skate shot blockers

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
its a popular trend lately and as a person who tries to block a few shots i was trying to get a set, but im trying to find them on sites and having little to no luck

does anyone have a good link to purchase a pair?

thx, afrobomber11

I think its a matter of using the wrong words, they are skate fenders.

I will let you search for yourself to find the best price, I dont know the best site

Halifaxhab*

it's *** pickup/gents league hockey....wear whatever makes you comfy. You have a job to go in the morning and if anyone gives a guy a hard time for wearing any protective gear end up usually being the idiot that gets hurt anyway.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
My brother wears them and I dont think I have ever heard anyone making fun of them or him for them

Skarjak

Sep 8, 2010
Toronto
You have to be a deluded beer leaguer who thinks he could have made the NHL to make fun of someone for wearing this.

There's nothing wrong with protecting yourself.

afrobomber11

May 23, 2010
Flin Flon Manitoba
thanks for the help, as soon as i had the right piece of info finding them was simple

this year was my first real competitive rec year, and before i didnt have a career to protect i was just in school, now that i have to be on my feet to do my job i feel its nessisary to have that extra bit of protection on my feet, cause if i broke my foot, im without cash for a couple months

Trojan35

Jan 11, 2007
and....whatever you have to tell yourself to feel its necessary to make this post. What a joke.

Your avatar quote always cracks me up. I AM A PASTRY! For some reason, it's funnier with the Hiller picture. I don't get it, but I laugh anyways.

hyster110

Mar 21, 2011
thanks for the help, as soon as i had the right piece of info finding them was simple

this year was my first real competitive rec year, and before i didnt have a career to protect i was just in school, now that i have to be on my feet to do my job i feel its nessisary to have that extra bit of protection on my feet, cause if i broke my foot, im without cash for a couple months

i bought them and i feel more confident getting in front of shots. a bad shot to the foot just isn't worth it

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I would think it isn't necessary at a rec league level. How many guys can really shoot the puck hard enough anyways.....

Suit yourself. If it works for ya, go for it.

IMO - I think it would seem silly to have something like that in a beer league.

CGNY87

Jan 7, 2011
NY
I use them during games in a rec league. I have never had another team say anything about them. A few teammates asked what the hell they were or made a joke - nothing ment to be mean, just general joking around. Overall Im happy I have them and thats all that matters.

2 years ago I almost broke my foot taking a slapshot off the top of the skate (laces area). I had trouble walking for a week.

I play LW and am freqently near the opposing d-man who is taking a slap shot from the point. I wont lay down to block a shot but with these on I feel more comfortable stepping in front of one.

Yea the puck isn't going 90+mph like the nhl players can hit it, but a full slap shot from a big rec league player still hurts. So far they have taken one hit. Didn't feel it at all, just left a black smudge where it hit.

I do not wear them to skate-n-shoots or my hockey class as its slow paced and if anyone takes a slap shot I get out of the way.

I feel more confident with these on and I know I will mostly (not including a freak accident) be able to walk into work tomorrow, or not have to pay for a foot xray b/c of a beer league game.

Briere Up There*

I would think it isn't necessary at a rec league level. How many guys can really shoot the puck hard enough anyways.....

In pick up nobody slaps the puck real hard if there's traffic, only coming down the wing ala Guy Lafleur. But I find a lot of the time in reffed leagues with standings etc some guys really won't hesitate to blast the puck right through you.

These thingies are an understandable precaution if you play with guys like that.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

A 75 mph slap shot to the feet is still gonna do some damage

Noir

Aug 27, 2009
Vancouver, CAN
its a popular trend lately and as a person who tries to block a few shots i was trying to get a set, but im trying to find them on sites and having little to no luck

does anyone have a good link to purchase a pair?

thx, afrobomber11

Ha, I just went to sharpen my skates yesterday at my local hockey shop and came across what you're looking for.

http://www.thehockeyshop.com/player/skates/accessories/nash-plastic-ankle-and-foot-guard.html

Pretty pricey IMO just for a pair of plastic & straps but if you do end up considering them, The Hockey Shop is a pretty reputable hockey store in Vancouver (Surrey to be exact). I'm sure you'll find the service to be great.

afrobomber11

May 23, 2010
Flin Flon Manitoba
thanks for the links guys

and whoever question it, i took 4 shots that absolutly dropped me

theres a few guys in my league with absolute rockets

one hit me in the shin pad a couple years back and i had to almost swim off the ice:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad