" Skate with the Canadiens" contest

68*

I'm selling mine, I don't want Ryan White to jump me and punch my face in

(of course: :sarcasm:)

I got jumped by Ryan White last night. :rant:

I accidentally bumped into him on Crescent and I made him drop his coffee. I didn't even finish apologizing "excuse me sir let me pay---" and next thing I remember seeing are a pair of winter mitts in the air before I woke up in a pool of my own blood. This kid has some serious anger problems.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
What happened?

He was doing a meet and greet at the Best Buy in Brossard last year, so I figured I would bring my kids to meet him. We waited outside in the cold for about 4 hours or so to meet him, and when we FINALLY made it to the door to be let in with maybe 4-5 people in front of us ( and no more than 10 people in back of us), we were told he was not going to be signing anymore autographs.

I approached the girl standing at the door and told her " look, most of the remaining adults here probably don't care to meet him, but at the very least let in the remaining kids. She agreed, went in to discuss it with him I guess, came out 5 minutes later and told me, and I quote " PK is tired and wants to leave. He will not be signing anymore autographs".

Needless to say, my kids were pretty upset. It cost me a trip to Toys R Us to get them to smile again. :rant:

ChroNOS

May 2, 2011
He was doing a meet and greet at the Best Buy in Brossard last year, so I figured I would bring my kids to meet him. We waited outside in the cold for about 4 hours or so to meet him, and when we FINALLY made it to the door to be let in with maybe 4-5 people in front of us ( and no more than 10 people in back of us), we were told he was not going to be signing anymore autographs.

I approached the girl standing at the door and told her " look, most of the remaining adults here probably don't care to meet him, but at the very least let in the remaining kids. She agreed, went in to discuss it with him I guess, came out 5 minutes later and told me, and I quote " PK is tired and wants to leave. He will not be signing anymore autographs".

Needless to say, my kids were pretty upset. It cost me a trip to Toys R Us to get them to smile again. :rant:

pktroll.jpg

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Update

So the " Skate with the players" event was your typical Montreal Canadiens marketing scam. There were no current players on the ice during the event, but instead my kids (9 and 12) got to meet Henri Richard, Rejean Houle, and Yvon Cournoyer. :shakehead

75% of the people on the ice were kids, and they probably had the same questions as my boys did:

Who are these guys? :huh:

At least they got to skate on the Bell center ice and meet Youppi. :rolleyes:

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Update

So the " Skate with the players" event was your typical Montreal Canadiens marketing scam. There were no current players on the ice during the event, but instead my kids (9 and 12) got to meet Henri Richard, Rejean Houle, and Yvon Cournoyer. :shakehead

75% of the people on the ice were kids, and they probably had the same questions as my boys did:

so... another trip to the toy r us?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Update

Avoid all Habs events. If this keeps going they'll start liking the bruins.

I'm not going. I heard PK was going to be there and I don't want to be on the same ice as him.

So used to seeing :sarcasm: faces I have no idea if this is serious or not. I assume not.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Update

Okay I get that kids would be disappointed not to meet any of their current favorite players, but scam, really? To me a scam would be meeting Brisebois, Darche and Dagenais...they still got to meet 2 Canadiens legends (and Rejean Houle), that's pretty cool. I'm sure they'll appreciate it when they're older.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Okay I get that kids would be disappointed not to meet any of their current favorite players, but scam, really? To me a scam would be meeting Brisebois, Darche and Dagenais...they still got to meet 2 Canadiens legends (and Rejean Houle), that's pretty cool. I'm sure they'll appreciate it when they're older.

To a degree. I'd expect a current hab to be there.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal

I indicated scam simply because it was mentioned in the letter I received with the tickets that there would be Canadiens players that would be on the ice announced the day of the event, and all the marketing around this event pointed to the fact that there would be current Habs players as well. Personally I could not care less, but the event was targeted towards the the younger fans, not the geriatric ward of the Montreal general. If it would have been more clear that it was Habs legends, it would have been different.

I honesty think my kids would have preferred Darche or Brisebois, since they are more current and they know who they are at least.

Zinger

Feb 19, 2008
Montreal
They should have called this event "skating with Rejean Houle". This was the biggest SCAM.. What a cheap franchise... Couldn't even give the kids water after their skate. This is the way they thank their fans? By promoting an event to make it seem like actual Habs will be be there than they send Cournoyer and Richard? No disrespect to the legends but this event was insulting the publics intelligence. All they wanted to do was sell more fan packages and hot dogs. Shame our team treats it's fans like that. Felt bad for the young kids who were upset not to see their heroes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad