Prospect Info: SJ Sharks #5 prospect

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
1) Mirco Mueller-40.57%
2) Nikolai Goldobin-70.15%
3) Chris Tierney-52.70%
4) Konrad Abelthauser-68.00%

Again, if anyone feels I have missed a prospect, please tell me and I will add him to the next poll.

Added many players so please look carefully before voting.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I say the answer is truly Freddie Hamilton here in terms of NHL readiness but I suspect Ice-Berg takes it down here.

(Just trying out IceBerg to see if it sticks)

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Going off the board with Kuraly. Still think this guy can be a big player once he pieces things altogether.

Bergman and Rod have that new car smell but I want to have another year before I have them in the top 5 (neither is a talent that you can't deny). I'm particularly interested in Rod...I see a Jamie McGinn-type (ie fan favorite) the underdog you want to see succeed.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Going off the board with Kuraly. Still think this guy can be a big player once he pieces things altogether.

Bergman and Rod have that new car smell but I want to have another year before I have them in the top 5 (neither is a talent that you can't deny). I'm particularly interested in Rod...I see a Jamie McGinn-type (ie fan favorite) the underdog you want to see succeed.

I like Kuraly. He has the physical tools to be an effective bottom 6er. He had a good year last year, I expect him to build on that. I think his ceiling is a Jason Chimera type player.

whlscowt

HF lists him as one. http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/san_jose_sharks/ He's 23 years old and has only played 36 NHL games, I would consider him one.

He's 24 in 3 days--and he -might- technically be aged out. I forget the actual cutoff date, and I can't find it listed (whatever the case, I'll relay it back to you guys). There's a few players listed there that won't be on there in September for sure. Grosenick, Hayes, Oleksuk, Schwartz, Tennyson will all age out in terms of HF criteria.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
He's 24 in 3 days--and he -might- technically be aged out. I forget the actual cutoff date, and I can't find it listed (whatever the case, I'll relay it back to you guys). There's a few players listed there that won't be on there in September for sure. Grosenick, Hayes, Oleksuk, Schwartz, Tennyson will all age out in terms of HF criteria.

McGinn is a prospect for this season (14-15 is his "age 24" season):

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.

Grosenick, Hayes, Oleksuk, Schwartz, and Tennyson are probably all still prospects this season too (3 year NCAA rule):

An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to the criteria above.

I didn't look up the ages those five signed their ELC, but I'm thinking it was at age 22 for most (if not all) of them.

whlscowt

McGinn is a prospect for this season (14-15 is his "age 24" season):

Grosenick, Hayes, Oleksuk, Schwartz, and Tennyson are probably all still prospects this season too (3 year NCAA rule):

I didn't look up the ages those five signed their ELC, but I'm thinking it was at age 22 for most (if not all) of them.

Our season cutoff is August 15th--it coincides with the deadline for NCAA signings. So technically this was his 24th birthday season. Late summer Birthday's are tricky--same thing happened with Petrecki last year.

As per the other 5--I don't know if that criteria is still in effect next season I am very confused to be honest. There was a big discussion about Simon Moser and the Preds that snowballed. I did bring up those 5-- and nothing was said. I always try and keep you guys posted, and I'll do the same with this situation.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
It makes no sense that HF doesn't use the NHL calendar with 7/1 as the start of the hockey year, and using the deadline for NCAA signings just adds to the silliness of not using the NHL calendar.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I find it interesting looking at the other prospects instead of the leader. Almost every player has at least 1 vote. Just shows the difference of traits that people value the most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad