OT: Skate rentals

BenchWarmer16

Feb 11, 2016
Good evening,
Long time no see HFBOARDS. This is bench warmer no BenchWarmer16 because I can't for the life of me remember my old password. Anyhow, it's been years and years since I last posted and I need some help with something.

For my GF's birthday I rented some ice for her, our family, and friends. It was a challenge finding Ice time on a Saturday in March this late in the game, but I ended up finding ice at the Holland Arena in Woburn. The Holland arena is a small rink, i think its dimensions are 115x55 or something like that. I think it will be perfect for our needs/small group. It's only fault is the arena doesn't offer skate rentals.

I took the ice time anyways thinking i would easily be able to rent skates from another arena and just return them when I'm done. Well, I was wrong. Every rink I've reached out to has flat out refused to let me rent skates for use outside of their facility. This has been so frustrating..

Anyways, I write to you guys hoping someone has an idea that could help me out. I'm going to be in need of 5-10 pairs of hockey skates. For use on a saturday night in march from 5-630. In reality, I'd probably be picking them up at 3 or 4 on a saturday and returning them around 7 that night.

Does anyone know of a rink that would be willing to accommodate this? Or a company that does skate rentals? I can't believe how hard this has been and I would hate to exclude people in this birthday party.

Thanks guys. Go B's!!
BW16

BenchWarmer16

Feb 11, 2016
Nice to see you n4sir.

;)

Hope alls well kid.
Dont know about skate rentals but hopefully somebody can help you out.

Oh my god, you have one hell of a memory. Even I forgot about that!!! N4sir, greatest screen name ever. I was like 13 when I thought that one up. Wow!

BenchWarmer16

Feb 11, 2016
Yup.
Punk kid from Arlington that I had to chase off at night so youd do your homework.
:)

Long, long time ago......

Hahahah hilarious!! I wish I told you my password!! I'd love to get back into that account. Thanks for the laugh man.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Might try other rinks that have rentals, explain you want to take them off site. Ask could they do so given a deposit maybe and most likely at least sizes, amounts in advance?

BenchWarmer16

Feb 11, 2016
Might try other rinks that have rentals, explain you want to take them off site. Ask could they do so given a deposit maybe and most likely at least sizes, amounts in advance?

So far I've reached out to a few rinks with this very offer and they've all said no. It's unbelievable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad