Injury Report: SLAVIN (LBIR)

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Jaccob Slavin: Held out last 2 Periods
After logging 7:13 of ice time in the first period, Slavin was held out of the final two periods of the game with a lower-body injury, a decision that was largely precautionary but worth monitoring, none the less.
"There was definitely something he tweaked," Brind'Amour said. "A little bit alarming there, for sure. It's exactly what you wouldn't want to happen in these kinds of games. We'll know more tomorrow, but I'm hopeful it's nothing too serious.
Recap: Canes' Point Streak Snapped in Nashville

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I know that hindsight is 20/20, and that there was no space, but wouldn't it have been nice if we'd been somehow able to retain Forsling?

Given Ryan played a total of 3 games all season, I doubt we would have any opinion of Forsling if Carolina held onto him.

He wouldn’t have beaten out Bean for #7, so when would he have played?

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Sometimes players break out late. We had no reason to keep him, he played like he was expendable and we had plenty of depth. No one saw his emergence coming.

Given Ryan played a total of 3 games all season, I doubt we would have any opinion of Forsling if Carolina held onto him.

He wouldn’t have beaten out Bean for #7, so when would he have played?

I don't disagree with most of the above. And I want to stress that my point wasn't that someone made a mistake or should be assigned blame. I understand why things worked out as they did.

I guess the question that Forsling raises in my mind is how tough it might be right now for any but a blue chip D prospect to advance in our organization given the depth we have at the NHL level. Again, don't get me wrong; if that is an issue it's a pretty good problem to have (for the organization, not for the D yutes, lol).

The one thing I might take exception to in NSJs post above is that the term "played like he was expendable" might be a bit harsh. With the disclaimer that I never saw Forsling play in Charlotte, his stats from 2019-20 did look pretty solid to me. Here they are (along with Bean's as a reference point.)

Forsling 57ga 8g 18a 26p +20
Bean 59ga 10g 38a 48p -6

On the one hand, Forsling really lagged Bean in assists, but on the other hand that +20 is a pretty gaudy outlier to the positive (along with Lorentz' +23).

Anyways, as long as he doesn't hurt us in the playoffs, glad to see him doing so well in Florida.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I don't disagree with most of the above. And I want to stress that my point wasn't that someone made a mistake or should be assigned blame. I understand why things worked out as they did.

I guess the question that Forsling raises in my mind is how tough it might be right now for any but a blue chip D prospect to advance in our organization given the depth we have at the NHL level. Again, don't get me wrong; if that is an issue it's a pretty good problem to have (for the organization, not for the D yutes, lol).

The one thing I might take exception to in NSJs post above is that the term "played like he was expendable" might be a bit harsh. With the disclaimer that I never saw Forsling play in Charlotte, his stats from 2019-20 did look pretty solid to me. Here they are (along with Bean's as a reference point.)

Forsling 57ga 8g 18a 26p +20
Bean 59ga 10g 38a 48p -6

On the one hand, Forsling really lagged Bean in assists, but on the other hand that +20 is a pretty gaudy outlier to the positive (along with Lorentz' +23).

Anyways, as long as he doesn't hurt us in the playoffs, glad to see him doing so well in Florida.

Bean was literally voted the best defenseman in the AHL in 2019-2020.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad