Dreger: Skinner a Plan B for teams that miss out on Tavares?

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Anybody who thinks a LW is Plan B to a center needs to learn how to plan better.

Bergevin-1.jpg

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
I would think ROR would be the plan B for CENTERS. Skinner is great if you a team that needs scoring but you still need a Center. The Blues for example could getting Skinner but they would still have to sign a Brozak at the same time.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I think that the idea is that teams don't want to make a move that eats up their cap space until they know what is happening with Tavares. Even if you don't need a centre, you will still want Tavares as a UFA. Once that is settled, then teams will be more open to improve other areas as well.

Reactions: Blueston

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I would think ROR would be the plan B for CENTERS. Skinner is great if you a team that needs scoring but you still need a Center. The Blues for example could getting Skinner but they would still have to sign a Brozak at the same time.

Why couldn’t the Blues trade for ROR as plan B instead of signing Bozak?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
To trade for OReilly would mean moving good young assets like Kyrou or Thomas whereas getting Bozak doesn’t cost anything off the team.

Wouldn’t cost Thomas, but I would much rather put a package together for ROR. He’s 6 yrs younger and much better. He fits the age of the current core much better.

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
Why couldn’t the Blues trade for ROR as plan B instead of signing Bozak?

It's all about what you will have to give up. ROR would be great to have but would blowing up your prospects that could make the team great for many years with depth worth it. Bozak would be like signing having Paul Satsney back, very much the same kind of Center. The plus side is not giving up Thomas and Kryou. Unless you can make a deal for ROR that isn't giving up Thomas and Kryou, this maybe what they have to deal with but they still would need to bring in a scorer on top of it.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
It's all about what you will have to give up. ROR would be great to have but would blowing up your prospects that could make the team great for many years with depth worth it. Bozak would be like signing having Paul Satsney back, very much the same kind of Center. The plus side is not giving up Thomas and Kryou. Unless you can make a deal for ROR that isn't giving up Thomas and Kryou, this maybe what they have to deal with but they still would need to bring in a scorer on top of it.

Do you think Kyrou + 2019 1st + Berglund (he’ll help replace ROR at center) would be enough for ROR?

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
Do you think Kyrou + 2019 1st + Berglund (he’ll help replace ROR at center) would be enough for ROR?

I think that would be a fair offer. As much as I would hate to trade Kyrou who will be a stud. It better than trading Colton who everyone seems to want to trade, when they don't really have the depth on defense as people act like we do. I mean half the the defense are free agents after next season. Two season from now Petro comes up. Colton is a big piece of the core in defense. As I said in other threads. Moving Colton for a Center just moves you be need. You get your center but than you create a big hole in defense.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->