Slava Trukhno

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
He's probably one of my favourite players in the Q' this season. I love his work ethic and physicality. He's adjusted very well to the North American game.

Brought a physical component with him that is not seen in many European imports in this league. Probably one of the better power-forwards in the Maritime Division this season. His work ethic down low is incredible, always working hard in the corners and behind the net.

Another thing that I've been impressed with is his puck-handling ability. Forgive the cliché, but Truhno could stickhandle in a phonebooth. He's made some defenses look sick with some fancy moves and pretty goals. And to complement it, he's shown great vision as well, so he's not just keeping the puck to himself all of the time. Though sometimes with the Rocket... well, we'll leave that well alone. ;)

Great pick-up for the Rocket. I can see him going in the top three rounds.

Roholte

Jun 17, 2004
Denmark
Thanks a lot. :)

Great to hear that he's adjusted so well. I really hope he makes it all the way to the NHL some day.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
Awesome find for the Rocket. A tremendous talent. Reminds me so much of Pavel Bure. He does everything well, good skater, great stickhandler (as was previously mentioned), outstanding work ethic, throws the body well, good passer, and can put the puck in the net when he has the chance. He and Bureau work great together on the Rocket top line.

Had 2 more goals last night against Cape Breton, making D-man Adam Pardy look stupid on the empty net goal he scored. He chased Pardy around the net and just as he was about to head man the puck, Trukhno had a last burst of speed to lift Pardy's stick, stripping him of the puck and leaving him standing alone with a yawning cage to shoot at.

He has just been selected to participate in the Top Prospects game in Vancouver next week so he will be able to showcase his talents on a national stage. I just hope he has a good game and plays well. He doesn't have too many off games in the Q.

Definately a top 3 round pick, but I would definately take a chance on him in the second round if I were a GM. Should be on the Russian World Junior squad next season.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
He's pretty inconsistent with his physical play and the Bure comparison might be
tad overdone,but he's a pretty good prospect.

Roholte

Jun 17, 2004
Denmark
I'm pretty sure that he isn't a Danish citizen yet, and I'm not sure whether he'll ever become one. He's lived in Denmark most of his life, I believe. His father, Leonid, has played in the Danish league for more than 10 years, and the two of them played together for the Cobras for a couple of years (Slava made the team as a 15-year old).

He originally planned to get a Danish citizenship when he's 18, but it's not going to be easy for a Russian living in Canada to get one. And it might be better for his career if he remains a Russian. But I don't know what his, or his family's, plans are now.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
Roholte said:
I'm pretty sure that he isn't a Danish citizen yet, and I'm not sure whether he'll ever become one. He's lived in Denmark most of his life, I believe. His father, Leonid, has played in the Danish league for more than 10 years, and the two of them played together for the Cobras for a couple of years (Slava made the team as a 15-year old).

He originally planned to get a Danish citizenship when he's 18, but it's not going to be easy for a Russian living in Canada to get one. And it might be better for his career if he remains a Russian. But I don't know what his, or his family's, plans are now.

Thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad