Slitty's Annual Most Ready RSL Prospects (with commentary)

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Since you brought this up can you tell us Dallas fans about Sergei Kukushin's season?
Also do you think a lot of other Russian players are going to begin taking the route Korostin did and coming over to play junior hockey in order to avoid the transfer mess?
I actually wasn't the one to bump this, but am always happy to share my thoughts. In terms of Kukushkin, never say never, but at this point the NHL can't be more than a pipe dream as far as he is concerned. In fact, he has his work cut out for him in terms of solidifying a future in the RSL. While he is still young, not being able to fully cement a roster spot on one of the worst teams in the RSL is never a good a sign.

Do you you whether Korneev has any intentions of coming over to North America and how good is he really?
I am not aware of Korneev having any North American plans at this point. As for how good he is, you will have to wait until the 2008 version of my list! ;)

Might as well get your opinion on Yemelin while your talking about Habs prospects.
I will, very soon. :)

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here but everytime I click that link it sends me to http://www.rushockey.com/ instead and I can't find the article anywhere on the site.
The link has died at some point during the course of the year. The article is archived here: http://www.rushockey.com/index.php?l=eng&t=1&s=1&st=210

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
Thanks for finding the link again and I was wondering about Artyukhin, I mean at the minute his agent is in talks with Tampa Bay management so there is a chance he could play for the bolts next season, but what kind of role could he fulfill? I mean obviously his size and hitting would be useful but is he likely to become a scorer or not?

Also about Koshechkin it says his immediate impact would be NHL backup but would potential does he have? Would he ever be able to develop into a decent starter?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Thanks for finding the link again and I was wondering about Artyukhin, I mean at the minute his agent is in talks with Tampa Bay management so there is a chance he could play for the bolts next season, but what kind of role could he fulfill? I mean obviously his size and hitting would be useful but is he likely to become a scorer or not?

Also about Koshechkin it says his immediate impact would be NHL backup but would potential does he have? Would he ever be able to develop into a decent starter?
Koshechkin had a complete collapse of a season, so I wouldn't even classify him as a potential NHL backup at this point. Artyukhin has diversified his game since leaving the NHL, but I will leave the specifics for this year's edition. :)

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
Koshechkin had a complete collapse of a season, so I wouldn't even classify him as a potential NHL backup at this point. Artyukhin has diversified his game since leaving the NHL, but I will leave the specifics for this year's edition. :)

I had heard things like that about Koshechkin but wasnt sure, but that is great news about R2 especially if he comes back for next season, thanks for the info.
And just wondering when is this years edition coming out?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
I had heard things like that about Koshechkin but wasnt sure, but that is great news about R2 especially if he comes back for next season, thanks for the info.
Artyukhin is leaving CSKA under the pretense of "a tempting NHL offer", so I would assume that him playing for the Lightning next season is practically a done deal.

And just wondering when is this years edition coming out?
Soon after the end of the World Championships.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Hard to believe due to the manner of his departure, both sides were unhappy with each other. I wonder if TB is working on a trade?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->