Skate width issue

ttoad4000t

Dec 14, 2004
Fort Worth, Texas
I have a pait of Bauer goalie skates, 11 1/2 EE. Problem is, after playing for not even 10minutes, the sides of both of my feet hurt very badly, and after 20 I have to stop playing because of the extreme pain. Does anyone have any idea on what I can do, I used to play defense, and my player skates were EE, still hurt, but not enough for me to have to stop playing, and I would like to get this sorted out.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
did you ever have them heat molded? next time you are in the market for skates, lok at other companies than Nike Bauer. Their skates are narrower than the competition. You could also have them custom made for an extra $100-$150

Tbone54

Jul 3, 2006
I had the same issue with my CCMs, when I first got them...

But for about 2 weeks, I did the laces around the widest part of my foot real loose.

It seems that having the section of my laces loose allowed the CCMS to mold, now they feel fine and I can do them up real tight. without any problems.

Its the best feeling when your skates dont hurt... (ive been through about 4 pairs that I always got blisters with... its almost like bliss)

arcticwinter

Apr 16, 2005
i wear double e and still have to keep the central laces loose.my skates are very,very well worn and still if i pull a lace too hard i'll have to leave the ice and retie them once in awhile.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
What sorta goalie skates....cause sizing doesn't just range from brand to brand, but within models in a brand. For instance your EE Supreme70 player skate would be a different fit than a Vapor goal skate in EE.

ward30*

I wear double e and always tend to wear them loos around the middle of the skate. If I dont it gets num. This is prob because its the widest part of the foot.
:yo:

Allsmokenopancake

Jul 21, 2005
Donegal, Ireland
HAve you tried insoles, either superfeet grey or shock doctors. Stock insoles in skates are pretty thin, and both superfeet and shock docs make hockey insoles, more arch support, more durable footbed all round.

I noticed a big difference in comfort when I switched (I also use bauer skates).

May take a couple of skates to get used to them, but worth it.

Is it possible your skates simply don't fit right, perhaps go get fitted and see what works for you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad