Slovak prospects - Top 10 rankings (updated July 3rd)

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
This is still unofficial from few fans stating this on Slovak hockey websites.
I hope it is not true. We have finally option to have 4 lines at HGC each with chance to create chances and score.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Marek Sramaty will line-up with Shawinigan next year. They should have quite a strong forward group and could challenge for the Memorial Cup

Reactions: hellwar9

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
A few months ago I said that Demek is good and he would be on our 2022 WJC team and someone here laughed at me. Im so happy for Jakub

On the other hand, this was really an exceptionally weak draft. I feel like some players taken in the 3rd round would barely be drafted last year.

I wonder what the Slovak hockey federation can offer Matthew Knies to get him to commit to Slovakia:sarcasm:

It was interesting to learn while watching the draft that both his parents are Slovak and moved to North America just before he was born. Knies is also a first round talent in this draft that has represented USA in the World Jr A challenge.

Reactions: Faterson

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I wonder what the Slovak hockey federation can offer Matthew Knies to get him to commit to Slovakia:sarcasm:

Miro Šatan should definitely give it a try, so that he doesn't become another Kevin Labanc or "Palko" Šťastný. Is there anything the Slovak national team would need more than a 191 cm (for now) tall center? I don't think so...

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia

It was interesting to learn while watching the draft that both his parents are Slovak and moved to North America just before he was born. Knies is also a first round talent in this draft that has represented USA in the World Jr A challenge.
I am not sure but he should have only slovak passport or play at least 2 full seasons in Slovakia based on the assumption that he would not represent any other country at some tournament organized by IIHF.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
U20 lineup for tomorrow, what do we think it will look like? These few games are especially important for guys on the “bubble” of upcoming WJC squad. I’ll take a shot:

Chromiak - Myklukha- Krajc
Kolenic - Kaslik - Demek
Lasak - Geci - Faith
Nemec - Jedlicka - Baco

Becar - Stacha
Groch - Petrovicky
Fatul - bakala
Ejem - Miklovic

Latkoczy

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Latkoczy (Opatovsky)

Becar - Stacha
Groch - Petrovicky
Fatul - Miklovic
Ejem - Bakala

Demek - Myklukha - Chromiak
L.Nemec - Geci - Krajc
Kolenic - Kaslik - Faith
Lasak - Jedlicka - Baco

Mato94

Apr 11, 2020
Bratislava, Slovakia
Demek and Stacha won’t play (I probably should’ve tweeted that...willdo, in the morning). Demek had some stomach problems, Stacha is injured.

Antiilla, you have the first line on point, it indeed is Chromiak - Myklukha - Krajc. But I’m not sure about the other formations.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
U17 team going to play against SUI, USA, CZE and GER.

This team has not played any international hockey in their previous season due to corona, it will be interesting to see this huge step for many players. Playing 4 games in 4 days is extremely difficult.
Names to watch: Jakub Chromiak (Martin's brother), Sisik, Ridzon, Jencko, Jobek , Cedzo, Cisar.
Some names like Dvorsky, Molnar, Strbak are missing because they are preparing with U18 for HGC.

Pred náročnou skúškou vo Švajčiarsku absolvovala SR 17 pridaný kemp vo Zvolene

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->