Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Patrick Marleau signs with the Sharks (1 year, $700K)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Plenty of hockey players are done before they turn 30.
or 20 or 18 or whatever the guy played like two decades of his life on the sharks so good on them giving a league minimum contract after he ditched them for the leafs.

may have caved cuz of their record

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Well, let's see. I am already over 40. I am a man. And I don't give a **** what someone calls me, on the internet or otherwise.

Back to the matter at hand, Marleau looked like a complete passenger on the Leafs last year. I don't think he has anything left in the tank. Do you?

For the sake of Marleau being a human being I hope he helps San Jose.

If I were a fantasy hockey type I wouldn't put my money on him.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
seems like a hail mary for the sharks

I was thinking more of like a nice gesture and charity. This is a retire as a Shark, we forgive you for ditching us contract. I don’t think anyone expects anything from Marleau at this point.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I was thinking more of like a nice gesture and charity. This is a retire as a Shark, we forgive you for ditching us contract. I don’t think anyone expects anything from Marleau at this point.

the nice gesture would have happened in the summer. they decided they didn't need him. now they think they do.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
I can't decide if the Marleau signing is an attempt by Wilson to bring in something positive to distract from what looks like may be a long and disappointing season or is it an indictment of the talent that SJ has in their system?

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
No its not. Its a move to get someone with experience in the bottom six.

except Deboer has him up on the first line with Meier and Couture in his first practice. Deboer might be one of the worst, most stubborn coaches in the league.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
He doesn't have much for hands anymore.. and thinks the game too slow now.. but he can certainly still skate
Pretty on point analysis. Marleau can at least be an effective checker but his head for thegame clearly isn't what it once was. Thornton can't skate and he can't think the game anymore.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
pretty bogus move by the sharks. Before they didn’t need him and had no interest in him, now they do? It’s Wilsons infamous charity cases. He has a lot of them: Gomez, Lemieux, Roenick, Nichol, Wallin, Scott. The differences are obvious with Marleau, but I don’t see how signing him now will do any good other than giving him a nice exit from the sport with his home team and city.

He isn’t a very effective player at this point offensively and defensively. Maybe he can contribute, but I highly doubt it. Just seems like something for fans to get behind to boost moral rather than focus on how crappy the sharks have been and ways to fix it. This just doesn’t appear to be one of them.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Happy ending for Patty.

He did the Leafs a solid by waiving his NMC when the time came.

I'm glad it's all turned out well for him and his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad