News: Slava Voynov reinstated July 1, 2020, suspended for 2019/2020 season/playoffs

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Last edited by a moderator:

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
I'm a fan of his game. If he is reinstated, it'll be very interesting to see what kind of impact he can have in the league and with what team. I think his game is pretty well suited for the style most teams seem to be trying to play these days.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
He was a really good defencemen when he was in the league if he can play at the level he use to be able to or even a little less I would take him of the oilers for sure.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Kings own his rights he can’t just sign with someone and from what I’ve read about how he was a culture player here lol that won’t sit well with people and a leader I think Blake brings him back to the Kings

Reactions: andys and zaqq

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Kings own his rights he can’t just sign with someone and from what I’ve read about how he was a culture player here lol that won’t sit well with people and a leader I think Blake brings him back to the Kings

LA has said he will not be a king. That said LA has had a hole on the right side of their second pair since he "left"

Would fill needs of a lot of teams.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I love his game on the ice. I'd take him on the Oilers in a heart beat.

Everyone has an ass**** side and a breaking point where we flip out. Absolutely everyone. It's mostly how you learn from your mistakes and learn to control your temperament that determines what kind of man you are, not the mistakes, as everyone makes those without exception. He's young and you just hope he learns from it and NEVER does it again.

But if he makes the same mistake again, I'd be the first to say 'strap him on a rocket and shoot him into the sun.'

Last edited:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
LA has said he will not be a king. That said LA has had a hole on the right side of their second pair since he "left"

Would fill needs of a lot of teams.

All they’ve ever said was that any discussion was premature, anything is just speculation from writers. And given how this is a topic that is very emotional for many, I wouldn’t believe anything a writer says about it as it’s going to be biased from their own point of view.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Austin Watson makes this hard for the league to fight.

Voynov’s was a LOT worse, so it’s only semi comparable. You can’t just lump everything together regardless of severity. I mean, there’s a big difference between getting roughing for punching a guy in a scrum, and a Bertuzzi/Moore incident. Both are punching someone, yet they’re really not the same thing. Same for this. Watson pushing his drunk, belligerent girlfriend isn’t the same as Voynov punching and kicking his wife and then smashing her head into a TV.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Please provide link. I have never heard that and I have been following the closely.
tried to find but could not. Forget if it was DL or Luc but I fore sure remember it being said that he played his last game as a king. Things may have change but it was said.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Will be interesting to see who has interest or even if LA will take him back since they are having trouble so far this season.

Reactions: Fixxer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad