Value of: Slava Voynov’s rights

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I read a Russian article that said we're days away from a verdict on what the NHL will decide will be his punishment and that he hurt his achilles heel and could miss a month of action regardless. Any legitimacy to this? I know Voynov was in New York presumably to talk to the NHL in late July and that he was in Florida a little later watching the ManU game but that's about it, outside of a Puerto Rico sighting thanks to his Instagram.

TSN contributor also tweeted the second part.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Moral integrity ? What is your source for this ? The only source I know is the bible and it condemns many things that is becoming every day occurrences in the world . How many cheat on their partners , abuse animals , same sex partner and more . Having said that it is also not our place to judge altho it is fine to hate the act don't hate the person . As I have read it is not even illegal act in Russia . If any of us grew up in a different country we would have been shaped by their laws and culture . In the western world we like to think we have it all figure out . Strict laws on any kind of abuse , animals , wife , kids , elders and yet we have a record number of mass murders with semi auto weapons .

Having said the above I do think he should have strict conditions on his return . Like the NFL drug policy . Once your caught and in it they can test any time 24hours a day 7 days a week . Make it the same for VV

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I read a Russian article that said we're days away from a verdict on what the NHL will decide will be his punishment and that he hurt his achilles heel and could miss a month of action regardless. Any legitimacy to this? I know Voynov was in New York presumably to talk to the NHL in late July and that he was in Florida a little later watching the ManU game but that's about it, outside of a Puerto Rico sighting thanks to his Instagram.

TSN contributor also tweeted the second part.

The could be a red flag for teams also. This would be his 2nd major achilles injury in just a few years wouldn't it?

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Way to many people in this world willing to over look **** as long as it benifits them, regardless how it affects others.
His crime has been looked at, he has obviously completed the treatment that he was given, his wife is still with him, the league is willing to reinstate him. Who are we to say if he deserves a second chance or not? The law, his wife, the NHL say he does deserve a second chance. Who are we to judge? What he did was bad, and he will be under the microscope. I would have no issue with him playing for the Habs, Montreal is a city of first and second chances, Jackie Robinson, Michel Sam, Johny Manzel, etc, I would have no problem with showing some compassion and giving him a second chance.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
His crime has been looked at, he has obviously completed the treatment that he was given, his wife is still with him, the league is willing to reinstate him. Who are we to say if he deserves a second chance or not? The law, his wife, the NHL say he does deserve a second chance. Who are we to judge? What he did was bad, and he will be under the microscope. I would have no issue with him playing for the Habs, Montreal is a city of first and second chances, Jackie Robinson, Michel Sam, Johny Manzel, etc, I would have no problem with showing some compassion and giving him a second chance.
Screw him, compassion, and a second chance.
Learn some facts about domestic abuse before posting on it. Most victims willingly stay with their abusers due to threats, low self esteem, or other factors.
His wife forgiving him is completely irrelevant.
As for the NHL, they will decide based on profit and no other reason. They have proven over and over that all that matters is the amount of money they can pocket.
As for the Habs acquiring him...it would be hilariously ironic considering the constant spewing of verbal diarrhea about character being important by their brain dead GM.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Learn some facts about domestic abuse before posting on it. Most victims willingly stay with their abusers due to threats, low self esteem, or other factors.
As for the NHL, they will decide based on profit and no other reason. They have proven over and over that all that matters is the amount of money they can pocket.
Ok then I guess he should be putt to death incase he is secretly torturing his wife right? I mean by your ideology we should hang this guy right now.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Ok then I guess he should be putt to death incase he is secretly torturing his wife right? I mean by your ideology we should hang this guy right now.
No. I’m not saying hang him. But I am saying ban him for life from the NHL.
There is this old concept that is completely foreign to today’s society and today’s generation..... consequences.
Just because you say your sorry doesn’t erase the action or it’s ramifications.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
There is this old concept that is completely foreign to today’s society and today’s generation..... consequences.
You are right about the consequences, and the way I see it his consequences will be the shame and embarrassment he will have to endure plus the microscope he will be under. It will just hurt his family further if he is not allowed to play hockey. His kids want him to play hockey. His family will suffer if he is casted out.

Reactions: Pure

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
You are right about the consequences, and the way I see it his consequences will be the shame and embarrassment he will have to endure plus the microscope he will be under. It will just hurt his family further if he is not allowed to play hockey. His kids want him to play hockey. His family will suffer if he is casted out.
He has been playing hockey..in Russia. He can stay and play there.

Reactions: ZZamboni

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

That is quite the compilation of strawmans and hyperbole.

* shame and embarrassment? LOL

* he's been playing hockey and being paid very well for it. He can make an excellent living outside the NHL

* since he's perfectly capable of making a living outside the NHL his family is not being hurt

* IIRC his child is very young.. Even if they did care, Im guessing their choice would be to stay with their friends and not more to a different country.

Side note: How in gods name would you know what his kids want for him?

Last edited:

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Moral integrity ? What is your source for this ? The only source I know is the bible and it condemns many things that is becoming every day occurrences in the world . How many cheat on their partners , abuse animals , same sex partner and more . Having said that it is also not our place to judge altho it is fine to hate the act don't hate the person . As I have read it is not even illegal act in Russia . If any of us grew up in a different country we would have been shaped by their laws and culture . In the western world we like to think we have it all figure out . Strict laws on any kind of abuse , animals , wife , kids , elders and yet we have a record number of mass murders with semi auto weapons .

Having said the above I do think he should have strict conditions on his return . Like the NFL drug policy . Once your caught and in it they can test any time 24hours a day 7 days a week . Make it the same for VV

Ignoring for a moment how you apparently only know of a single source from which people derive their ideas on morality, how exactly is the NHL to implement your proposition? Random check-ins to make sure he isn't physically assaulting someone? Shouldn't their policy on those who commit violent crimes already be exceptionally strict for all players regardless of criminal history?

No NHL team should take a flier on this POS.

Reactions: ZZamboni

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

Seriously.
You are going to use fairytales and mythology to support and source your argument?
Maybe we should also be living according to the writings of the Brothers Grim as well.
Morality and justice pre-date the creation of your myth.
As for the misguided, outdated, and plainly just stupid belief that same sex relationships are “ evil” or “immoral”, the best way for you and others like you to avoid them is to lock yourself in your house and just stay there.

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
That is quite the compilation of strawmans and hyperbole.

* shame and embarrassment? LOL

* he's been playing hockey and being paid very well for it. He can make an excellent living outside the NHL

* since he's perfectly capable of making a living outside the NHL his family is not being hurt

* IIRC his child is very young.. Even if they did care, Im guessing their choice would be to stay with their friends and not more to a different country.

Side note: How in gods name would you know what his kids want for him?
Come on man, you know what I mean, you wanna twist everything up that’s fine. His family would benefit emotionally from him being reinstated, I don’t see how that can be disputed.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Come on man, you know what I mean, you wanna twist everything up that’s fine. His family would benefit emotionally from him being reinstated, I don’t see how that can be disputed.

How do they benefit emotionally? You think his wife *wants* to subject herself to the media circus that will immediately commence upon his return? His kid is in a big hurry to leave his/her friends and home country to go move across the world? He would be dragging his family into a big boatload of shit to benefit his own ego

Reactions: BatVader

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
How do they benefit emotionally? You think his wife *wants* to subject herself to the media circus that will immediately commence upon his return? His kid is in a big hurry to leave his/her friends and home country to go move across the world? He would be dragging his family into a big boatload of **** to benefit his own ego

Do you know what I find funny. People are white knighting so hard that they are deciding how women and children should think. Also his kid is very very young in the infant/toddler range but besides that, maybe in your household growing up you got to tell your parents where you were living but for most kids in society, it's our parents that make the decision.

I always appreciate when people argue with facts and not this kind of rhetoric. Your previous post in reply to me added value to this thread where you noted he had a previous achilles injury. This post was terrible conjecture.

TimPeel

Dec 10, 2017
Rolling my eyes at those trying to put the guy through a moral purity test. If he was Canadian this would have been swept under the rug. The man made a mistake, made amends both legally and personally (his wife is still with him), and he shouldn't be punished forever like he committed some crime against humanity.

David Catselhoff

Jan 14, 2005
I believe the NHL would have some slippery legal grounds themselves if they permanently banned VV. I would think it would easily be argued in court that he was made an example of and discriminated against by the NHL due to being Russian. He can show many comparable situations where NHL athletes were given minor suspensions (if any), due to DV and other crimes in cases where the player was born in the USA/Canada and didnt receive a comparable punishment. If you go back through the history of the NHL, there has always been a clear bias against Russians and its even prevalent even today. I think that legal fight could significantly damage the NHL's image as well as their pocketbook.

I would get the idea of a lifetime ban out of your heads. Best you can hope for is a 10-20 game suspension and maybe removing his name from the cup. If you want a SJW cause to bang the drum about, that's the one concession you are most likely to get.

Reactions: RocketKing and Dog

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
As for the Habs acquiring him...it would be hilariously ironic considering the constant spewing of verbal diarrhea about character being important by their brain dead GM.
And what about the law? How are you going to dismiss the law?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Rolling my eyes at those trying to put the guy through a moral purity test. If he was Canadian this would have been swept under the rug. The man made a mistake, made amends both legally and personally (his wife is still with him), and he shouldn't be punished forever like he committed some crime against humanity.

Good luck telling that to the people here that live perfect lives, man.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL

Another concept that seems gone from today’s society is forgiveness.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I would personally never want to associate with the guy and will never be a fan of his. I think anyone else feeling the same way is justified. But people asking for a life time ban is just wrong. We are NOT the judges, we do not give out sentences. He has been punished by the courts and if the NHL reinstates him bases on written down rules or precedents then he gets reinstated.

If you dont want to show forgiveness and hope your team doesnt sign him thats okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->