Injury Report: Slater Koekkoek

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
And sadly Samorukov is now out for the season too.

He wasn't with the Oilers but I thought that come playoff time he might have emerged as the 6th or 7th D-man.

Reactions: MessierII

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
And sadly Samorukov is now out for the season too.

He wasn't with the Oilers but I thought that come playoff time he might have emerged as the 6th or 7th D-man.
Sad, but he had to go through the Oilers initiation ritual of suffering a serious injury, in order to eventually head up to the big club. At least it's over and done with now.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Trade for Bennett, put him under during medical evals and then do a collarbone transplant.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Lennstrom recalled.

I hear he's pretty tough but just his picture is enough to scare opposition forwards off the ice. Rats beware.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Russell has played in 60% of the Oilers games and has been getting about 18 minutes a game when he does play.

Yes, that is limited use.

What do you mean?
He means when Russell is out there, hes preventing McDavid from scoring because his puck movement is so shit.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Screw that. Target other guys like Gaudreau.

no one finishes their checks on him for some reason, every time he turns around and does a button hook there’s an opportunity to run him over.

like Kassian on Mackinnon last year

This is exactly it. You want Bennet and ratboy to stop, then hit and hurt the guys that actually matter on the team. Gaudreau is an easy target since he's small, and there best scorer. He shouldn't leave any BOA without lots of bruises, at a minimum. Then throw pucks on net and attack Markstrom...HARD! Feel any pressure from behind, fall on the goalie. Let's see how the flames play without Gaudreau and Markstrom in the lineup and let's see if the team lets these rats continue to run around knowing that good players are getting hurt b/c of it.

Reactions: Porkleaker

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Lennstrom recalled.

I hear he's pretty tough but just his picture is enough to scare opposition forwards off the ice. Rats beware.

Just looked for myself. He looks like Kassian's evil twin who was just sentenced to 25 years to life.

Here's hoping he can bring the intimidating toughness factor that this team has missed since Lucic left. /sarcasm

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
This is exactly it. You want Bennet and ratboy to stop, then hit and hurt the guys that actually matter on the team. Gaudreau is an easy target since he's small, and there best scorer. He shouldn't leave any BOA without lots of bruises, at a minimum. Then throw pucks on net and attack Markstrom...HARD! Feel any pressure from behind, fall on the goalie. Let's see how the flames play without Gaudreau and Markstrom in the lineup and let's see if the team lets these rats continue to run around knowing that good players are getting hurt b/c of it.

I agree but part of the problem is the Oilers toughness is for the most part ‘functional’ or at least more valuable. Having Nurse or Larsson out for 5 mins for a good huge hit (that the inconsistent refs label otherwise) leaves us worse off than the Flames losing Bennett, Lucic etc for the same time.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I agree but part of the problem is the Oilers toughness is for the most part ‘functional’ or at least more valuable. Having Nurse or Larsson out for 5 mins for a good huge hit (that the inconsistent refs label otherwise) leaves us worse off than the Flames losing Bennett, Lucic etc for the same time.
If Kassian makes that hit, I guarantee he gets tossed from the game for some reason.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Just looked for myself. He looks like Kassian's evil twin who was just sentenced to 25 years to life.

Here's hoping he can bring the intimidating toughness factor that this team has missed since Lucic left. /sarcasm

Exactly.

The team needs some intimidators like Lucic, the rat and Kneeordano.

Gonna attempt to injure others? We'll do the same for you.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012

For context... Team picture or RCMP mugshot? You decide:

images

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012

Archi, Kassian, Khaira and to a lesser extent Shore, Turris...these guys should be doing this work. Especially Kassian.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Archi, Kassian, Khaira and to a lesser extent Shore, Turris...these guys should be doing this work. Especially Kassian.

Agreed but some caveats. Khaira fought Bennett the face off after the hit in Koekkoek, Archibald leads the team in hits (at least I’m pretty sure), Kassian needs to pick his battles better (I think the game could have gone the other way if he was in and getting rattled by Ratboy), Shore could probably step up and regarding Turris that will never happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad