Skille Vs. Stoa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Skille all day. He's skilled and a more complete player. Will play both ends of the ice and isn't afraid to mix it up. A true power winger. The times I've seen Stoa, he's looked soft and scared.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Skille is also a centre. And an even more skilled centre than Stoa. Stoa is good, and will probably end up in mid 1st round but Skille will go higher.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
MaDdY said:
Skille is also a centre. And an even more skilled centre than Stoa. Stoa is good, and will probably end up in mid 1st round but Skille will go higher.

I agree with this. Skille is a much better stickhandler, and a bit better playmaker, but Stoa is bigger and a slightly more physical.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Both are pretty solid prospects and they bring similar packages. But still, I think it depends on needs. Skille is the complete package, as he's solid at both ends, hard-working and has good size. I see Stoa more as an elite offensive talent that doesn't bring the same kind of defensive game and hard-work that Skille brings to the game, although he has shown more determination lately according to many scouts. And I must that with his 6-3, 200 pounds frame, he's a very intriguing prospect... that's why I'd rather have my team to pick Stoa.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
I agree with this. Skille is a much better stickhandler, and a bit better playmaker, but Stoa is bigger and a slightly more physical.

I had actually heard Skille was grittier and yet you seem to say Stoa is. I'd like to hear Steblick or the Sharksfan guy on this...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
borro said:
I had actually heard Skille was grittier and yet you seem to say Stoa is. I'd like to hear Steblick or the Sharksfan guy on this...

Yeah, there seems to be alot of differences in opinion regarding these guys (which is why I started the thread). Has anyone else seen enough USNDTP games to be able to comare the two? :help:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
rt said:
Yeah, there seems to be alot of differences in opinion regarding these guys (which is why I started the thread). Has anyone else seen enough USNDTP games to be able to comare the two? :help:

I went to the U 18 game last night against the Toledo Icediggers. Based on the one game and with no previous knowledge of the two players, I would take Stoa.

He spent most of the time w/ Kessel and outside of Kessel and Johnson (who only played 30 minutes due to a butt kicking that he handed out), I thought he was the 3rd best player on the ice. He has great speed and acceleration and was able to get infront of the defenders and use his body to shield the Dman in order to create a scoring chance.

Skille was interesting. He played in front of the net on the PP, and was a beast. But I didn't notice him near as much as Stoa. Stoa just seemed to due more w/ the puck. I would also look at Bailey over Skille, based on this one game.

As far as the D side of things, when Kessel and Stoa were on the ice, they were able to move the puck out very well and create rushes. It was really too hard D play due to lack of the puck being in their end when those two were out there.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Frenzy1 said:
I went to the U 18 game last night against the Toledo Icediggers. Based on the one game and with no previous knowledge of the two players, I would take Stoa.

He spent most of the time w/ Kessel and outside of Kessel and Johnson (who only played 30 minutes due to a butt kicking that he handed out), I thought he was the 3rd best player on the ice. He has great speed and acceleration and was able to get infront of the defenders and use his body to shield the Dman in order to create a scoring chance.

Skille was interesting. He played in front of the net on the PP, and was a beast. But I didn't notice him near as much as Stoa. Stoa just seemed to due more w/ the puck. I would also look at Bailey over Skille, based on this one game.

As far as the D side of things, when Kessel and Stoa were on the ice, they were able to move the puck out very well and create rushes. It was really too hard D play due to lack of the puck being in their end when those two were out there.

It doesn't hurt that Stoa was playing with Kessel.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Mobey said:
It doesn't hurt that Stoa was playing with Kessel.

I agree, but he did hold his own. It wasn't like Kessel did it all himself. Finished a nice 2 on 1 w/ Kessel and created atleast 3 scoring chance on his own.

Like I said, one game... but I would take Stoa.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Frenzy1 said:
I agree, but he did hold his own. It wasn't like Kessel did it all himself. Finished a nice 2 on 1 w/ Kessel and created atleast 3 scoring chance on his own.

Like I said, one game... but I would take Stoa.

What was the score of the game by the way? Who scored for the US? Thanks.

A Good Flying Bird*

rt said:
Who would you take for your team, and why?

You gotta like Stoa, at 6'3. But Skille seems to have the mindset of a powerforward, whereas Stoa plays like a Victor Kozlov type of center.
I like Skille. He crashes the net. He streaks down the wings. He loves to hit.
I give this one to Skille, fairly easily.

A Good Flying Bird*

Legionnaire said:

I've seen both guys play about a dozen games this season, and I don't see how anyone can say Stoa is more physical. The opposite is true.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Newsguyone said:
You gotta like Stoa, at 6'3. But Skille seems to have the mindset of a powerforward, whereas Stoa plays like a Victor Kozlov type of center.
I like Skille. He crashes the net. He streaks down the wings. He loves to hit.
I give this one to Skille, fairly easily.

That's kind of in line with what X-Sharkie said. I'd still like to hear what he and steblick have to say. I think these guys are close talent wise.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
chaachie12 said:
http://www.usahockey.com/ntdp/18u/main/under_18//

That is the schedule and stats for the U-18 team, you can get the U-17 stats from the link on the left side.

I'm starting to feel like a broken record but the stats they have there are wrong. I used to get the correct stats in the weekly e-mail they had but it looks like they're not doing that anymore (at least they haven't gotten back to my inquiries).

I added the stats up quickly myself the other day and here's what I got for the U18 team (minus last weekends game in Toldeo)....

Kessel: 49 points in 25 games
Skille: 40 points in around 40 games
Mueller: 42 points in around 37 games
Stoa: 34 points in around 39 games
Lawrence: 32 points in around 39 games
J.Johnson: 27 points in around 34 games
Gerbe: 28 points in around 34 games

Here are a couple guys I was interested in from the U17 team (minus the second game against Youngstown last weekend)....

Kane: 37 points
O'Brien: 23 points
Flynn: 21 points
E.Johnson: 20 points
(All around 35 games)

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Mobey said:
What was the score of the game by the way? Who scored for the US? Thanks.

Sorry it took me a day to get back to you.

Johnson scored 1st. Shorty.

Lawrence got the 2nd from a nice set up by Kessel and a scapy dive from Stoa.

Kessel then added the 3rd.

Farnig got one from Fraser on a hard working play by the line.

Stoa got the final tally on a nice 2 on 1 w/ Kessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad