Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I’m a little confused here what is the purpose of each draft

For the first draft, you select two teams - you get every asset that team has.

So for EDM, you get McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse, all the prospects, picks, etc.

The second draft is just for players. For the teams that aren't selected, their players will be available in that draft. So you pick the BPA for what you want to do with your team. But only of the players or prospects on teams that weren't selected in the prior draft.

Once these two drafts are done, you'll assemble your team and trading will begin.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
For the first draft, you select two teams - you get every asset that team has.

So for EDM, you get McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse, all the prospects, picks, etc.

The second draft is just for players. For the teams that aren't selected, their players will be available in that draft. So you pick the BPA for what you want to do with your team. But only of the players or prospects on teams that weren't selected in the prior draft.

Once these two drafts are done, you'll assemble your team and trading will begin.
I’m thinking of just having one team to increase the trading of this game.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

That would make it better imo. In games like these sometimes the teams are so stacked that GMs don't see the need to trade.

But then I'm in a bit of a pickle after picking the Oilers 1st overall though lol.

I have a question though. Will we do voting for rebuilders as well. I think having two contests, a contending and a rebuilding contest would increase trading, so that both your veterans and your prospects will be in demand.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario

I get what you are saying but the one issue with that is the top picks in the team draft are WAY better than the teams you can pick at 8/9.

2 round snake at least gives the people who picked last the advantage of getting a 2nd "alright" team.

But someone who starts with Tampa will have way more impact players than someone who just starts with Philly or something like that.

I pick 5th so it doesn't matter too much to me, but just thought I would raise that point. If everyone picking near the end is fine with that, then I guess ignore this haha

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I agree with Zemgus - pretty big disadvantage for lower team picks. We've also already started the draft...

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I get what you are saying but the one issue with that is the top picks in the team draft are WAY better than the teams you can pick at 8/9.

2 round snake at least gives the people who picked last the advantage of getting a 2nd "alright" team.

But someone who starts with Tampa will have way more impact players than someone who just starts with Philly or something like that.

I pick 5th so it doesn't matter too much to me, but just thought I would raise that point. If everyone picking near the end is fine with that, then I guess ignore this haha

Agreed. I had the 1st overall pick and chose Edmonton planning to take a team with depth later on. This helps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad