Equipment: Slideboard Training

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Nice thread. I just bought a 360 Degree Sports 6' slide board when I was back home for a visit.

Its cheap materials so I dont know how it will standup over time but Ive used it a couple of times and I really like the slideboard training. Great for working those lateral movement muscles.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I was going to see about getting a 2' x 8' board of 3/4" Melamine and then a 2x4 cut into 2' lengths, then foam. I have wood screws at home. So that would be about $30 or so. Socks over running shoes and some lemon Pledge that I already have.

I'm fairly happy with my kettlebell stuff for hamstring work, really kicks my ass, but I want something better for endurance for quads and glutes, and think this would be a good solution.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
I was going to see about getting a 2' x 8' board of 3/4" Melamine and then a 2x4 cut into 2' lengths, then foam. I have wood screws at home. So that would be about $30 or so. Socks over running shoes and some lemon Pledge that I already have.

I'm fairly happy with my kettlebell stuff for hamstring work, really kicks my ass, but I want something better for endurance for quads and glutes, and think this would be a good solution.

What do you need the foam for?

FWIW I would recommend spending the money for slideboard boots that slide over your shoes rather than using socks.

I used to use my slideboard quite a bit, but now that I have synthetic ice I'd rather put on my skates and skate instead of using the slideboard. That said the slideboard should give you the endurance workout you are looking for.

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006
If you're wearing shoes then you shouldn't have any issue with the stops. I've always used socks over shoes but they collect crap on them and end up scratching the surface up over time.

rinkrat22

Jul 27, 2007
Chicago

if you want to build some endurance do some KBell high rep DL's and goblet squats. in the 25-50 rep range. not that I'm for or against the slideboard, but these lifts will give you a great burn in your quads and hammies.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
The KB stuff really kills my hammies, for about a week actually. I'm still sore from last Wednesday's workout, which was fairly short. With any kind of squat, my lower back starts to hurt way earlier than my quads/glutes. I know my core is super weak compared to my legs, so I need to get something that's isolating the legs and glutes more and less strain on the back. I also need some kind of cardio component as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad