NHL Entry Draft: SJSharks39's mock draft

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Ran a lottery from tankathon

1. Buffalo Sabres-Rasmus Dahlin
Buffalo takes the obvious choice at 1 and runs away happy.

2. Vancouver Canucks-Andre Svechnikov
Vancouver takes the 2nd best player available and is happy to have Svechnikov complimenting Boeser for years.

3. Arizona Coyotes-Adam Boqvist
Arizona takes a player that has been compared to Erik Karlsson. With so many young forwards in Keller, Strome, Dvorak, etc. Arizona takes a chance on a defenseman who has major potential.

4. Ottawa Senators-Filip Zadina
Ottawa takes the best player available in Zadina who is arguably the best pure goalscorer in the draft

5. Montreal Canadiens-Oliver Wahlstrom
Habs finally get their center for years to come

6. Detroit Red Wings-Quinton Hughes
Detroit needs help everywhere and it just so happens that the BPA is a offensive D.

7. Chicago Blackhawks-Evan Bouchard
Chicago is another team that needs help everywhere but their forwards are looking a lot better than their D so they take a great two way D

8. NY Islanders-Brady Tkachuk
The fall for Tkachuk ends. NYI didn't come into this draft expecting to take a player like Tkachuk but his skill is undeniable

9. Edmonton Oilers-Noah Dobson
Edmonton wanted Tkachuk. They take the next best player in Noah Dobson who looks like a good two way D

10. NY Rangers-Ty Smith
Rangers take a great offensive D to help compliment their young forwards

11. NY Isles (from Calgary)-Joe Veleno
The Isles double up on centers and get arguably the best pure center (at least in my opinion) in this draft.

12. Carolina Hurricanes-Isac Lundestrom
Carolina takes a good C who will compliment the likes of Aho and Skinner

13. Dallas Stars-Joel Farabee
Dallas takes the best player available to further compliment their suprisingly deep prospect pool

14. Florida Panthers-Barrett Hayton
Florida take a good two way forward

15. Colorado Avalanche- Bode Wilde
Colorado takes the BPA here

16. New Jersey Devils-Rasmus Kupari

17. Philadelphia Flyers-Akil Thomas

18. LA Kings-Grigori Denisenko

19. Anaheim Ducks-Dominik Bokk

20. Columbus Blue Jackets-Jake Wise

21. Philadelphia Flyers(from St. Louis)-Jared McIsaac

22. Ottawa Senators(from Pittsburgh)-Ryan Merkley

23. Minnesota Wild-K'Andre Miller

24. San Jose Sharks-Mattias Samuelsson

25. Toronto Maple Leafs-Jett Woo

26. St. Louis Blues(from Winnipeg)-Serron Noel

27. NY Rangers(from Tampa Bay)-Ryan McCleod

28. Washington Capitals-Jacob Olofsson

29. Detroit Red Wings(from Vegas)-Vitaly Kravstov

30. NY Rangers(from Boston)-Nils Lundkvist

31. Chicago Blackhawks(from Nashville)-Filip Hallander

Last edited:
Reactions: hi

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
and please don't start putting Jake Wise in top 20's now....shhhhhh, he is our little secret for pick #31!

Bouchard at 7, would be amazing for Hawks and if Wahlstrom is gone, the guy I think they definitely target

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
12. Carolina Hurricanes-Isac Lundestrom
Carolina takes a good C who will compliment the likes of Aho and Skinner

A two-way C whose offensive upside is questionable and whose probable ceiling is a middle-6 C. Outside of another undersized LHD, I can't think of a more disappointing pick, in the abstract, for the Canes.

I think we take the best offensive F available at our pick.

Reactions: hi

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
A two-way C whose offensive upside is questionable and whose probable ceiling is a middle-6 C. Outside of another undersized LHD, I can't think of a more disappointing pick, in the abstract, for the Canes.

I think we take the best offensive F available at our pick.
So who specifically do you take in this situation?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
With the players left on the list, I'd personally go with Farabee, Kravtsov, Bokk or Thomas. All for are better offensively now, and most likely will be in the future
I feel like Thomas is worse offensively. Much more of a defensive center.

johum7

Nov 8, 2017
Freddy
I feel like Thomas is worse offensively. Much more of a defensive center.
I see where you're coming from, Thomas is a good 2-way forward. However, he's top 5 in scoring among draft eligibles, so to say he's worse offensively just doesn't seem right in my eyes

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Imo and with the emergence of Bear, and all the bad spots on D filled with plugs, The Oilers would look at speedy wingers (maybe mix with some C play) maybe with some size, if they get the Oilers luck at the right time and jump up or actually fall a bit, I'd see them grabbing Brady/the duo (Svech/Zad) if they jump or Bokk /Kupari/Farabee if they fall

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
So the Habs would have another Drouin, and Galchenyuk, a winger who their trying to force to play center.
Yeah. He's a winger...... As a Hab fan.... I'd still be happy to take him!!!! One of my favorite prospects in this draft!!!

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
In this scenario, hink the Rangers go Farabee over Smith at 10, although in a vacuum I don't have a problem with Smith either.

Would prefer Kravstov over McLeod, but I like the Lundkvist pick. Prefer Sandin though. He will be a R1 pick

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Boqvist over both Zadina and Wahlstrom for the Yotes at 3. Interesting.

Boqvist *might* have the higher ceiling but given the Yotes are about to enter their competitive window and Boqvist needs some seasoning, I think Chayka will go for one of the more NHL-ready goal scoring wingers in this scenario (something that we certainly need as well).

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
So the Habs would have another Drouin, and Galchenyuk, a winger who their trying to force to play center.
I don't care where you draft, you take the best player available. IF we have a top 5 pick, and Dahlin/Boqvist aren't there, then I think it's perfectly justifiable to take Zadina/Svechnikov/Wahlstrom

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Im perfectly fine with Wahlstrom in this scenario. If you have a top 5 pick, you go BPA and they are no centers in this draft worth to be drafted in the top 5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad