Value of: Slava Voynov’s rights

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
According to who? You? How do you know what he's done? Does he need to write you a letter?

If you hadn't noticed, everyone here has intimately followed Voynovs life since moving back to Russia. They know he hasnt completed his mandated sentence and required hours , they know his wife is only with him and having children with him because if physical threats/ BWS, etc.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
According to who? You? How do you know what he's done? Does he need to write you a letter?
Can you point to anything he’s done to SHOW he’s rehabilitated himself? SHOW people the DV groups he’s donated to. SHOW people the statements he’s made saying how bad DV is?

No? Then he hasn’t SHOWN anyone that he deserves forgiveness. Next time look at what the post you’re refuting actually says I didn’t say he doesn’t DESERVE forgiveness. I said he hasn’t done enough to SHOW he deserves forgiveness. And he hasn’t.

David Catselhoff

Jan 14, 2005
Can you point to anything he’s done to SHOW he’s rehabilitated himself? SHOW people the DV groups he’s donated to. SHOW people the statements he’s made saying how bad DV is?

No? Then he hasn’t SHOWN anyone that he deserves forgiveness. Next time look at what the post you’re refuting actually says I didn’t say he doesn’t DESERVE forgiveness. I said he hasn’t done enough to SHOW he deserves forgiveness. And he hasn’t.

What does giving money to DV groups have to do with feeling remorse or obtaining forgiveness? People have to pay for forgiveness? He can pay the church of Public Relations and all of his sins can be absolved!

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
What does giving money to DV groups have to do with feeling remorse or obtaining forgiveness? People have to pay for forgiveness? He can pay the church of Public Relations and all of his sins can be absolved!
People have to show some obvious form of contrition to expect forgiveness. Those are examples. Feel free to list any and all actions he’s performed to show contrition.

“I went home and was one of the highest paid players in the league, then came back and spent money on lawyers to get my conviction voided” doesn’t really cut it in the “I’m sorry, please forgive me” category. It does fall pretty squarely into your “pay the church of Public Relations and all of his sins can be absolved!” category though.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
People have to show some obvious form of contrition to expect forgiveness. Those are examples. Feel free to list any and all actions he’s performed to show contrition.

“I went home and was one of the highest paid players in the league, then came back and spent money on lawyers to get my conviction voided” doesn’t really cut it in the “I’m sorry, please forgive me” category. It does fall pretty squarely into your “pay the church of Public Relations and all of his sins can be absolved!” category though.
Getting charged voided is normal, and doesn't show that he has no regret. He went to prison, so it's not like there was no justice

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Getting charged voided is normal, and doesn't show that he has no regret. He went to prison, so it's not like there was no justice
He punched in the jaw, repeatedly choked, kicked, threw his wife into the furniture causing a laceration requiring stitches. His wife said it wasn’t the first time.

He may feel regret, he may not. I’m not saying he does or doesn’t. I’m saying that there’s been nowhere near enough public actions to show he has regrets over some pretty heinous behavior.

Please link for me anything whatsoever he’s done, in words or in actions, to say that he’s sorry/reformed enough to deserve “forgiveness”.

I’ll wait.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Coffee

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
So what are the Kings asking for if they're trading away his rights?

Who knows, They seem to be waiting to see if he is reinstated before showing their intentions.

Can one of the cap / contract geeks explain what happens if he is allowed back. Do LA have to absorb 4mill or whatever his cap hit was until he is traded (or isn't) or does he re negotiate a contact?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Who knows, They seem to be waiting to see if he is reinstated before showing their intentions.

Can one of the cap / contract geeks explain what happens if he is allowed back. Do LA have to absorb 4mill or whatever his cap hit was until he is traded (or isn't) or does he re negotiate a contact?

He'd have to be signed to a new contract with either the Kings or anyone else. The Kings own his rights and there is no contract in place.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

IMO the only person he need to show he deserves forgiveness to is his wife.

Everything else is a charade for pubic opinion to placate the angry mob.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
He'd have to be signed to a new contract with either the Kings or anyone else. The Kings own his rights and there is no contract in place.

Hypothetically if he is allowed back and the Kings don't sign or trade him does he become a UFA next year? or the year after?

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Hypothetically if he is allowed back and the Kings don't sign or trade him does he become a UFA next year? or the year after?

It's my understanding that Voynov is considered voluntarily retired. This is like the Kovalchuk situation. Voynov would have to sit out for a full year from hockey or he would have to get the approval of all 31 teams to declare him a UFA. Or he would have to reach age 35.

Reactions: King Trouty

neXis

Jan 3, 2016
If I were the NHL I would ban Voynov for 15 years. I know that is super harsh, and unlikely, but they need to send a message to future wife beaters out there - DV will not be tolerated. That's if the NHL had any guts and wasn't a boys club. Any team that brings him in, including the Kings, deserves the backlash they have coming.

Reactions: Kuola

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
If I were the NHL I would ban Voynov for 15 years. I know that is super harsh, and unlikely, but they need to send a message to future wife beaters out there - DV will not be tolerated. That's if the NHL had any guts and wasn't a boys club. Any team that brings him in, including the Kings, deserves the backlash they have coming.

No matter what team signs him, he'll barely be a blip on the media's radar for more than a few days.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
What a clown show its like people pointing finger at Voynov and saying look here is the bad man. It's like they watched Scarface way to much and think he is Tony Montana! Do not know the guy personally but man is he getting targeted.

Reactions: Confucius

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

As far as his personal life is concerned, absolutely. As far as asking said angry mob to pay for the tickets and paraphernalia that fund his multimillion dollar salary,...he needs to prove it to them too.

For the record, I’m not the one who brought “forgiveness” into the conversation, I’m the one who called people out for saying others were somehow deficient for not wanting to forgive Voynov.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
What a clown show its like people pointing finger at Voynov and saying look here is the bad man. It's like they watched Scarface way to much and think he is Tony Montana! Do not know the guy personally but man is he getting targeted.
People still have a witch hunt, lynch mob mentality. My guess is so they can point and say look there is someone worse than me. Someone gets accused everyone believes the person is guilty. A guilty person can never reform, is the mentality almost all people have. People like to read bad news about others, the "boy are you in trouble" phrase comes to mind. I guess it makes them feel better about themselves.

Reactions: connormcmuffin

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
If I were the NHL I would ban Voynov for 15 years.

2 years would be sufficient to end his career, if non-play professionally elsewhere was a condition of fulfillment.

2 years out of hockey, followed by the Kings sitting on his rights for a year waiting for a "sufficient offer" because they suffered penalties (carried cap hit until his contract was voided), competitive disadvantages (loss of a key player), and embarrassment from his conduct at a team function means no return is likely possible, but without the issues that complicate a lifetime ban.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

When you are a public entity in a multi-million dollar corporation and your name is put on merchandise that people can buy, there is a different standard.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

I believe on the round table the mayor suggested they could get him for 3 million a year which means they would be redoing his deal

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If you hadn't noticed, everyone here has intimately followed Voynovs life since moving back to Russia. They know he hasnt completed his mandated sentence and required hours , they know his wife is only with him and having children with him because if physical threats/ BWS, etc.

Sure feels that way, sheesh.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Some of you need to put down the pitch forks. Voyonov has paid a steeper penalty than Dan Heatley ffs
Hes paid his price and deserves a 2nd chance but I know you saints are all perfect
(For the record Ive never hit a woman nor condone it)

Reactions: tny760

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Voynov's value as an NHL player is demonstrably nil. The league did just suspend Watson for a domestic abuse arrest. This might be an opportunity for Voynov to argue his case and cite precedent?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad