Slovak goalie '97 Matej Tomek

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
What can you tell me about this kid?

He has started his USA junior career going 3-0 with a GAA average of .67 and 2 shutouts.

Big kid at 6'3 190.

http://pointstreak.com/prostats/playerpage.html?playerid=8007656&seasonid=12872

Cant tell you, what is his style. Never seen him play. But what i heard, the scouts were impressed with him (and Adam Huska) on last WJC U18. The numbers are bad, but the overal play was great. Someone said, if their could, both were drafted in 2014.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
I haven't seen him play but I follow USA junior leagues pretty closely and those numbers are eye popping.

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
IMO best goaltender since Jaroslav Halák. Solid technique in the net, he doesn't have any useless moves in the crease, I would say he need to improve his glove and stickhandling. Once I've heard he's giving up too many goals 5 hole, but to be honest, I have never noticed that.

Those numbers could be misleading, it's still just beginning of the season and three games are not a good sample size. On the other hand, he's just proving he's probably TOP3 goaltender for the very next draft (if not the best one).

As for Húska, I don't like him too much. I prefer Cibulka to Húska, like I've already said many times.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
IMO best goaltender since Jaroslav Halák. Solid technique in the net, he doesn't have any useless moves in the crease, I would say he need to improve his glove and stickhandling. Once I've heard he's giving up too many goals 5 hole, but to be honest, I have never noticed that.

Those numbers could be misleading, it's still just beginning of the season and three games are not a good sample size. On the other hand, he's just proving he's probably TOP3 goaltender for the very next draft (if not the best one).

As for Húska, I don't like him too much. I prefer Cibulka to Húska, like I've already said many times.

I have been big fan of Tomek for a while. Big butterfly goalie with athleticism and decent technique.
I´m not that high on Huska but still think that he is better goalie than Cibulka.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->