Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
44254460_1928626717223709_5840358572925956505_n.jpg
I don't care where

Reactions: Machinehead

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
No way he’s dealt . He’s better in a 2nd LD role but nothing’s rests behind him yet

Let All the kids develop and keep Skjei

Smith , Staal , Claesson are the stop gaps for a few more years

Reactions: slg1963

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No way he’s dealt . He’s better in a 2nd LD role but nothing’s rests behind him yet

Let All the kids develop and keep Skjei

Smith , Staal , Claesson are the stop gaps for a few more years

nope, they're ready enuf now, and it is not like holding them out makes them immune from exp draft.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
polite decline on Drouin

yes, he has some legit sniper ability, but very incomplete, do not see any defense.
Would be Quinn's chateau bow wow ALL the time.

not worth it

plus, prefer pick
get ahead of the exp draft

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think you’ll find that debatable, most Habs fans want JD gone, want a legitimate Top 4 LHD and still want a 1st rounder. I don’t think Drouin or 15 OA straight up gets Skjei, great if it does but I think we need to add

Most Habs fans want Drouin to realize his potential while playing on the Habs. He produced a career high 53 points playing 2/3 of the season. He has massive offensive potential. His 2-way game is abysmal and the question is whether his lack of defense is worse than his potent offense. I think he will put it together over the next year or so. Julien foreced him to concentrate on D over the last 1/3 of the season and Drouin struggled doing so.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Even with Drouin's season-end struggles, I wouldn't trade him for Skjei.

I'm actually not sold on Skjei enough to take on that contract.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Skeji vs 3rd Round 2019 + 3rd Round pick 2020 + 1 or 2 of Vedjemo/Evans/Walford/Tyszka + Can throw in the right for Hudon, Rilley, Olofsson or McCarron.
Or
Skeji + 3rd Round pick 2019 vs 2nd Round 2019 (MTL) + 3rd Round pick 2020 + 1 or 2 of Vedjemo/Evans/Walford/Tyszka + Can throw in the right for Hudon, Rilley, Olofsson or McCarron.

Can add a winger to work a deal.
I'm open to sweet up my offer if NYR retain salary.
I'm open to counter offers but would start with this.

Pass

Reactions: slg1963

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
What would be a fair trade for you?

I'm of the opinion that Skjei is a 3/4 defender.
I think the value of that exceeds what you offered.
None of the assets you offered move the needle for me as the right currency in exchange for Skjei.
If I am NY and am interested in moving Skjei, I'm likely targeting a 1st.......with obvious add(s) from our side.

Reactions: bernmeister

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
I'm of the opinion that Skjei is a 3/4 defender.
I think the value of that exceeds what you offered.
None of the assets you offered move the needle for me as the right currency in exchange for Skjei.
If I am NY and am interested in moving Skjei, I'm likely targeting a 1st.......with obvious add(s) from our side.
What kind of adds are we talking? I would not trade the number15 pick for Skeji one vs one. Maybe if it was between 25-31. And 2 2nd Round pick is also a bit rich.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Is there a trade that you have ever proposed that has become reality? Just asking.

I correctly said Stepan was overrated, and should have been traded while his production was the ballpark same and his salary was lower.
When we finally did move on, we were lucky to get what got from AZ, and I was among the first of a small group that said if he went to the 'yotes, we'd get something along the lines of what we got, best case scenario.

However, it is not exclusively all about predicting what moves actually get made.
It is also about suggesting deals/moves that should get made.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
As a Rangers fan, I'm definitely not doing that.

depends on who is on the board, only as a fallback position

in a vacuum I agree it's very pricey, and I'd prefer other options to use Skjei as a sweetener allowing us to otherwise purpose Jets' 1st. However, a lot depends on who Gorto likes and who is there.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Skjei + WPG's 1st for the 15OA?

If we don't like other separate deals, I'd ask for
15OA + Juulsen
for
Skjei + WPG 1st
and conditional pick in 2 years IF Juulsen satisfactorily healed and demonstrating ______ amount of production and availability

We are all pulling for Juulsen, and am happy to hear there is new optimism he recovers from face/eye issues critical to depth perception. The conditional, assuming we agree on what that is, should be fair.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
depends on who is on the board, only as a fallback position

in a vacuum I agree it's very pricey, and I'd prefer other options to use Skjei as a sweetener allowing us to otherwise purpose Jets' 1st. However, a lot depends on who Gorto likes and who is there.

You want to give up Brady Skjei to move up what is looking like 4 or 5 spots?

Nah.

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
If we don't like other separate deals, I'd ask for
15OA + Juulsen
for
Skjei + WPG 1st
and conditional pick in 2 years IF Juulsen satisfactorily healed and demonstrating ______ amount of production and availability

We are all pulling for Juulsen, and am happy to hear there is new optimism he recovers from face/eye issues critical to depth perception. The conditional, assuming we agree on what that is, should be
Sorry but I would pass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->