Slats432 Mock

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
This was fun. I have followed this draft fairly close because the Oilers were sucking yet again. Here goes....

1. :devilsJack Hughes: He's number one wire to wire for me.
2.:rangersKaappo Kakko: Tremendous skill and could be more NHL ready than Hughes.
3.:hawksAlex Turcotte: The Hawks need help for their aging core. Here's the start.
4.:avsBowen Byram: I think they would have loved to take Turcotte. Byram is the BPA here.
5.:kingsKirby Dach: Skilled Centre will be ready in a season or so to develop under Kopitar.
6.:wingsCole Caufield: Excited to get a guy that scored in bushels.
7.:sabresDylan Cozens: Sabres take a speedy forward with size. Can play C or W.
8.:edmontonTrevor Zegras: Throwing Broberg's name around but Holland saw a ton of USNTDP.
9.:ducks2Mathew Boldy: Great skill. Great value.
10.:nucksPhillip Broberg: Already have a good pipeline of young F. Broberg joins Hughes on D.
11.:flyersPeyton Krebs: Hoping the Achilles is not too serious.
12.:wildVasili Podkolkin: Wild get a very skilled competitive player here.
13.:panthersArthur Kaliyev: Opting for scoring out of OHL.
14.:coyotesSpencer Knight: Thin goaltending pipeline. They are hoping for a star.
15.:habsRaphael Lavoie: Make no mistake, if the BPA is a French Canadian, they will factor it in.
16.:avsAlex Newhook: MacKinnon lite. Speed to burn and skill too.
17.:vegasVictor Soderstrom: Ranked higher by many, happy to see him fall.
18.:starsCam York: Great two way dman.
19.:sensPhillip Tomasino: I have heard several say he is going to be a steal.
20.:jetsMoritz Seider: Oh look, a RHD.
21.:pensRyan Suzuki: Smart skilled player to add to Pens C depth.
22.:kingsThomas Harley: Smart, mobile, skilled.
23.:islesJakub Pelletier: Tons of skill. Tons of compete.
24.:nashvilleSamuel Poulin: Who doesn't need a guy with a quick release?
25.:capsVille Heinola: Skilled dman will need to develop.
26.:flamesBrett Leason: Tempted to go with Brink here but Flames opt for the bullish Leason.
27.:boltsBobby Brink: Skill, compete. Will take a bit to develop as well.
28.:canesConnor McMichael: Need to improve forward skill. He's their guy.
29.:ducksPatrick Puistola: Speed and skill, good combo for aging Ducks.
30.:bruinsEgor Afanaseyev: Big skilled winger. Was him or Legare....went with the Russian.
31.:sabresMatthew Robertson: Big mobile blueliner. Injuries have him dropped but still a 1st rounder.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I’d love if that’s how it worked out for the Oilers.
It is similar to my personal top 8 for the Oilers. I want them to stay away from Caufield, Podkolzin and Krebs. (Not because they aren't good players, just ones with more obvious question marks.)

My picks ranks for EDM are

Hughes
Kakko
Byram
Turcotte
Dach
Zegras
Cozens
Boldy

OB5

May 2, 2015
Honestly there are more than 5 players I would take before Lavoie at 15 for Montreal.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Honestly there are more than 5 players I would take before Lavoie at 15 for Montreal.
Wanting a French Canadian player cost the Habs Sergachev. Lavoie is in their range. I wouldn't pick Lavoie here but they would have to consider him.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Wanting a French Canadian player cost the Habs Sergachev. Lavoie is in their range. I wouldn't pick Lavoie here but they would have to consider him.

Geeze on that first comment. Major geeze.

Why would they have to consider him? Because he's French Canadian they HAVE to consider him?

That's so ridiculous and lazy man...but sure lean into it.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
As someone who was a Habs fan for many years I believe there is a cultural importance for the Habs to have French players. Would I have taken Lavoie if the Habs drafted 10? No. But the player is within a couple of their range and is a good pick there. It makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad