Proposal: SJS-MTL/OTT/DAL/NYI

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Honestly, Montreal would likely look at getting a younger "somewhat unproven but has higher ceiling" player in return for Byron. Based on the Sharks' cap situation, Montreal would likely have to retain salary for the next 4 years on Byron's contract.

The reason being that the Sharks get an immediate boost of a guy that's middle 6, 20G/15A type player on a retained contract for 4 more years. Whereas Montréal would be gambling on said prospect to pan out.

Byron's good and on a very reasonable contract. No way no how do we retain on him. Why are some so hellbent on trading on him anyway? He's a good leader, does things no one else does on this team and he's on a good deal. And for what? magic beans? Now I'm not saying I'm averse to trading him but it's gonna take an overpay.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He was on the fourth line. They got a cheaper fourth liner and a good prospect for someone on the fourth line. Is that hard to understand?
E Malkin plays on the 2nd line - does that make him a second line player?

Victor Mete plays on the Habs top D pairing with Weber- does that make him top pairing?

Habs aren’t dumping Byron for crap like Gambrel. Gambrell would be ahl fodder on the Habs.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
E Malkin plays on the 2nd line - does that make him a second line player?

Victor Mete plays on the Habs top D pairing with Weber- does that make him top pairing?

Habs aren’t dumping Byron for crap like Gambrel. Gambrell would be ahl fodder on the Habs.
Fantastic. It’s a good thing I took out the Habs trade.

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
Byron's good and on a very reasonable contract. No way no how do we retain on him. Why are some so hellbent on trading on him anyway? He's a good leader, does things no one else does on this team and he's on a good deal. And for what? magic beans? Now I'm not saying I'm averse to trading him but it's gonna take an overpay.

The reason why I believe they should consider trading 2 of:
Byron
Armia
Lehkonen

In the next year or two is as follow:
Poehling
Caufield
Evans
Ylonen

They need to start making room for the youngsters, slowly but surely. Capitalize now on guys with values higher than that of were you play them.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The reason why I believe they should consider trading 2 of:
Byron
Armia
Lehkonen

In the next year or two is as follow:
Poehling
Caufield
Evans
Ylonen

They need to start making room for the youngsters, slowly but surely. Capitalize now on guys with values higher than that of were you play them.
We can do that in the offseason. Our team identity is or depth at forward.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Brown is not ready for nhl unfortunately... but pageau could be had for sure. I t seems like a decent offer but because we have 5 or 6 second round picks over the next 2 years I'm not bullish on it either.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Brown is not ready for nhl unfortunately... but pageau could be had for sure. I t seems like a decent offer but because we have 5 or 6 second round picks over the next 2 years I'm not bullish on it either.
What about switching Gambrell in for the 2nd? Gives you another forward to replace him.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I didn’t realize the plan was to move Byron up and down. I saw he was on the fourth line and figured giving a replacement fourth liner (cheaper and rental) and a pretty good prospect was a good deal for someone that wasn’t going to be on the fourth line. Would MTL move Byron at all or is he off limits? Is there a deal here at all?

The problem is that you are looking for value while trading Ahl tweners.

Byron is barely below top 6 but can serve in a pinch, but far, far more valuable then a classic 4th line banger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->