Speculation: Skinner and the 1stOA

tpeg1

Aug 12, 2011
Was just thinking if we do win the lottery and get Hughes how do we think it will affect how Botts approaches Skinners contract.
Does he still move forward with the long term contract or changes direction and rides it longer knowing what he will have to do in years to come with all the Contracts to the kids.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Just like last year with Dahlin, all the more reason to keep or build as much talent as we can. Sign Skinner. Draft who you want. Trade for more talent.

End the farce.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
If the Sabres win the lotto they will have their pick of any coach they want.

That seems like a bizarre statement considering we had Eichel and Babcock walked off to a team that didn't have Matthews yet.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Skinner isn't re-signing here. at best you might get a 5th for him so a another team can talk contract first.

Skinner would have signed by now if he was staying.

And the Sabres shouldn't even throw big money at him just to get him to stay. every time the Sabres overpay, they get stuck with Moulson, Okposo, Leino, Ehrhoff, Hodgson.

Reactions: stokes84

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
Skinner isn't re-signing here. at best you might get a 5th for him so a another team can talk contract first.

Skinner would have signed by now if he was staying.

And the Sabres shouldn't even throw big money at him just to get him to stay. every time the Sabres overpay, they get stuck with Moulson, Okposo, Leino, Ehrhoff, Hodgson.

if Skinner wants 9.. let him walk.. max I'd pay is 7

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
if Skinner wants 9.. let him walk.. max I'd pay is 7
Not sure it’s that cut and dry .. He seems connected to the players genuinely.. He waits if the changes that need to occur do .. phil? The lineup? We unfortunately have to wait to see if his and cpn jack sudden ability to hit the goalie every time is reminiscent of Fred Smerlas Hank Bullough as a statement to mgmt... they aren’t this bad.. I only have a feeling but way more is going on injuries included since Florida trip and to trade deadline and now.. We’ll see.. To many press hints on skinner staying have been dripping when he should hit free agency unless everyone is angling for their brighter pastures next year with and without etc.. fascinating.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Can't wait for the soap opera. This summer is a big one.

Yes I’m paying attention but I feel so used and abused...? I’m Pejorative Slured . yes that’s it .. by all the flouride (Prozac) heavy metals and pollutants in the water , I can’t see or smell them and all bottled has traces covered by flavor enhancers and gmo s upsetting my stomach flora and glyphosate swelling my brain ... but the sabres are pissing me off the most ....and playing me for a chump on my day 4/1 and every other day ... is this mutiny on the bounty .. or is it a remake and someone is capt queeg..
Who are the mutineers..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rasmi

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
alright, that's a reasonable stance to take

and that is the opposite of reasonable.

He's a not above James Van Riemsdyk, same type of player. I'd go to $7.75M x six years. He can have his NMC close for three and then it's modified NTC for last three.

WYFR

StanleyCupSabres
Nov 3, 2011
North Carolina
Is OP actually Terry Pegula and after hiring questionable management repeatedly now turning to the HF community to help run the Sabres?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad