Sleeper picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Yeah I think this Malkin kid has some potential..

C'mon guys lets be a little more adventurous.. :)

Personally Im curious to see who takes David Brown, Viktor Alexandrov and Evan McGrath. All were very highly rated at one point.

The Boot

Feb 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Kevin Mailhiot was touted as a possible first rounder a while back and now he has completely slipped off CSS's list. I heard he got a concussion in international play and has never been the same since. Obviously his 21 points in 45 games with Drummondville wasn't very impressive at all but maybe he will snap out of it and get moving in the right direction again.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Oilers Chick said:
Grant Lewis

Good call...some love for another Picksburgher. I'm hoping the Pens grab him in the 3rd round and get Wheeler at #31.

Last edited:

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
The Boot said:
Kevin Mailhiot was touted as a possible first rounder a while back and now he has completely slipped off CSS's list. I heard he got a concussion in international play and has never been the same since. Obviously his 21 points in 45 games with Drummondville wasn't very impressive at all but maybe he will snap out of it and get moving in the right direction again.

I'd forget about it. It wasn't his first concussion, if you see what I mean.

I actually met him at school like two or three months ago, he was back in his previous town (before Junior hockey) and had stopped playing hockey because of his injury. I don't want to be pessimistic, but it sure as hell doesn't look like he has NHL-upside anymore. It's sad to see him in such a situation since he's a great guy...

As for sleepers, I'd go on a limb and say Evan McGrath and Viktor Alexandrov. They were both seen as amazing prospects two year ago so they might have a lot of untapped potential.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The Boot said:

Mailhiot may retire due to head injuries.

As for mikhail yunkov, I was under the impression he opted out, no?

As for some sleepers,

David Booth- I was always impressed with his game, power stride
Klye Klubertanz- small for a defensemen, but offensively gifted
Kevin Potter- small but fast, headed to a great program at UM
Stanislav Lascek- needs to work on skating but offensively gifted
Jan Steber (although I think I'm alone in thinking this),
Philippe Roberge, not talked about much at all, might be a good late pickup
Fredrick Naslund (I am thinking I'm also alone with this one, never saw him, just going off what I read), big LW, although his U-18 performance should drop him a bit
Robbie Earl (his size is a bit of an issue, but he's fun to watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad