SJS Team Draft Game (Discussions)

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Question: Can we trade our team draft picks? I got the 1st overall and the 20th overall pick. With the 1st I selected the Lightning. Can I trade, say, Calle Foote + my 20th pick for the 18th pick?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Question: Can we trade our team draft picks? I got the 1st overall and the 20th overall pick. With the 1st I selected the Lightning. Can I trade, say, Calle Foote + my 20th pick for the 18th pick?
f*** it why not :laugh:

I mean if anyone has a problem with it then let me know. I don’t see why not though. I feel like it would have to be a much bigger trade than just one prospect though.

Reactions: Llamamoto

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Is there a certain age a player must be at/under to qualify for a rebuilding team?
Nope if you believe a 38 year old will help your rebuild (he won’t) then have fun put him there. There’s very little rules build a super rebuilder or a super contender.

One more question though, do we want to have an extra dispersal round where only 2019 draft picks are taken.

Reactions: Zemgus26

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Nope if you believe a 38 year old will help your rebuild (he won’t) then have fun put him there. There’s very little rules build a super rebuilder or a super contender.

One more question though, do we want to have an extra dispersal round where only 2019 draft picks are taken.

Either that or 2019 prospects can just be part of the regular dispersed teams.

I am good with it either way.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Either that or 2019 prospects can just be part of the regular dispersed teams.

I'm good with this.

I'd also recommend a strict timer for the dispersal draft - either that, or require people to send in lists by a certain deadline. The latter is probably better, honestly. With how this draft has started, taking too long on that could easily kill this game.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm good with this.

I'd also recommend a strict timer for the dispersal draft - either that, or require people to send in lists by a certain deadline. The latter is probably better, honestly. With how this draft has started, taking too long on that could easily kill this game.
I mean the plan is to have the team draft done tonight (it will be) and then dispersal will take place tomorrow with the clock starting around 12 PST. Time per pick will be about an hour. Any team that hasn’t taken their second team by then will be taking out of the game. Also I’m planning on having the dispersal done by Saturday and then deadline on Monday or Tuesday and voting.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
@JonnyGraz is up

Please tag the next person up when you pick. You can't edit it either, or they won't get the notification.

Reactions: Gecklund

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
We should definitely give him until the clock starts. If he isn't around by then, he'll just be removed per SJS' post above.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I'd say give the dispersal somewhere between 15-30 mins for us to pick. Is the order going to be the reverse of the team draft?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'd say give the dispersal somewhere between 15-30 mins for us to pick. Is the order going to be the reverse of the team draft?
No a whole new order. 15-30 is too short. I think an hour will be perfect because the dispersal will only be 5-7 rounds.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:caps:flames

Forwards
Alex Ovechkin - Yevgeni Kuznetsov - T.J. Oshie
Johnny Gaudreau - Nicklas Backstrom - Elias Lindholm
Matthew Tkachuk - Sean Monahan - Tom Wilson
Jakub Vrana - Mikael Backlund - James Neal
Michael Frolik, Sam Bennett

Defenders
Mark Giordano - John Carlson
Dmitri Orlov - T.J. Brodie
Noah Hanifin - Travis Hamonic
Matt Niskanen

Goaltenders
Braden Holtby
David Rittich

Prospects
Mark Jankowski
Dillon Dube
Andrew Mangiapane
Juuso Valimaki
Rasmus Andersson
Oliver Kylington
Lucas Johansen
Alexander Alexeyev
Jonas Siegenthaler
Ilya Samsonov
Tyler Parsons

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:caps:flames

Forwards
Alex Ovechkin - Yevgeni Kuznetsov - T.J. Oshie
Johnny Gaudreau - Nicklas Backstrom - Elias Lindholm
Matthew Tkachuk - Sean Monahan - Tom Wilson
Jakub Vrana - Mikael Backlund - James Neal
Michael Frolik, Sam Bennett

Defenders
Mark Giordano - John Carlson
Dmitri Orlov - T.J. Brodie
Noah Hanifin - Travis Hamonic
Matt Niskanen

Goaltenders
Braden Holtby
David Rittich

Prospects
Mark Jankowski
Dillon Dube
Andrew Mangiapane
Juuso Valimaki
Rasmus Andersson
Oliver Kylington
Lucas Johansen
Alexander Alexeyev
Jonas Siegenthaler
Ilya Samsonov
Tyler Parsons

Picks (Rounds 1-3)
2019: CGY 1st,WSH 1st, WSH 2nd, CGY 3rd
2020 CGY 1st, WSH 1st, CGY 2nd, CGY 3rd*, WSH 3rd
2021: CGY 1st, WSH 1st, CGY 2nd, WSH 2nd, CGY 3rd, WSH 3rd
*conditions on pick

We are open for business and will be contending.

We're looking to add an elite RW and upgrade our bottom 4 on defense. All picks and prospects are available. Most roster players are available too, especially for an upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad