Slovakia: Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
So, does anyone have a scouting report on Patrik Koys? Is he still considered as a high-level prospect for the 2014 Draft?

I haven't heard anything about him for a while.

He is a nice prospect. Thats for sure. heard a lot of good thinks about him, but also, he has a lot to work. If he is top prospect for 2014? Hm, thats a question. It is still too early to said that. Now it looks like more, that he a late 1. round pick.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Maybe someone like Czechexpert have seen him live and can give you an report about him. But my personal opinion is that he is overhyped.

Have had limited view on him so far but when I saw him I was not very impressed. Good hockey sense but small, average skater and not gritty. Hopefully he will continue in developing.
Right now I wouldn´t say that he is high draft pick.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Slovensko "18" - Česko "18" 4:3 po predĺžení (1:1, 1:0, 1:2 - 1:0)
Góly: 16. Valjent (Reway, Luža), 40. Šimun (Gríger), 51. Lunter (Štrauch), 65. Reway (Kolena) - 11. Šimon, 43. Hawlík (Buchta, Šimon), 57. Psota

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Tmáš Torok has been involved in all of Slovakia´s 6 goals in their first 2 games of the U17 Wold School Challenge thing getting 3 goals and 3 assists. Funny thing, he was originally only a substitute for this tourney. I don´t understand why? I mean I know he´s been out because of injury for a few months and he hasn´t been exactly putting up numbers in juniors after he came back, but when he got the chance to play with Zvolen´s U18 team he got like 6 points in 2 games, that´s gotta be good enough to qualify you for the U17 NT?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Two nice wins over Germany tonight. The U16 team after losing 0-2 in the first period, came out dominant in the 2ns, which they won it 5-0 and took the game with a 7-3 final score. Btw I believe that our U16 team has not lost to Germany at least for 4 years now (but this tourney seems to be the only game that they meet).

The U18 team downed the Germans 3-1 thanks to two goals in one minute in the 3rd period. Slovakia dominated the games as they outshot the Germans 37-21, btu were unable to finish. Also there was too much passing and too little shooting on the PP for my liking. Also they need to play more carefully on D as in a number of times they made sloppy passes in their own zone and the Germans were there forechecking and it could have led to some good chances for Germany.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Two nice wins over Germany tonight. The U16 team after losing 0-2 in the first period, came out dominant in the 2ns, which they won it 5-0 and took the game with a 7-3 final score. Btw I believe that our U16 team has not lost to Germany at least for 4 years now (but this tourney seems to be the only game that they meet).

last time, Slovak loose vs Germany is on 30.12.2005. Thats almost exactly 6 years ago. Tomas Tatar played also in this game.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
The U17 won the bronze medals at the U17 Worlds Sport School Challenge

Slovakia- Edge School for Athletes 3-1
Torok (Cehlárik, BoboÅ¡), Paulovič (Torok,Gábor),Torok (Cehlárik)
SOG: 33-26
POG: Tomáš Torok

Shattuck-St.Mary´s- Slovakia 9-3
Lantosi (Horvát, Torok), Torok (Pavlíček), LantoÅ¡i (Torok, Horvát)
SOG: 53-28
POG: Patrik Koyš

Slovakia- Pursuit of Excellence Hockey Academy 5-2
Paulovič (Å iÅ¡ka, KoyÅ¡), Žilka (Gábor), Žilka (Gábor, Horvát),Å iÅ¡ka (KoyÅ¡)
SOG: 32-18
POG: Adam Godla

Semifinal
Slovakia- Shattuck-St. Mary´s 5-7
Rehák (Cehlárik), Paulovič (Solár), LantoÅ¡i (Torok), Paulovič (KoyÅ¡, Kasanický), Å oltés (KoyÅ¡)
SOG: 26-68
POG: Matej Paulovič

Bronze medal game
Slovakia- Edge School for Athletes 5-2
KoyÅ¡ (Paulovič), LantoÅ¡i (Horvát), KoyÅ¡ (Solár, Å iÅ¡ka), Paulovič (KoyÅ¡, Kasanický) , Horvát (LantoÅ¡i)
SOG: 38-34
POG: Patrik Koyš

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
I wonder if any of those 1995ers will get consideration for the WJCU20 next year in Siberia, similar to Dano this year. Dano looked a bit better against Switzerland, won some faceoffs, and was an important part of the Marincin/Daloga goal. It will be interesting to see what will become of Koyš, Reway, and Torok.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I wonder if any of those 1995ers will get consideration for the WJCU20 next year in Siberia, similar to Dano this year. Dano looked a bit better against Switzerland, won some faceoffs, and was an important part of the Marincin/Daloga goal. It will be interesting to see what will become of Koyš, Reway, and Torok.

I think, Paulovic has the best chance. When he will dominate in WJC U18 and next season will play regularly in Swedish junior league, he will be there. Maybe Török. But he must play in senior league or he must be productive in some NA junior league. Reway is still a question, if the training stuff will have in their team such a unsearchable player. Koys will be there i think in 2 years. He has time.

BTW how will look our team in next year WJC? Do you have some favorites?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I think, Paulovic has the best chance. When he will dominate in WJC U18 and next season will play regularly in Swedish junior league, he will be there. Maybe Török. But he must play in senior league or he must be productive in some NA junior league. Reway is still a question, if the training stuff will have in their team such a unsearchable player. Koys will be there i think in 2 years. He has time.

It´s hard to make predictions about this kids when we don´t even know where they´ll play next year. Well, I think our coaches have the tendency to prefer bigger players for this tournament, looking at the roster only Ďaloga is under 180cm (17 at that), so that would be a problem for Koyš and Reway as well I guess. As for Paulovič, well I dunno, he´s doing well in Sweden and all, but the truth is that he hasn´t had a big impact as for example Reway did at the most recent tourney when he played with the 1994 team, so I wouldn´t even be 100% sure about him making the U18 team this year. Torok, well, we´ll see, he´s only been back about a month, but I think the WSSC results show that one of the things that the U17 teams was missing this year was him and his scoring, so hopefully he can rebound and start scoring in juniors as well.

EDIT: As for as the chances for guys like this to play against men, well, I´m starting to get pretty positive that Bokroš and co. will announce the creation of an U18 team similar to be the U20 team in January (he has kinda mentioned it afterpre-tourney game against the US talking about the USNTDP, saying that we need to start with younger players as well), so who knows where they´ll play such a team....

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008

Returning on defence should be Gernat, Ceresnak, and Bezuska. Returning at forward should be Mraz, Tvrdon, Dano, & perhaps Hindos and Dolnik. Add to this perhaps players like Filip Vasko, Emil Bagin, etc. I think the 2012 team is better than the 2013 will be. But perhaps 2014 & 2015 look stronger.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Returning on defence should be Gernat, Ceresnak, and Bezuska. Returning at forward should be Mraz, Tvrdon, Dano, & perhaps Hindos and Dolnik. Add to this perhaps players like Filip Vasko, Emil Bagin, etc. I think the 2012 team is better than the 2013 will be. But perhaps 2014 & 2015 look stronger.

Yeah, the depth on deffence will be nowhere near as this year and will need someone to step up on offense once Jurčo is gone, but mayne we could have a good goalie with Sabol. Also with the kind the top 6 has shaped up this tourney there´s a chance we will end up in a group of death next year. After what happened to the U18 team last year we should probably concentrate on avoiding relegation ahead of anything else in Russia. As for 2014 and 2015, I´d say way too early to tell...

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

Ufa is capital city of Republic of Bashkorostan. It is not Siberia

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Yeah, the depth on deffence will be nowhere near as this year ...

And with this defense we saw too much goals in Slovak net. Defense will be not a issue, i think. Actually, i cant be worse. Every year we saw many many pucks in our net. We should concentrate to offense and at least the teams like Denmark, Swiss... overrun with more goals.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
The most important thing ahead of next year WJC is- who will be the coach? I mean Bokroš has way too many jobs, how many salaries do you think he gets?

Indian

Jan 14, 2010
Košice
What's the status of the Púchov project? Will it continue or it's not decided yet?
To speculate about the next WJC lineup is always hard. Let's just focus on this years U18 WJC first and take it step by step.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
how many salaries do you think he gets?
I think, it is his privacy. I dont care about/discuss your salary too. It is your privacy as it is Bokros.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Mr. Discipline, Michal Cajkovsky, was back in the Ottawa 67s lineup tonight. The author of six minor penalties during the World Juniors got himself in trouble again almost immediately, taking a checking from behind penalty 6 minutes in to his game against the Belleville Bulls.

Tomas Tatar has his 10th goal of the year tonight with Grand Rapids, Riso Panik had a pair of assists in Norfolk's 5-4 loss in Albany.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Looks like Tatar and Panik are starting to heat up a little bit. Panik with a goal tonight, Tatar with an assist. That makes four game point streaks for them both, each with 5 points during that time.

-Marincin returned to action tonight, Gernat was at the Edmonton game but did not dress.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Looks like Tatar and Panik are starting to heat up a little bit. Panik with a goal tonight, Tatar with an assist. That makes four game point streaks for them both, each with 5 points during that time.

-Marincin returned to action tonight, Gernat was at the Edmonton game but did not dress.

Well, technically Tatar had been heating up for a few months now,especially when compared to Pánik.

Pánik that´s a different matter, I guess he´s not playing 4th line minutes anymore.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
EDIT: As for as the chances for guys like this to play against men, well, I´m starting to get pretty positive that Bokroš and co. will announce the creation of an U18 team similar to be the U20 team in January (he has kinda mentioned it afterpre-tourney game against the US talking about the USNTDP, saying that we need to start with younger players as well), so who knows where they´ll play such a team....

Man, you were right ;) Under 18 years old players will play in 1. liga for U 20 Orange team. That's great idea IMO :handclap:
http://www.hokej.sk/reprezentacia/clanok93558-Trener_Bokros_hlasi_Misiu_sme_splnili.htm?

Which players will Bokroš choose?? I guess Daňo, Sabol and Luža are locked. Who's next? Rzavský, Koyš, Kolena, Gríger, Hrehorčák, Török, Horanský, Varga?
Are players such as Mančák, Šimun, Šille, Pacalaj, Valjent, Briják, Buri, Šohajda, Pavlíček or Holenda good enough (I have no idea :help:)?
Are Vaško, Kucírko, Romančík or Štrauch still eligible for WJC U18?
Is there any chance Sparta Prague will release Reway and Färjestad will release Paulovič :huh:?

Last edited:

Indian

Jan 14, 2010
Košice
I've got this nomination for the new team in Púchov from a comment on hokejportal, so it's not official. The article is an interview with Bokroš about the U20 team.

Goalis: Patrik Romančík (HK 36 Skalica), Richard Sabol (HC '05 Banská Bystrica)
Defenceman: Michal Valjent, Patrik Luža (obaja HC Slovan Bratislava), Richard Buri (HC Nitra), Martin Chrkavý (HC Topoľčany), Jakub Predajnianský (HC '05 Banská Bystrica), Tomáš Rusina (MHC Martin), Denis Šimek (HK Trnava), Peter Šohajda (HK 36 Skalica)
Forwards: Ján Blaško, Marko Daňo, Patrik Koyš (všetci Dukla Trenčín), Ľubomír Dinda, David Gríger, Andreas Štrauch (všetci HK ŠKP Poprad), Stanislav Horanský, Dominik Rehák (obaja MsHK Žilina), Mário Lunter, Eduard Šimun (obaja HC '05 Banská Bystrica), Milan Kolena (MHC Martin), Martin Réway (HC Sparta Praha/ČR), Dávid Šoltés (HC Košice), Tomáš Török (HKm Zvolen)

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Thanks Indian ;)

I like that roster. However it's weird for me, Rzavský isn't there and i'm surprised Reway is there.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad