Slava Truhkno

Status
Not open for further replies.

highstickingyerface

Mar 5, 2004
eastern canada
This guy is the real deal. I don't know how he fell into our hands at the import draft.. I don't know where he was ranked coming into this season but the guy has crazy skills and is destined to be a scoring star in the Q for the next 2-3 years. He is also a very smart player.. anticipates things ahead of the other players on the ice.. his weakness may be a tendency to overpass the puck (but what a passer he is) instead of taking the shot himself.. I think he'll balance this out as the year progresses.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
highstickingyerface said:
This guy is the real deal. I don't know how he fell into our hands at the import draft.. I don't know where he was ranked coming into this season but the guy has crazy skills and is destined to be a scoring star in the Q for the next 2-3 years. He is also a very smart player.. anticipates things ahead of the other players on the ice.. his weakness may be a tendency to overpass the puck (but what a passer he is) instead of taking the shot himself.. I think he'll balance this out as the year progresses.

Couldn't agree more. He is an amazing player. Should have had the hat trick on Wed night but he fanned on a one timer in the 2nd period. This was the first game I saw him play this year, besides the home opener when he played all but 1 minute due to an injury, and boy was I impressed. The best player on the ice.

At the beginning of the year my thoughts were that the Rocket would not have enuff firepower to compete with Moncton and Halifax, but with Laiberte's hot start, along with Truhkno, and a few others, they are pretty balanced up front. Another guy that could score 15 -20 goals definately would complete this team. They were in shut down mode the other night against the Tigres and their team defense just smothered them.

Back to Truhkno tho, we did get a steal here in the import draft. Codoos to the scouting staff for the Rocket overseas. :handclap:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
With Truhno, Madsen, and Starkov, this'll be a pretty good draft for Danes. Could this be the year we see one go in the first round? You never know...

highstickingyerface

Mar 5, 2004
eastern canada
I actually thought our offense would be ok this year (of course I also thought Urquhart would be back) but was concerned about the d. So far the D has been great... the O just fair.. but Slava gives us a legit scoring line that is a threat everytime they are on the ice.

Laliberte has been impressive thus far as well... too bad Lapierre couldn't chip in a bit more

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
highstickingyerface said:
I actually thought our offense would be ok this year (of course I also thought Urquhart would be back) but was concerned about the d. So far the D has been great... the O just fair.. but Slava gives us a legit scoring line that is a threat everytime they are on the ice.

Laliberte has been impressive thus far as well... too bad Lapierre couldn't chip in a bit more

Ya, Lapierre is a great player for the Rocket, but not offensively. He is more of a grinder and will pot the odd goal. When he did score last season, he was playing on Lambert and Urquhart's line. He would be a perfect fit as a 2nd line center playing with 2 skilled players. Bonneau just doesn't cut it on that top line with him, but Laliberte will give that line some punch.

The D has been magnificent thus far and hopefully they can keep it up in front of the goaltending, cause we all know that the goaltending is there and it is solid! Dave MacDonald has been impressive on the backline, a great late round selection in the Midget draft.

A couple of big games this weekend for them with the Remparts and Sags in town.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Seachd said:
With Truhno, Madsen, and Starkov, this'll be a pretty good draft for Danes. Could this be the year we see one go in the first round? You never know...

Yes it is going to be a good draft for us... :handclap: and we also got Peter Regin...he is one of the best...

looking forward to the draft :banana:

mole

May 7, 2002
Top line, baby
Visit site
I'm not sure Starkov counts as a dane.. and it's not entirely certain Truhno will, either.. Although both are certainly danish-trained up to about age 17.

It's odd to hear you say that Truhno overpasses.. he has had a reputation for the completely opposite over here, being a puckhog and always taking the shots himself..

But good to hear that he's doing well and impressing :)

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
everybody from PEI i have talked to says that he over-pass...but you are right mole..

by the way mole...where are you living? i heard something about a dane called mole on the fhockey board...i assume that's you ?

mole

May 7, 2002
Top line, baby
Visit site
Yeah, I guess that's me. I think my username is 'lome' there, though. Long story.
I'm in Hillerød, although I used to live in Hørsholm and go to Rungsted games.. I also played soccer with Slava when I was younger :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad