Skating Speed, Shot Velocity, Reaction Time, and Lloyd Percival

Gobias Industries

Aug 29, 2007
Toronto
It could be if they were in motion when they shot it.. or did you not even read the post you quoted?

Not fully, just the end bit.

I understand what you're saying, now to take two steps back, can someone explain to me the difference in current skill competition based measurements and the "motion" shooting that may have been measured in the article?

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
Were those same scientists manning the research here?...

Seriously, all of these stats are garbage. All we can use them for is to rank the players measured (and even I would hesitate doing that given the inaccuracy).

Pappyline, I am in no way slighting the past, but there s no chance in hell that Howe's wrist shot is faster than Chara, Souray or Weber's slapshot.

Jokes.

And when did I say such a thing?

Gobias Industries

Aug 29, 2007
Toronto
And when did I say such a thing?

You said you felt that the numbers were off by 10 mph, there have only been a few cases in recent history where slap shots have been measured higher than your revised Howe numbers.

I'll ask the same of you (because I'm honestly curious, don't mean to be confrontational), when you mention "under a different methodology", I'm wondering how different the methodology could be? I can't picture how we could have such massive variation.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad