Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Tomas Hertl re-signed (2 years, $3M AAV)

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Pretty good bridge contract, IMO. Although, they could regret not signing him long term if he really puts up big numbers the next two seasons.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Great deal. Glad to get him signed quickly, he's a big, and honestly underrated piece of the team.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Great bridge deal. Guy is really starting to come into his own. Only fans of the Sharks truly understand how significant he is to that top line and how much he was missed in the last 4+ games.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Phenomenal deal, can't believe we got so lucky. Beyond the points, Hertl really, really drives posession, and I have to believe the old fellas feed off his energy.

Great deal!

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
$6M a year? This has to be the most overrated player in the entire league..

EDIT: My bad, OP changed it to $3M/Y and that's reasonable.

Last edited:

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
$6M a year? This has to be the most overrated player in the entire league..

That's $3m/yr, first of all... I invite you to watch a Sharks game and then call Hertl 'overrated'. He's criminally underrated on these boards, to everyone but those who actually watch him.

Next time read the content properly before asserting something toxic.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
decent deal I guess... im still on the fence with him.. only thing I really associate with him is that between the legs goal he scored a couple years ago. Has never really impressed me at all

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Good bridge, but he'll get paid in two years. I guess with Thornton and Marleau edging closer to retirement/decline it makes sense.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
decent deal I guess... im still on the fence with him.. only thing I really associate with him is that between the legs goal he scored a couple years ago. Has never really impressed me at all

The people who watch him all the time love this deal. Maybe stay up late sometime and join us???

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
The people who watch him all the time love this deal. Maybe stay up late sometime and join us???

haha im a west coast guy and watch a lot of Sharks games. Im not saying I don't like the guy, im just saying he has never really impressed me... but 2 year 6 mill is about right. Had to go bridge with him

tmunnuch

Jan 23, 2007

Should have watched the playoffs this year.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

3M is Middle/Bottom 6 winger money. Hertl works so hard and is so good along the boards. 3M for the next 2 years is a steal. Displayed it all playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->