Skills recap CHL Prospect Game

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/?page=232&id_nouvelle=1326

Not a lot of details but the most important parts are:

Team Burns/Bergeron beat team Bowman/Demers

Hardest Shot: Kevin Veilleux and Keaton Ellerby (95.6 miles)

Fastest skater: Akim Aliu (14.828 sec.)

Shooting accuracy: Patrick Kane (4 targets in 5 shots)

Best Goalie: Linden Rowat (Fewest goals allowed overall)

That was in front of the crowd but seems that the CSS made their own skill testing prior to the skills comp. and the results were:

Hardest Shot: Kevin Veilleux

Fastest Skater: Bryan Cameron

Greatest agility: Patrick Kane

turnbuckle*

Ellerby finished tied with Keven Veilleux of the Victoriaville Tigres in the hardest shot competition, with both posting blasts of 95.6 miles an hour. In a one-shot playoff, Ellerby's shot registered 94.2 and Veilleux managed only 92.8.

"Everyone tells me I should shoot more," said Ellerby. "So now that I've done something with it, maybe I'll start listening to them.

"I'll shoot more now."

Aliu's tour of the ice in 14.828 seconds easily won the fastest skater event. His Red teammate Jacob Voracek of the Halifax Mooseheads was second in 15.004 seconds while the quickest White team skater was Nick Spaling of the Kitchener Rangers at 15.012.

The White team of Brett Sonne of the Calgary Hitmen, Maxim Gratchev of the Rimouski Oceanic and Michal Repik of the Vancouver Giants won the skating slalom event. But Red team member Stegan Legein of the Mississauga Ice Dogs beat Oscar Moller of the Chilliwack Bruins in a 1-on-1 race with the puck through the pylons.

The White squad trio of Patrick Kane of the London Knights, Brett MacLean of the Oshawa Generals and Brandon Sutter of the Red Deer Rebels captured the team target shoot, nailing 10 targets on 23 shots. Zach Hamill of the Everett Silvertips, David Skokan of the Rimouski Oceanic and Eric Doyle of the Swift Current Broncos managed seven targets on their 23 shots for the Red side.

The Reds were better in a rapid-fire penalty shot competition - the only event in which local star Angelo Esposito of the Quebec Remparts took part. Esposito scored on the final shot against Linden Rowat of the Regina Pats.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I never knew Akim had such good wheels. Considering his size and offensive ability he could easily be a first rounder.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Those fastest skater times seems pretty slow, any reason for that? Also why wasnt Esposito in the fastest skater competition?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I noticed that Kane's agility was something noted during the WJC's. While not a burner in the traditional sense, he is very elusive which I think will help him a great deal at the next level. Guys like Gionta and St. Louis, although tiny just don't get hit very often because they can wriggle out of danger. I see that ability in Kane.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Those fastest skater times seems pretty slow, any reason for that? Also why wasnt Esposito in the fastest skater competition?

Not sure but didn't read somewhere that he wasn't there 'cause he was sick, but that he would still be there for the game.

radir

Jul 31, 2005

Esposito is currently sick... I heard he spent most of tuesday seeing doctors...

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Whitesnake said:
http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/?page=232&id_nouvelle=1326

Not a lot of details but the most important parts are:

Team Burns/Bergeron beat team Bowman/Demers

Hardest Shot: Kevin Veilleux and Keaton Ellerby (95.6 miles)

Fastest skater: Akim Aliu (14.828 sec.)

Shooting accuracy: Patrick Kane (4 targets in 5 shots)

Best Goalie: Linden Rowat (Fewest goals allowed overall)

That was in front of the crowd but seems that the CSS made their own skill testing prior to the skills comp. and the results were:

Hardest Shot: Kevin Veilleux

Fastest Skater: Bryan Cameron

Greatest agility: Patrick Kane

Is there a box score from the game, or the results of the skills testing on all the players, published anywhere?

P_B

:bb:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad