Speculation: Slater Koekkoek, Adam Erne, or Danick Martel available?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Cooper made an interesting comment the other day, saying that Cernak has made the team but there is a difference between making the team and being in the lineup.

When Joseph returns from injury shortly, someone will have to go to make room. I take Coopers comments to mean that Cernak won't be the one sent down, so one of these three could possibly be dealt to avoid losing to waivers for nothing.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I’d be interested in Erne from a Rangers POV for sure
Could be a real good bottom 6er for us, what would it take?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I’d be interested in Erne from a Rangers POV for sure
Could be a real good bottom 6er for us, what would it take?

I know I am contradicting myself but I assume we waive Martel before we trade Erne honestly. He's the least likely to go of the three, I threw him into the mix because he's a frequent scratch, but I doubt we trade him without accomplishing something else. I don't know what the something else is.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I want to keep Erne. I’d definitely take a pick for Koekkoek or Martel. 3rd for Koek maybe? 4th for martel?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Erne will be kept around for the sake of next year when we're gonna need cheap replacements.

I expect to put Martel through waivers before the end of the year. Might get claimed, might not. I don't believe he's an NHL caliber player.

Koekkoek has actually played well this year, but his path to the lineup got even harder with the emergence of Cernak. He's now a #8. I would normally want to wait to trade him, but he's going to be literally worth a 6th or 7th rounder if he's played 15 games by the TDL or the off-season. Whereas, right now, he might net a 3rd.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I'd take a pic for Koekkoek. Need to keep Erne because of his contract and he's effective at a cheap cost. Martel will be waived, so maybe someone picks him up. Highly doubtful since we picked him up on waivers when we were near the top of the league.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
C'mon folks, let's got those Danick Martel offers in ASAP before the roster freeze.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Why would Martel have any value?

Pickup up on waivers by a team picking near the back, and has played 1 NHL game this year. So it's not like he increased his value.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Why would Martel have any value?

Pickup up on waivers by a team picking near the back, and has played 1 NHL game this year. So it's not like he increased his value.

I thought when you pick a guy off of waivers you can't trade him for a year unless you offer that player back to the original team first(for nothing)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad