Slovak Roster announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
dwaynester said:
I guess Marian's Brother wasn't good enough, even to make daddy's team??

F.Hossa isn't picking the players, J.Filc is and Marcel Hossa couldn't have been picked. There are lots of players in front of him like Svatos, Kolnik, Rony Petrovicky. Even Surovy and Zalesak are in front of him in theh depth chart.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
Well...that's Slovakia. They're not strong on defense but there is a few prospects coming along (Barinka)

Which Barinka? Because there is a 20 year old attacker Peter Barinka, who was 2nd in the rookie voting in the CZ league. Do you mean Michal Barinka from CHI? I think he is from the Czech Republic.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Tuggy said:
Pretty good team, their offensive power can rival pretty much any team out there but they are going to need a strong tournment from Lasek.

If he catches like in WC 2002 and 2004, I will be happy.

guitaraholic*

Rabid Ranger said:
He played well with Demitra and Handzus is St.Louis, but when he was seperated from his Slovak countrymen....... well, it wasn't so good. Same thing with a guy like Jan Hlavac. Put him with Nedved and Dvorak, and he's great, apart from them and he stinks.

Yes, I know, I'm aware of what transpired in St.Loo. He wasn't given a fair shake, IMO. When Q, whom I love as a coach and hated to see go, switched Bart off the Handzus/Demitra line he buried him on the 3rd and 4th lines with marginally skilled players. No shock, Lubos' production dropped.
In the right situation I believe Lubos could be an really sound support player for a number of NHL teams. That's all I'm saying.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
I think St.Louis traded Bartecko for a very cheap price: For a 5th round pick. Why did St.Louis trade away all the Slovakians except Demitra? They traded away Smrek, Obsut, Bartecko, Nagy and Handzus.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
12# Peter Bondra said:
I think St.Louis traded Bartecko for a very cheap price: For a 5th round pick. Why did St.Louis trade away all the Slovakians except Demitra? They traded away Smrek, Obsut, Bartecko, Nagy and Handzus.

smrek was traded from nashville to ottawa, actually as part of a three way deal...and he was terrible. his teammates didn't like him, and he was the worst defenseman on the admirals. when you factor in that in return, we got curtis murphy, who won his second straight eddie shore trophy this year, it was a no-brainer.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Just thought of it, Marek Svatos had been nice to see on the team. Haven't seen him so many teams, but he seems to bring a lot of energy to the game.

Anyone think he should be on the team?

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
A lot of Slovaks think he should be there but I really don't. He is injury prone, he has played only a few games in the NHL. Our attack is just too deep for him.

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
no one mentions coaching department here. hossa sucks but filc is the man. i'm certain that slovak team will be much stronger as a team that we've seen them in praque.
i expect waaay better coaching and under great coach with a system, motivation, strategy players become better than thay actually are.

forwards...the good thing is that all forwards can score...a would apreciate bit more toughness...i would take petrovicky over hlinka and somik any second...but i trust filc...he knows his stuff

defence....i don't think its weak. in prague we could't score and i wouldn't blame D.
defence played solod and they will do even better. the only D i have a problem with is lintner...too soft for WC...if ask me

goalie...we all know that lasak is usually the best man in slovak uniform at international level. i have no problem with him at all...he's the best we have and he will be great as he's always been

can't wait :banana: :banana: :banana:

Golbez

e-e said:
no one mentions coaching department here. hossa sucks but filc is the man. i'm certain that slovak team will be much stronger as a team that we've seen them in praque.
i expect waaay better coaching and under great coach with a system, motivation, strategy players become better than thay actually are.

forwards...the good thing is that all forwards can score...a would apreciate bit more toughness...i would take petrovicky over hlinka and somik any second...but i trust filc...he knows his stuff

defence....i don't think its weak. in prague we could't score and i wouldn't blame D.
defence played solod and they will do even better. the only D i have a problem with is lintner...too soft for WC...if ask me

goalie...we all know that lasak is usually the best man in slovak uniform at international level. i have no problem with him at all...he's the best we have and he will be great as he's always been

I agree that coach Hossa is a poor choice. In many small tournament games, exhibition games, etc... Hossa's team was beaten or outplayed by teams like Hungary and Austria. I don't know why Filc declined the coaching job again, since that is where he is at his best.

Defense is fine, since they play better as a group than they would individual.

Lasak is the best Slovak goalie. EVER...even better than Dzurilla.

Slovaks should be good for a silver or bronze :)

Jes Golbez's Weblog

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Lasak isn't better tha Dzurilla. Dzurilla is a legend. But Lasak could take over him as the best goalie. Lasak is only 24 and it seems he has been here for ages.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
e-e said:

Filc is a very good coach. IMO he could he a NHL coach if any team wanted him. When we won gold and Filc was the coach, he turned the quart. final game from 0-2 to 3-2 against Canada and we turned the semifinal from 2-0 to 3-2 against Sweden.

I think that if he had Filc during the last two World Championships, that we would have been in the finals. We got silver in Petersburg with only Satan, Handzus, Bartecko and Chara from the NHL. He can motivate the team like no other.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
12# Peter Bondra said:
Nashville should release Lasak if they still have his NHL rights. It would end a chapter in his life which wasn't very successfull and he could get a chace somwhere else.
Lasak was available in the wavier draft. If anybody wanted him (including Florida) they could've gotten him for nothing.

Honestly, I think Nahville should give the backup job to Lasak next year. A guy like Mason could be re-acquired easily if he fails. How much chance did Lasak get in the NHL? A couple of games and few periods here and there? I remember someone named Vokoun getting that same kind of chance in Montreal. Heck, Kiprusoff got 40 games of expirence in S.J before he "found himself" in Calgary.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
Wow, better team than I had expect.

If the goaltending doesn't kill it, they could go far.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
dulzhok said:
Lasak was available in the wavier draft. If anybody wanted him (including Florida) they could've gotten him for nothing.

Honestly, I think Nashville should give the backup job to Lasak next year. A guy like Mason could be re-acquired easily if he fails. How much chance did Lasak get in the NHL? A couple of games and few periods here and there? I remember someone named Vokoun getting that same kind of chance in Montreal. Heck, Kiprusoff got 40 games of expirence in S.J before he "found himself" in Calgary.

Vokoun in Montreal played one period, where he got 4 goals and didn't appear in the NHL for 4 years and now he is a top goalie. The bad thing was that Lasak started only 1 game I think, in the others he went when the team was heavily losing.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
The problem I see with Lasak is that while he's been great in international tournaments, most (if not all) of these tournaments have been played on the big ice with European rules. The World Cup games will be much closer to the NHL games in which he has really struggled. If you add in the fact that this will probably be the best competition he's ever faced (Try comparing the Canadian team to most of the world championships teams he's faced) it leads me to believe that Lasak is a big question mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad