SJSharks39 Dispersal Style Game

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That would make it better imo. In games like these sometimes the teams are so stacked that GMs don't see the need to trade.

But then I'm in a bit of a pickle after picking the Oilers 1st overall though lol.

I have a question though. Will we do voting for rebuilders as well. I think having two contests, a contending and a rebuilding contest would increase trading, so that both your veterans and your prospects will be in demand.
Yep rebuilding and contending cup
I get what you are saying but the one issue with that is the top picks in the team draft are WAY better than the teams you can pick at 8/9.

2 round snake at least gives the people who picked last the advantage of getting a 2nd "alright" team.

But someone who starts with Tampa will have way more impact players than someone who just starts with Philly or something like that.

I pick 5th so it doesn't matter too much to me, but just thought I would raise that point. If everyone picking near the end is fine with that, then I guess ignore this haha
I thought having the dispersal where those teams can take players like Crosby, Pastrnak, MacKinnon or Kakko, Chabot, Makar in the first few rounds would be a good thing. Also yes having Tampa or SJ is better for contending than a team like Philly or NJ miles better for rebuilding so that was my thought process. If we want to change it we can but I just figured that more trading would be more fun.
Also, what counts for the rebuilders cup? Age? NHL games played?
Any one you want. You can have Zdeno Chara, Joe Thornton, and Patrick Marleau on your rebuilder if you really want.

Reactions: Llamamoto49

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Having the clock run overnight seems pretty unfair.

Reactions: hi

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I’m not going to be skipped while I’m sleeping.

Makes 0 sense. There’s also no mention of a clock in the thread.

Reactions: hi

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I mean it’s not hard to send in a list. Also it’s your pick.

I would've sent it in a list had I been aware I was likely going to be skipped overnight. It's not as if the list would've really mattered, since you admitted you were asleep anyway. With these rules, I could've been skipped anyway despite sending in a list.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I would've sent it in a list had I been aware I was likely going to be skipped overnight. It's not as if the list would've really mattered, since you admitted you were asleep anyway. With these rules, I could've been skipped anyway despite sending in a list.
I was awake until about 11 and you were set to be skipped at 11:30 so if you had sent in a list, you wouldn’t have been skipped.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Just seems weird not to pause the clock during the middle of the night. Pretty much every draft I've ever been a part of in this forum has paused the clock at night.

Very few if any picks are going to be made during the prime sleeping hours anyway. Not pausing the clock will lead to multiple skipped picks in a row and that usually leads to people getting pissed off and losing interest

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I mean, I live in Qatar so I'll go to sleep in an hour or so lol. I'll just send in a list if it doesn't reach my pick before then.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Just seems weird not to pause the clock during the middle of the night. Pretty much every draft I've ever been a part of in this forum has paused the clock at night.

Very few if any picks are going to be made during the prime sleeping hours anyway. Not pausing the clock will lead to multiple skipped picks in a row and that usually leads to people getting pissed off and losing interest

Couple that with changing the team draft in the middle of the actual draft too.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Never changed the team draft. If you guys really want to sure but it’s still not hard to send it in a list.

You did - after the first two picks, it was changed from two teams selected to one.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
You did - after the first two picks, it was changed from two teams selected to one.

It's all right. I chose 1st, picking a team with more star power than depth because I thought we were taking two teams, so it probably affected me the most. The dispersal draft should give us more than enough players, and it increases the likelihood of trading.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->