Confirmed Trade: [SJS/MIN] Devan Dubnyk (50% retained) and 2022 7th round pick for 2022 5th round pick

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
The high overall shot distance and poor HDSV% say that he doesn't face many high-danger shots, but when he does he's bad at stopping them. The implication is that Minnesota's defense was good and insulating him from the most difficult scoring chances and his over all GAA and SV% still tended to be pretty pedestrian the last few years (except last year when they were both awful).

I'm not sure how the Sharks will look defensively next year, but if they don't protect homeplate well they're going to have a bad time.

Oh I know I was commenting on the goals saved above average there is a 6 shot per game difference in shots against per game beetween Chi and Philadelphia that is 492 shots. Say the NHL average is 9.20 and both these teams have a 9.30 that ends up a random extra 5 goals above average awarded to Chicago and in no way reflects skill or tells you anything at all about anything. I have no idea what the point of that stat is.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Jokes on you guys Sharks are playing both Jones and Dubnyk at the same time to create one competent goalie. Unbeatable.

Or one entirely incompetent goalie who gets beaten 100% of the time

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
DW is banking on the hope that Dubnyk's wife almost dying was the cause for him to be distracted and having the bad season. If Dubnyk doesn't end up playing better than Jones, then they just have a backup goalie that gets paid a meager $200k more than their previous backup and he won't be around next season. Besides, people who get upset that the Sharks traded for Dubnyk offer no alternative in which they could get a better goalie. From last I checked, quality goalies don't grow on trees and they certainly aren't available for the picking. Having a bad goalie problem like Jones is like having a bad QB in NFL. There's a limited number of quality players at that position and teams aren't exactly willing to let them go easily.

Dubnyk isn't a quality goalie anymore last I checked.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
At the end of the day, this is a small deal that won't drastically effect either team, unless Doobs has a bounce back year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad