HK Å KP Poprad), Stanislav Horanský, Dominik Rehák (obaja MsHK Žilina), Mário Lunter, Eduard Å imun (obaja HC '05 Banská Bystrica), Milan Kolena (MHC Martin), Martin Réway (HC Sparta Praha/ČR), Dávid Å oltés (HC KoÅ¡ice), Tomáš Török (HKm Zvolen)
http://www.slovakprospects.com/repr...k/118-hk-orange-20-na-januar-s-novou-zostavou

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
There are, definitely, some changes. I've heard that Poprad didn't want to to let their players, I've heard that Török is missing, Šimurka is in, for sure...

Šimurka's brother also told me that yesterday there were 15 players in Púchov (yesterday was the first day of camp), I will try to get some new information soon.

UPDATE: Patrik Luža, Romančík are another piece which are missing. Instead of Romančík, there is Michal Dovina. Bokroš is trying to persuade teams to send thier player to Púchov, though.

Last edited:

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Central Scouting released Midterm Rankings:

European Skaters Midterm Rankings:
67 MRAZ, RICHARD LEV POPRAD 2 RUSSIA-JR. 6' 2.0" 194 RW
73 LUZA, PATRIK BRATISLAVA JR. SLOVAKIA-JR. 6' 1.0" 194 D
124 SALAK, JAN BRATISLAVA JR. SLOVAKIA-JR. 6' 2.0" 213 RW
130 BURI, RICHARD NITRA JR. SLOVAKIA-JR. 6' 3.0" 192 D

European Goalies Midterm Rankings:
8 SABOL, RICHARD B. BYSTRICA JR. SLOVAKIA-JR. 5' 11.0" 185

I didn't find Vaško or Rzavský... I hope Mráz, Luža and Sabol will all be drafted. :help:

BTW I don't understand why Poprad and other teams don't want to release their players for U20 Orange team :help:

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
I suppose that it's because Poprad's U18 team sucks. They have to avoid relegation in U18 Extraleague and those 1994 born players should be a certainty that they won't relegate. Without those players, Poprad has many problems with the weakest teams in U18 Extraleague.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Central Scouting released Midterm Rankings:

European Skaters Midterm Rankings:
67 MRAZ, RICHARD LEV POPRAD 2 RUSSIA-JR. 6' 2.0" 194 RW
73 LUZA, PATRIK BRATISLAVA JR. SLOVAKIA-JR. 6' 1.0" 194 D
124 SALAK, JAN BRATISLAVA JR. SLOVAKIA-JR. 6' 2.0" 213 RW
130 BURI, RICHARD NITRA JR. SLOVAKIA-JR. 6' 3.0" 192 D

European Goalies Midterm Rankings:
8 SABOL, RICHARD B. BYSTRICA JR. SLOVAKIA-JR. 5' 11.0" 185

I didn't find Vaško or Rzavský... I hope Mráz, Luža and Sabol will all be drafted. :help:

BTW I don't understand why Poprad and other teams don't want to release their players for U20 Orange team :help:

Luza definitely won´t be drafted, Sabol is real long shot. Richard Buri has slightly better chance than Luza but it still would be very surprising to hear his name in June in Pittsburgh. Mraz could be late pick though, interesting player.
I actually understand Poprad and other teams...

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I agree with czechexpert, it´s not hard to see why teams that are fighting to stay in the U18 Extraliga or are trying to get play-off spots in the junior leagues wouldn´t want to release their players.

As for the draft, it will be hardly a surprise if no Slovak is drafted at all, but I think we all have known this for a while now...

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
I was checking some stats earlier, and I saw that Tomáš Török has only played 2 games with Zvolen18 and 11 with Zvolen20.

What's the reason for him playing so little games?

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Quite a night for the 2009 WJCU20 crew. Richard Panik 0+1/+2, first star of the game in Norfolk's 4-3 win over Connecticut. The shootout to decide the game went 9 rounds until Richard Panik scored the winner in the 10th. Jaroslav Janus stopped 9 out of 10 in the shootout, and 25 of 26 shots in relief of starter Dustin Tokarski.

Tomas Tatar 1+1/+2 was named first star in Grand Rapids' 4-3 loss to Rochester. It is rumoured that Detroit has offered Anaheim Gustav Nyquist, Tomas Tatar, and a first round draft choice for Bobby Ryan.

Marek Viedensky 1+1/+1 was named second star in Worchester's 3-2 win over Providence. In the second period Marek rushed towards the net, and as he passed the net on the LW, he reached around the front and slid the puck past the Providence goaltender.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Quite a night for the 2009 WJCU20 crew. Richard Panik 0+1/+2, first star of the game in Norfolk's 4-3 win over Connecticut. The shootout to decide the game went 9 rounds until Richard Panik scored the winner in the 10th. Jaroslav Janus stopped 9 out of 10 in the shootout, and 25 of 26 shots in relief of starter Dustin Tokarski.

Tomas Tatar 1+1/+2 was named first star in Grand Rapids' 4-3 loss to Rochester. It is rumoured that Detroit has offered Anaheim Gustav Nyquist, Tomas Tatar, and a first round draft choice for Bobby Ryan.

Marek Viedensky 1+1/+1 was named second star in Worchester's 3-2 win over Providence. In the second period Marek rushed towards the net, and as he passed the net on the LW, he reached around the front and slid the puck past the Providence goaltender.

Good. Though is that really true about DET offering both Tatar and Nyquist, whoa, I wouldn´t expect that, I could see them offering one of them, but both? I mean I know that the Wings currently have a lot of promising forward prospects, but I was under the impression that Nyquist and Tatar were the ones the closest to making the NHL full time...

Also a good night for some of the 2012 WJC crew as Martin Gernát gets 2 a (who now has 7pts in his last 4 games), 3 pts for 2 g and 1a for Jurčo for whom it was only the 3rd game back since the WJC and 3 a for Marek Tcrdoň (who has points in all games he has played since WJC (11pts in 7 games).

Also this week there´s been a two day monitoring camp in Žilina for players born 94,95 and 96 aimed at discovering new players for the junior NTs, players were selected by the league coaches. it mainly included players who already were parts of the U16/17/18 teams already, but I guess it gave some of the others kids a chance to show themselves in comparison with them. The camp included all the junior NTs coaches.

The roster for the camp:
Michal Fabián, Marko Hrnčírik, Kristián FerleťÃ¡k, Daniel PieÅ¡, Matej Smolka, Denis Brnčál (vÅ¡etci MHC Martin), Daniel Rzavský, Leonard Å inkovič, Jozef Klenko, Lukáš König, David König, David Gál, Lukáš Tábi, Marcel Å uba, Juraj Å iÅ¡ka (vÅ¡etci HC Nitra), Daniel Gahulinec, Ján Zlocha, Patrik Ligas, Lukáš Dubeň, Juraj Lagin, Jakub Rufati (vÅ¡etci HK 95 Považská Bystrica), MaroÅ¡ Mikoláš, Michal Solar, Milan Dolinajec, Adrián HoleÅ¡inský, Róbert LantoÅ¡i (vÅ¡etci MsHK Žilina), Alexander Kleineder, Milan Duda, Lukáš Hrušík, Jozef Huňa, Mislav Rosandič (vÅ¡etci Mhk Dubnica nad Váhom), Adrián Sloboda, Roman Kadlečík, Denis Babiar, Tomotej Å ille, Martin PleÅ¡a, Filip Kotvan (vÅ¡etci HK 36 Skalica), Adam Tahotný, Maximilián Pajpach, Matej Paločko, Samuel Pavličko (vÅ¡etci HK Å KP Poprad), Christián Pavlas, Patrik Maier, Patrik Bačík, Tomáš Gula, Marco Halama (vÅ¡etci HC Slovan Bratislava), Samuel Ivanič, Matej Vais, Mário Ramaj, Martin Ambróz, David Prigant (vÅ¡etci HC ´05 Banská Bystrica), Matúš HraÅ¡ko, Matej Koch, Ivan Jakubík, Jakub Žilka, Ľubor Balko (vÅ¡etci HKM Zvolen), Ervín Halász, Dávid Okoličány, Martin BoboÅ¡, Dalibor Mikula (vÅ¡etci HC KoÅ¡ice), Å imon Szalva, Martin Kukan, Ladislav Klíma, Ivan Černý (vÅ¡etci HK 91 Senica), Peter Plánovský, Róbert Varga, Július Achs (vÅ¡etci HK Trnava), Nino Ondris, Marco Hochel, Peter Kuzma (vÅ¡etci HK Dukla Trenčín), Stanislav Tomko, Kristián Horvát (obaja P.H.K PreÅ¡ov), Pavol Skalický, Lukáš Hamrák (obaja HK SpiÅ¡ská Nová Ves), Juraj Hallo, Dominik LaÅ¡so (obaja HC Topoľčany), David Lohyňa, Martin Blaho (obaja HK Ružinov ´99 Bratislava), Andrej LiÅ¡tiak (MHk 32 Liptovský Mikuláš), Martin Kubo (Å HK 37 PieÅ¡ťany).
Realizačný tím: Andrej Schöber (manažér), Ernest BokroÅ¡, Miroslav MikloÅ¡ovič, JerguÅ¡ Bača, Milan Hovorka, Juraj Chabada, Martin Hrnčár, Pavol Rybár, Jozef Pethö, Vladimír Å ťastný, Branislav Å ajban, Ján Valúch, Ján Å imčík, Pavol Marek (tréneri), Miroslav Harvančík (masér).

The U18 team has already played 3 of the games against 1.liga teams and even managed to get their first point against Senica.

Bardejov- HK Orange 20 7-3
Kolena (Daňo, Buri), Horanský (KoyÅ¡), KoyÅ¡ (Buri)

Prešov- HK Orange 20 6-3
Gríger (Å imurka), Å imurka (Daňo), Å imurka (Gríger, Daňo)

Senica- HK Orange 20 4-3 OT
Horanský, Šoltés (Rehák, Koyš), Gríger (Dinda, Šimurka)

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Good. Though is that really true about DET offering both Tatar and Nyquist, whoa, I wouldn´t expect that, I could see them offering one of them, but both? I mean I know that the Wings currently have a lot of promising forward prospects, but I was under the impression that Nyquist and Tatar were the ones the closest to making the NHL full time...

I think that could be a good offer. Yeah, as aou said, Tatar and Nyquist are closest to NHL from Detroit prospect pool, but Bobby Ryan IS already a proven scoring forward. And in Anaheim, they want to rebuild their team. So there will be much more room for this 2 guys.
And wouldnt be surprised, if Red Wing will also Visnovsky...

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I think that could be a good offer. Yeah, as aou said, Tatar and Nyquist are closest to NHL from Detroit prospect pool, but Bobby Ryan IS already a proven scoring forward. And in Anaheim, they want to rebuild their team. So there will be much more room for this 2 guys.
And wouldnt be surprised, if Red Wing will also Visnovsky...

If that was offered it will likely be rejected by Anaheim. They said they want established players coming back and they don't want picks. They aren't looking to rebuild, just retool.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Looks like the U18s started well at the Vlado Dzurilla with a 5-2 win over Germany. Reway 1+2, and 15-year-old Juraj Siska with a goal. Koys has not yet been added to the roster so he didn't play.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Another win for the U18ers today at the Vlado Dzurilla tournament. Reway was 2+1, and Dano was 1+0. I don't know about the defence, but I think that might be a very nice crop of forwards with Siska, Koys, Dano, and Reway. Add to that Torok, he is perhaps injured?

Anyhow, they will play USA U17 for first place in the tournament.

Last edited:

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Hmmm, they are getting it handed to them in the final versus USAU17. 4-0 after one. Good decision by the coach not to play Koys.:)

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
8-3 final for USAU17. I believe Dano and Paulovic had goals I think.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Torok was member of the Orange U20 team three weeks ago, Bokros simply didn´t pick him to the tournament squad. I guess he isn´t injured.

I'm probably not qualified to say this but if that is true it seems like a very strange decision to me. His size alone makes him worth a spot, let alone his ability. And surely if he wasn't selected for this team he should have been with the U17s in Fussen.

DrPabloRamirez

Nov 23, 2010
U17 team in Fussen was without some regular Team SVK ´95-born players (except 6 forwards with ´94 team in Piestany) like goalie Godla, defenders Bobos, Pavlicek, Kasanicky, Holenda, forwards Cehlarik, Torok. There are still other talented guys like Okolicany, Koch, Dauda, Szalay, Zilka, ... Everything what they need is good coach for the next year (Team CZE ´95 coach Bukac junior would be able to make some noise with these bunch of players) and of course promotion of ´94 team to the top division of U18 WJC. I know it´s only theory (and I have see some players long time ago), but ideal SVK ´95 squad could looks like:
Godla, Mikolas (Halo) - Pavlicek, Holenda, Bobos, Talan, Kasanicky, Duben, Sloboda (96), Achs - Reway, Siska (96), Paulovic, Koys, Rehak, Soltes, Cehlarik, Lantosi, Torok, Petras, Sille, Varga. Compare this squad with teams in Calgary and Fussen, IMO coach Miklosovic wanted to see more players in action. Slovakia entered this february U17 tournament in Fussen with "B-team" last season too. Maybe tradition.

Last edited:

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
It was an intention to play without guys playing out of Slovak borders. Just Talan is playing in Zlín.

Also, they wanted to try some players from that mid-january camp in Žilina, where were few players who have never been in NT, yet.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Richard Panik seems to have benefited from the departure of Carter Ashton from Norfolk. Perhaps more PT, or even more time on special teams. Riso is 1+4 in 3 games this month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->