Pre-Game Talk: SKA vs Jokerit (UPD: Jokerit has withdrawn).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Game 1 of the Western Conference Semifinal: Jokerit Helsinki @ SKA St.Petersburg

Preview: SKA - Jokerit : Kontinental Hockey League (KHL)
ES4v4keWoAEZRMh

Jokerit set for Baltic battle
It’s the playoff series that Helsinki has been waiting for since 2014. Jokerit is finally going to face SKA in post season. Two proud cities on the shores of the Baltic, both blessed with long hockey traditions, have given us some big moments in regular season play. And now, for the first time, they will go head-to-head in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Jokerit's lineup from their previous game:

Scratched:
Grant
Kontiola

Injured:
Ikonen

SKA's lineup from their previous game:

FW
Tkachyov-Aaltonen-Barabanov
Plotnikov-Kemppainen-Ketov
Kuzmenko-Koskiranta-Burdasov
Marchenko-Morozov-Podkolzin
Karpov

D
Belov-Bengtsson
Tokranov-Ozhiganov
Khafizullin-Galenyuk
Dyblenko

GK
Samonov
Hellberg

Scratched:
Kablukov
Kagarlitsky
Shvets-Rogovoy
Yakupov
Zemchyonok
Zub
Zubarev

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Reminder that the Finnish government has instructed all Finns to avoid travelling abroad to ANY country and that anyone coming to the country from abroad is instructed to stay at home for two weeks. So outlook for this series to be played: not good.

moropanov

Mar 7, 2015
Reminder that the Finnish government has instructed all Finns to avoid travelling abroad to ANY country and that anyone coming to the country from abroad is instructed to stay at home for two weeks. So outlook for this series to be played: not good.
Russians seem to Be reasonable with this no reason to not play season through without spectators. Corona is not dangerous to healthy professional hockey players. World Championships should also Be played this spring somewhere without audience.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Russians seem to Be reasonable with this no reason to not play season through without spectators. Corona is not dangerous to healthy professional hockey players. World Championships should also Be played this spring somewhere without audience.

It's not about the health of athletes, though it may damage their lungs permanently with bad luck, but rather contracting and contaminating others. Worlds will not be played without audience, IIHF made that abundantly clear (via IIHF vice secretary Kummola). Plus with almost every league shutdown, players are out of form.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

wacko2

Dec 28, 2019
various
If Jokerit can't play give SKA bye to next round. Let's play hockey. If the workers of the world have to work why can't well conditioned strong athletes??

Reactions: ManoWarrior

moropanov

Mar 7, 2015
If Jokerit can't play give SKA bye to next round. Let's play hockey. If the workers of the world have to work why can't well conditioned strong athletes??
Yes all hockey biggest hockey league's should do as KHL does, but they only care about money so when there's no audience they just quit. People would get to see hockey and negative effects are minimum.

Reactions: wacko2

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
From 5 500 000 Fins, just above 150 has been reported infected so far and less than 100 from about 150 million Russians.
- i see no reasons why hockey shouldn't be played

Serious matter, i agree 100%, however,... people might be tad overreacting to the situation

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Right now it’s unfortunately not about whether it is playable during this situation or not. It’s about following government recommendations which might not be so good to ignore.

As much as I have been looking forward to this matchup and I really want it to happen, even if it means relocating the home games to Russia, it does not look so good at the moment.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
From 5 500 000 Fins, just above 150 has been reported infected so far and less than 100 from about 150 million Russians.

Serious matter, i agree 100%, however,... people might be tad overreacting to the situation

That 150 will be 1500 in no time if these kinda actions aren't being made. Hockey is not that important.

SharksAttack

May 22, 2005
Finland

It's over 200 now and rising fast. There's over 1000 cases in Norway and over 800 in Sweden and Denmark.

Reactions: uncleben and Jussi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->