HAPPY BIRTHDAY! slocal

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Wow, so many of ya! I can't thank you guys wnough, but thank you. Last night was a blur :laugh:

Hey slo, did your family double up on your birthday presents w/ christmas?

I think that's the case with all December babies. Do0g, take notice!

My wife, when we started dating in high school 15 years ago, decided that June 17th was my "half birthday" in order to keep it from blending with Christmas. We just kinda celebrate both birthdays now, lol. It was really nice when I was younger, not to hear, "you can either open this now for your birthday, or wait till Christmas. It's for both."

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Oh no I'm late! Was doing the whole traveling thing yesterday.

Happy Birthday Slo!. You're one of the best mods I've ever met.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Wow, so many of ya! I can't thank you guys wnough, but thank you. Last night was a blur :laugh:

My wife, when we started dating in high school 15 years ago, decided that June 17th was my "half birthday" in order to keep it from blending with Christmas. We just kinda celebrate both birthdays now, lol. It was really nice when I was younger, not to hear, "you can either open this now for your birthday, or wait till Christmas. It's for both."

You'd be surprised. I got a lot of "Happy Birthmas" or "oh, I forgot it was your birthday"

Worst time of the year to be born, imo.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

That's a dick move :laugh:

When I was in elementary school, my best friend's little brother had a Dec 24th birthday. So he got to pick a present to open that night, though he also got a couple of extra presents in total so that there wouldn't be any "it's for both" weaseling. I want to say he also had a party with his friends (and thus a few more presents) in early January so there wasn't any christmas scheduling conflicts. I remember being over at their house one weekend while that was going on and it was a week or two after the new year.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
You'd be surprised. I got a lot of "Happy Birthmas" or "oh, I forgot it was your birthday"

Worst time of the year to be born, imo.

That's what I was saying. My wife changed that when she started celebrating in June.

I love this time of year, though.

That's a dick move :laugh:

When I was in elementary school, my best friend's little brother had a Dec 24th birthday. So he got to pick a present to open that night, though he also got a couple of extra presents in total so that there wouldn't be any "it's for both" weaseling. I want to say he also had a party with his friends (and thus a few more presents) in early January so there wasn't any christmas scheduling conflicts. I remember being over at their house one weekend while that was going on and it was a week or two after the new year.

Lol, I was used to it, tbh. It's really a balancing act for parents. Big hit on the budget during Christmas, let alone a birthday.

Happy belated birthday brah.

Hopefully last night's game from me and my Leafs was a good present :laugh: :cry:

Dude, it was an exciting game! The ups and downs, thinking I was cursed...you couldn't have made it more of a moment.

I thank you and the Leafs from the bottom of my heart. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad