Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Sharks sign Kevin Labanc (1 year, $1M)

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
giphy.gif

Time for an investigation !

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
It didn't even need any explaining. I commend the guy for knowing he will make bank if he plays well this year. It shows he has confidence in himself. That is a trait I would love in a guy.

The only stupid thing for him, and it is a low %, is if he has a career ending injury.

I still applaud him the more I think about it. He has some big ballz.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
It didn't even need any explaining. I commend the guy for knowing he will make bank if he plays well this year. It shows he has confidence in himself. That is a trait I would love in a guy.

The only stupid thing for him, and it is a low %, is if he has a career ending injury.

I hope the universe rewards him and so does Wilson at the end of the season.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013

Honestly think this is the result of Joe Thornton's leading by example. Jumbo Joe has left money on the table for us over the years to help keep the team together. LaBanc obviously looks up to Joe and is following his team-first example (Is at least how I see it)

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Honestly think this is the result of Joe Thornton's leading by example. Jumbo Joe has left money on the table for us over the years to help keep the team together. LaBanc obviously looks up to Joe and is following his team-first example (Is at least how I see it)

The crazy impact Vets can have man.. different sport but comparable too Bradys contracts over the years and how people have followed his example and it eventually kinda just became the norm.

Reactions: Nolan11

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Setoguci was a sign and trade and SJ has signed many contracts since then.

Setoguchi was also payed market value for his services and given some term

It was a sign and trade, but the situations aren't comparable one-to-one

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
The way he is playing, if he keeps the same compete level as the first 4 games, he won't be getting another NHL contract.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He absolutely screwed himself out of millions of dollars. Very naive in his part. He may never have an opportunity to demand a multi year, multi million dollar contract again.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
It is possible that this situation as been misread. Despite his gaudy point totals, DeBoer frequently stapled him to the bench in 2019. Even in critical moments where scoring was needed, he didn't play. That points to a coaching staff that doesn't like him very much, and some of that frustration I can understand because Labanc is poor defensively.

Maybe this is what the Sharks thoughts Labanc was worth, and they promised him more if he could develop a more well-rounded game.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
This was a very smart deal.
Thankfully the Sharks made him whole by signing an extension when we reached January.

upload_2020-1-10_8-33-7.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad