Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Arizona

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
You know what? I think SKA would have pretty good chances. Their offense looks better to me, and Shestyorkin seems like a great young goalie.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
As horrible as the Yotes are, I think that team could beat a handful of NHL teams in a 7 game series.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'd suspect the NHL caliber depth and D core would be the deciding factor, and Yotes would likely come out on top more often than not.

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
I think in a month or two the Coyotes will be better. They had a lot of turnover in the offseason, moved on from their long time captain, and are learning a new system from someone who has not been a head coach for several years.

I can see looking back and realizing the Coyotes are not as bad as they are now.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
I'll opt to take the team with more high end talent in SKA. Defence is always the question with Russia but I think they would have enough firepower to win

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
SKA would win a best-of-seven series against at least a dozen NHL teams currently. Individual games on small ice could go either way though.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
SKA would win a best-of-seven series against at least a dozen NHL teams currently. Individual games on small ice could go either way though.

Maybe last year with Dadonov and Shipachyov, but idk, how many of their dmen would even be considered top 4 guys in the NHL? Im thinking their D is more like on par with Vegas. And most of their forwards are guys who either couldn't crack the NHL as more than depth guys or 4th liners.

Their best players are 39 yr old Datsyuk, 34 yr old Kovalchuk and Gusev.

SKA would be a bottom team in the NHL. I think the way they're dominating the KHL tells more about the league. I've been watching a dozen Jokerit games this year, and some of the teams are just straight up bad, and even the better ones haven't really impressed. SKA has the best top players in that league, the best depth, good goaltending and a winning pedigree.

I mean, Jokerit is on a 15-game winning streak right now. I can't name 3 players who should play in the NHL from that team.

One thing SKA has going for them is their great fans and atmosphere at home. So if we send a team like Arizona to their home arena to play in one the bigger ice, yeah i like SKA's chances, but if SKA joined the NHL i can't see them beating anyone in a 7 game series. So many of their guys are better suited for the bigger ice anyway.

Last edited:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'll go with the Yotes. They're a better team than their numbers show. (Assuming the Yotes are healthy)

SKA has some big names in Kovalchuk, Datsyuk, Gusev, but I really question how good their depth would be against an NHL team (even one like Arizona).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad