Slava Voynov

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Big question...will this be the last Voynov Thread?

There is an article on puck daddy basically saying the kings are ok with domestic violence. Everyone should go comment on how ridiculous that it is

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

There is an article on puck daddy basically saying the kings are ok with domestic violence. Everyone should go comment on how ridiculous that it is

I won't even waste my time commenting on such a trash article. Didn't realize the Wysh hired users from the main board to post on his site.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
What's the difference between the Varlamov case and Voynov's case?

one settled and one went to court. I think the laws in the two states also meant that Voynov was formally charged where as Varly I do not believe was.

Oh and as the other poster said Timing...once was pre ray rice the other right afterwards

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well, in one way, she's not wrong--actually terminating the contract would have been a nice emphatic step. However, to imply that protecting the organization by holding a players rights is somehow a tacit acceptance of domestic violence is just main board hatred. I don't expect anything from Puck Daddy, though.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
He's a damn good player, sucks it came to this. Can't excuse what he did, but I will say he was probably raised in an environment where domestic violence was more widely accepted. Sucks for all parties involved. But if there is a positive spin, now it's one less thing for the team to worry about. Settle the Richards ordeal and get on with the season...

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
It doesn't say anything in there about getting rid of the NHL contract for a Defected Player.

It says has not fulfilled the duties of his contract. Then in the return part of the CBA it says the player needs to negotiate a new SPC with the returning team.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
It says has not fulfilled the duties of his contract. Then in the return part of the CBA it says the player needs to negotiate a new SPC with the returning team.

Yes, but that second part is to determine if the player meets the 10.2(b)(ii) Free Agent Status to be a Group 4 Free Agent. A Defected Player would not be a Free Agent if they have an SPC in effect still.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA

Ignore it. All going there does is increase the hits to the site. Which in turn makes them more money.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut

The article was written by a die hard Ducks fan... Surprise, surprise!

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
There is an article on puck daddy basically saying the kings are ok with domestic violence.

Saw that. The Kings saying that they will never let Voynov play in a Kings sweater again and will NOT terminate his contract effectively stops him from playing in the NHL at ALL until the contract is up. If they terminated he could come back sooner and I GUARANTEE someone would sign him.

Sure, if he comes back they would trade him. But that's just business, and speaks more about the team that takes him on than it does about the Kings.

You're dead to me, Voynov. Your antics, not even taking into account how disgusting they are, also (I believe) screwed the team and it's fans last year. I just hope your wife gets herself and the kid the hell away from you before you do something even worse.

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA

WTF. What piece of **** would write that - oh wait, it's Puck Daddy.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I typed up but not posted a comment pointing out to the people in the main board thread that mentioned Richards that ICE has a say in the matter. Complete with the statute and news articles.

Should I even bother?

Jul 31, 2005
CA
He's a damn good player, sucks it came to this. Can't excuse what he did, but I will say he was probably raised in an environment where domestic violence was more widely accepted. Sucks for all parties involved. But if there is a positive spin, now it's one less thing for the team to worry about. Settle the Richards ordeal and get on with the season...

No good way to say this and it's one person's opinion but my ex was Russian and she said they look at DV differently than we do, like they're stuck in the 50's when it comes to how some men treat women. I use the term "some" emphatically as I'm not trying to paint a broad picture of a culture I know nothing about. As far as Slava leaving isn't it the same as when Kovalchuk bolted from the Devils?

Captain Mittens*

I typed up but not posted a comment pointing out to the people in the main board thread that mentioned Richards that ICE has a say in the matter. Complete with the statute and news articles.

Should I even bother?

Probably not

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
No good way to say this and it's one person's opinion but my ex was Russian and she said they look at DV differently than we do, like they're stuck in the 50's when it comes to how some men treat women. I use the term "some" emphatically as I'm not trying to paint a broad picture of a culture I know nothing about. As far as Slava leaving isn't it the same as when Kovalchuk bolted from the Devils?

I believe it is treated the same. Not sure what the devils did though as far as terminating contract or just holding onto the players rights

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad